Experimental dash feedback

Discus and support Experimental dash feedback in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Performance. Everyone's claiming it has a performance boost but I am not noticing any difference. Games and Apps now re-loads every time you enter it,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Nemesis96, Jul 27, 2019.

1. /u/Nemesis96
    /u/Nemesis96 Guest

1. Performance. Everyone's claiming it has a performance boost but I am not noticing any difference. Games and Apps now re-loads every time you enter it, so this part is actually slower. Fairly certain people are experiencing a placebo effect on loading the store/ mixer etc twists, fine.

2. Layout. I like that more game tiles are on show now. I don't like how the background is almost completely covered. The ads are now much larger than game tiles which I find disrespectful.

3. Features. The Discover area is 2 ads and a current activity suggestion. Visually the suggestion is nice because it features game art, but to know that I have 1 friend playing Sea of Thieves is virtually useless information. There are no changes to the twists, they have just been minimised into their own sections. And as another user pointed out, this means you don't see your wallpaper when using these sections.

4. Details. It always says Resume above your current game no matter what you're doing. Vertical scroll speed on homd has been tweaked. It's nicer now but the parallax on background image motion hasn't been updated to match this new acceleration which is quite jarring.

Early suggestions. Replace discover with content relevant to your currently playing game. (Hub shortcut, clips, achievements). Rearrange recent games list downwards to let wallpapers shine through

Also why are there no surveys or quests yet asking for opinions/ feedback on the dash? Feels like we are just here to make sure it works, not to validate UX design.

P.s. forgive any formatting weirdness, I'm on mobile rn

submitted by /u/Nemesis96
    [link] [comments]

/u/Nemesis96, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Argontheos Win User

Preview members.... who's taking the plunge?

I'm not in the preview program on X1 and I left the 360 one when my console started freezing on the dashboard when I scrolled through tabs. It stopped when I left it.

I just wanted to say though, I like the look of the screenies I've seen of the new dash, but it looks like there's no room for customisation on it. Which strikes me as weird, since early-on the feedback for X1 was dash customisation options.

So they added gradient/fading icons, custom background images etc. It looks kinda like MS is forcing a new generic dash design without considering gamers' desire to customise their dash/experience. And so, again... the feedback will be fresh requests for
    customisation.

You'd have thought MS would pre-empt that feedback by front-loading the new dash with extensive customisation. I would... anyway... {XD
  3. Darth Stricken Win User

Xbox Music in background

Its actually the second most requested feature in Xbox Feedback. Dash themes being first. Check it out!
  4. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox One, How Do You....

Half the fun is experimentation! ;)
  5. Cryptic Shrimp Win User

Xbox one new Dash Feedback

I agree the new dash is awful. Just got used to the last one, now have to start again. Why could they not keep it as it was??

Also I think the new update has done something to my xbox one. In another post on here i put on here, it wants to sync each time i play Fallout 4
  6. IRB Win User

Xbox one new Dash Feedback

Browse the Store at the top, then in Games choose "Browse all games" just below the main pictures.

This takes you to a new screen, along the top there is a redeem a code button.
Thema:

1. Experimental dash feedback - Similar Threads - Experimental dash feedback

2. re xbox x dash board

in XBoX Games and Apps
    re xbox x dash board: hi all I am in need of some help this is what is happening high every time i load fallout 76 game to play with in minutes it freezes, and goes back to the Xbox x dashboard, i have done the clear...
  3. My take on the new dash. Twists above Resume. Discover moved down into pins. Groups all...

in XboX Insiders
    My take on the new dash. Twists above Resume. Discover moved down into pins. Groups all...: [IMG] submitted by /u/CrazyGreekDude [link] [comments]
  4. What do you think about new, experimental dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do you think about new, experimental dashboard?: I think its neat, I liked the other more generic dashboard because for some reason it just felt more organized than it really was... you know? 2690bf0d-20f8-456e-9d22-3947036c1072
  5. New Dash, Still "Add More"

in XboX Insiders
    New Dash, Still "Add More": Was really hoping this would be removed or have a way to remove implemented this new dashboard update. I love to be as minimal as possible, so this update is a step in the right direction for me....
  6. New Dash

in XboX Insiders
    New Dash: I was wondering when the Alpha Ring might be getting the new dashboard O_O submitted by /u/gamerfreak89 [link] [comments]
  7. Lastest Dash update crackling audio

in XboX Insiders
    Lastest Dash update crackling audio: My One X just got the latest preview build with the updated dashboard, and now my audio is crackling almost constantly. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on am Atmos setup, not sure if stereo...
  8. Made a slight adjustment for the new dash

in XboX Insiders
    Made a slight adjustment for the new dash: Do you think it looks a little cleaner? http://imgur.com/a/j0IokNU submitted by /u/Bennylegend [link] [comments]
  9. how do i use experimental mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i use experimental mode: ho do use experimental mode on xbox one b67687d7-3a3b-4f47-99ef-6207213f73f7
  10. Trying to Unlock the "Experimental Tech" Achievement

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to Unlock the "Experimental Tech" Achievement: I am trying to unlock the "Experimental Tech" Achievement. Is there any way to tell how many times you successfully used a particular weapon related to this achievement beyond the occasional...