Extends Screen time via email not working

Discus and support Extends Screen time via email not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When my son runs out of time he sends a request to extend his screen time from his Xbox. This extension is sent to me via email. I then click on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ukonpete, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Ukonpete
    Ukonpete Guest

When my son runs out of time he sends a request to extend his screen time from his Xbox. This extension is sent to me via email. I then click on the time extension link I want (15 mins, 30 min, 1 hour, etc.) Until recently every time I clicked on the
    link it opened a page in the browser that goes to the "Your Family" page with an acknowledgement that the time was added and then my son can play with the extended time. All of a sudden, clicking on the link takes me to the "Your Family" page and does not
    display the acknowledgement and my son doesn't get the extension.

I tried logging out and back in, I tried clearing cookies and my browser cache and it still does not work. I tried having y son logout and log back into the Xbox and that didn't work either.

:)

Ukonpete, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Ukonpete Win User

Also note.I tried clicking on the link from my Windows 10 machine AND my Android phone with the same result
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Screen Time

This page here has some steps to follow if
    Screen Time is not working as expected.
    It also has a link to another page for further family feature troubleshooting if that doesn't resolve your issue.

Do you know how the additional time is being added? Via the Microsoft Account family website? Or via a code on the console itself to authorize the extended time? That might also help provide more pointed troubleshooting for this issue for you.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Grant more screen time without a request

More screen time must be requested. An alternative would be to extend the time allotted if you so chose to.
  5. zuke11-73663180-902B Win User

Unauthorized Access Investigation Now at 65 Days (Fraudulent Region Migration)

are you guys receiving these emails to the email address that they asked for the email that is not associated with your xboxlive account

-

we need to be compensated for this extend investigation time and for the lack of communication
  6. Jayfore Win User

Screen Time Keeps Ticking Away Even Though User Is Signed Out

It's possible this only occurs when adding extended screen time after the initial time runs out. The extended time may not save over once the account signs out since it was time extended past what you have set on the parent account. I'm not sure if this
    is the case but merely an assumption based on the situation.

Have you had any screen time errors or activity report errors when not adding extended time?
    I am not sure about this, and will need to test. A few more questions...

• Does the timer reset at midnight (time on the Xbox) every day?
    • Is there a quick and easy way for my son (on his Xbox) to see how much time remains in his allotment (at any given time)?
    • Is there a way for me extend his time (other than editing the schedule/settings on the web site) before he actually gets the warning where he can have a parent extend it?
Thema:

1. Extends Screen time via email not working - Similar Threads - Extends Screen via

2. Problem regard to extend Gold for 3 months

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problem regard to extend Gold for 3 months: Hi there. I've tried to extend my Gold account on my xBox One, but no succes. It says that Microsoft has a problem processing my payment. I've tried with 2 debit cards and no succes. In the past I...
  3. Extending Xbox One Kinect Sensor Over USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extending Xbox One Kinect Sensor Over USB: Will this work?: Kinect Sensor -> Adapter to USB -> Active USB cable -> USB IN of Xbox ONE. I see a few adapters for sale that LOOK look like they will do this, my real question is: can I connect...
  4. Can't cancel nor extend Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't cancel nor extend Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription: Hello dear users of the community forum, recently I stumbled across a problem. As said, I can't cancel or extend my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. At first, my monthly subscription could not be paid...
  5. Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...: Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has autorenew on a credit card? fdcc5aa8-6489-40eb-a3a9-036ff7a0eb7d
  6. Could You Extend The PixArk Game To The Windows 10 Xbox App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Could You Extend The PixArk Game To The Windows 10 Xbox App?: It would be a hassle to find this on Steam and through suspicious download links found on YouTube. "Malwarebytes has been protecting me while searching for the PixArk game. Trojan Blocked on igg."...
  7. Extending a Minecraft Realm

in XBoX on Windows
    Extending a Minecraft Realm: Hello, I have tried and failed to extend my minecraft realm several times. I keep getting the "cannot process payment, contact support, we'd like to sort this out" message. Please guide me to the...
  8. Xbox One X didn't start. Repaired by MS. Will Game Pass and XBLG be refunded/extended for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X didn't start. Repaired by MS. Will Game Pass and XBLG be refunded/extended for...: My Xbox OneX is now 1 1/2 years old. During Monster Hunter World the screen went black and I couldn't turn it back on. The company where I bought it told me to send it for repair (I have bought...
  9. I can't extend my game pass for PC subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't extend my game pass for PC subscription: I want to extend my subscription that expires in 2 months and don't miss out the discount but the site gives the following error: [img] I tried multiple times and with the MS Store app as...
  10. Can I extend a child account's screen time before it expires?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend a child account's screen time before it expires?: I wanted to give my kids some extra screen time today. Normally, when their time is about to run out, there is a pop-up message that allows me to extend their time (temporarily, for just the...