External Drive not Powering Off

Discus and support External Drive not Powering Off in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] On build before 1910.190903-1945 my Seagate External Drives would power off, But when 1910.190903-1945 came on Sept. 5th my drives stayed on.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/killerjames425, Sep 9, 2019.

1. External Drive not Powering Off

External Drive not Powering Off [​IMG]

On build before 1910.190903-1945 my Seagate External Drives would power off, But when 1910.190903-1945 came on Sept. 5th my drives stayed on.

The build 2004.190904-1900 kind of fixed that problem. My 2 Seagate External Drives power off now, But my SSD Drive doesn't

The 2 Seagate Drives have External Power Supply.

My SSD Drive is USB Powered

So this seems Strange that the External Power drives will power off and not the SSD drive

Please Fix

Xbox One X Powered on

Xbox One Powered Off

So you see: The 2 Seagate drives are powered off even with into a Powered USB Hub

But my SSD drive that is hooked direct to my Xbox X doesn't power off and it is USB powered

Thank you,

James

submitted by /u/killerjames425
    [link] [comments]

/u/killerjames425, Sep 9, 2019
  2. bstn617 Win User

External hdd

The external drives the op is thinking of are the external desktop drives they have external power supplys that use a ac adapter that has to be pluged in to the wall.

Just get a portable usb drive. That will use usb power and will power on and off with the console.
  3. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Keep getting 'took too long to start' errors

The Xbox One X and S have the same operating system, so don't worry about that. Is this an external drive or the internal drive? If it's external change the power management settings to not turn off power to storage when the system sleeps. Some external
    drives don't cope well with power state changes.
  4. SoG JJKILLERs Win User

Keep getting 'took too long to start' errors

The Xbox One X and S have the same operating system, so don't worry about that. Is this an external drive or the internal drive? If it's external change the power management settings to not turn off power to storage when the system sleeps. Some
    external drives don't cope well with power state changes.
    This is the fix that i did
  5. oLdSkOoLz82 Win User

turning off external hard drive

Most external drives have an indication/power light when they are in use when the console is in sleep mode as long as this light is off on your external drive then there is no issue with unplugging it, it will cause no damage to the info on the drive....
    :)
  6. {Parity} Win User

Auto update

If you have an external drive do you have it set to power off the drive when off? If so try leaving that unticked and see if that helps.
Thema:

External Drive not Powering Off

1. External Drive not Powering Off - Similar Threads - External Drive Powering

2. XBOX One external usb 3 hard drive not powering up after Oct 2018 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external usb 3 hard drive not powering up after Oct 2018 update: After the October 2018 update to my XBOX One Console, my external usb 3 hard disk(where I have lots of games installed to) is not powering up from a soft power-on with the controller. I have to...
  3. External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc

in XboX Networking Hardware
    External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc: External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc I would check the formatting of the drive on the PC and make sure your using the right format. My guess is you may...
  4. Xbox One X - USB-powered external drive always on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - USB-powered external drive always on!: Hi there, Ok read a ton of similar threads but most official microsoft answers thus far seem to either side-step or avoid answering some not quite so direct questions, so I thought I'd ask a...
  5. External Hard Drive Power Cycling

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Power Cycling: I recently purchased a Western Digital Easy Store 8TB drive new from Best Buy to use with my Xbox One X. While the console is in standby/sleep mode, the external drive is constantly powering on...
  6. External Hard Drive power settings when set as default. Best settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive power settings when set as default. Best settings?: Hi, i recently purchased an external 2 TB Western Digital Passport X drive for Xbox. By default, the option "turn storage off when xbox is off" is checked, my Hard drive i have selected as default...
  7. External Hard Drive Power Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Power Question: Hello Everyone, Not sure if many of you have expanded your Xbox One storage yet by adding an additional Hard Drive Externally, or if anyone has posted what I am about to suggest yet. I...
  8. External Hard Drive. Power Saving Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive. Power Saving Mode: I have a quick question. I have a Seagate 2TB external drive for my XBOX one. I noticed that the drive doesn't have a power switch, but a power saving mode can be turned on using the Seagate...
  9. my power brick went i have a question concerning my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    my power brick went i have a question concerning my external hard drive: my external hard drive has it's own power source. it always has a blue blinking light. after my xbox one power brick died, the flashing blue light stopped on my external hard drive. i am assuming...
  10. External Hard Drive doesn't standby when XBOX does, waste of power, heat and life of ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive doesn't standby when XBOX does, waste of power, heat and life of ...: So Microsoft Devs finally got one right and allowed the users to purchase any HD they wanted and plug it in saving a fortune on storage space. However, in order to use the instant on features of...