Expired Rental after Service Disruption

Discus and support Expired Rental after Service Disruption in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I rented the Interview last night. About halfway through Xboxlive crashed and the service was no longer accessible. I tried to watch it again today... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Neuchy, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Neuchy
    Neuchy Guest

I rented the Interview last night.

About halfway through Xboxlive crashed and the service was no longer accessible.

I tried to watch it again today but sure enough the 24 hours period was passed.

I was hoping XboxLive services would have extended the rentals for at least the length of the disruptions.

Can that rental be extended ?

Thank you,

:)

Neuchy, Dec 26, 2014
  2. Rjcrane
    Rjcrane Guest
    Xbox Video expired video uninstall question

Hi Splinter,

I don't think there is a manual way to remove these expired rentals, they will eventually remove after a week I believe.

Rjcrane, Dec 26, 2014
  3. Microsoft will not fix party chat or friends list. Ask for a refund of your money.

It is actually stated on article 5. Services disruptions and backup, that We strive to keep the Services up and running; however, all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages, and Microsoft isn't liable for any disruption or loss you may
    suffer as a result.

This is what I was told

xXI Smokey IXx, Dec 26, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hey there,

You would need to get in contact with Billing Support to see if anything can be done about this. It's now something we are equipped to deal with on the forums.

Contact them here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us

maxen, Dec 26, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

Hey there,

You would need to get in contact with Billing Support to see if anything can be done about this. It's now something we are equipped to deal with on the forums.

Contact them here:

support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. xTye Win User

Licensing Time/Purchase Expired

Videos are all rentals. I believe you have 24 hours from the second you hit play on it. After that, the rental expires and you have to rent it again.
  7. AstroPenguin Win User

auto renewal

The service automatically switches to Auto-renewal so that when your subscription expires, you have no disruption to your services. You can manually turn off auto renewal in your account settings.
  8. Rjcrane Win User

Xbox Video expired video uninstall question

Hi Splinter,

I don't think there is a manual way to remove these expired rentals, they will eventually remove after a week I believe.
  9. PhilMarck Win User

Dear xbox,

Rampant @ The thing with PlayStation Plus "free full games" they work as rental games, once the membership expires they no longer work any more. To keep playing them you'll need to renew the membership.

-

I don't like rental games. So I avoid PS Plus, besides it's an optional service for PS3.
Thema:

1. Expired Rental after Service Disruption - Similar Threads - Expired Rental Service

2. 14-day free trial of xbox live gold expired, but i'm still able to play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    14-day free trial of xbox live gold expired, but i'm still able to play online: I used a code to get a 14-day free trial of Xbox live gold. I don't remember when I redeemed it but I checked yesterday and It said it would expire that day. So I checked back today and it still...
  3. How do I find out if my Xbox Live Gold codes expire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I find out if my Xbox Live Gold codes expire?: I was trying to stack my Xbox Live Gold on my account & it converted my first one to Xbox Ultimate Pass. I cancelled my Ultimate Pass to end on last date subscribed. I know i cannot do anything...
  4. Warranty seems to have expired early.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty seems to have expired early.: I purchased my Xbox One X last year in the month of May. I was checking my device status and noticed that my One X is out of warranty coverage. This doesn't seem right as the Xbox is not a year...
  5. Xbox Live Code Already Expired

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Code Already Expired: Hello. I recently purchased an Xbox Live Bundle from Best Buy. Within the bundle, it came with 1 month free pass fro Xbox Live Gold, 1 month free pass to Xbox Game Pass, and the new Star Wars...
  6. Early expiration of gold

in XBoX Accessibility
    Early expiration of gold: I got xbox gold for 12 months on either christmas or my birthday ( in may), i dont think i got it christmas or it would be expired long ago but i was just play it today (3/26/20) and it said...
  7. XBox beta app - Gears 5 still taking up 70gb after uninstalling and Game Pass expired

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox beta app - Gears 5 still taking up 70gb after uninstalling and Game Pass expired: Hi there, My game pass expired and I was wondering after uninstalling everything how it said I was 70gb short. I searched further with an app called TreeSize as I can't open/delete the file...
  8. XBOX Live Gold expired before it should because of Ultimate Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live Gold expired before it should because of Ultimate Game Pass: Hello! I bought an Xbox Live Gold membership for a year in last april, but 3 days ago I saw that the first month of Ultimate Game Pass is just 1€. But I didn't see that it will convert my Live...
  9. Charged for movie rental which instantly expired

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged for movie rental which instantly expired: Hi i have just purchased a movie Thor 2:The dark world for 99p but when i went to watch it a few moments later it said it said it had Expired and i have still been charged. Help or a refund...
  10. Charged for rental, but it wouldn't play... now it's expired

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Charged for rental, but it wouldn't play... now it's expired: Hey there - as the subject says... we rented a movie, but it wouldn't play and then trying again later it was listed as expired... Can I get a refund on this? The confirmation number is:...