External Drive Optimization on Xbox Series X

Discus and support External Drive Optimization on Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just got a popup notification asking me if i'll be using my External Drive just on my console or on multiple consoles, I'm using a 3.0 1TB HDD that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Competition-Striking, Jun 26, 2022.

1. External Drive Optimization on Xbox Series X

Just got a popup notification asking me if i'll be using my External Drive just on my console or on multiple consoles, I'm using a 3.0 1TB HDD that i've been using since 2 years now

submitted by /u/Competition-Striking
    [link] [comments]

/u/Competition-Striking, Jun 26, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Seagate External HDD not recognised by Series X

First if it's an xbox series x optimized game moving it to an external drive won't work

Only bc titles that arent patched can

You can look at your library to see which ones are optimized or patched for the fps booster

Only the external nvme for series x Seagate cards work with optimized games
  3. SammyVS Win User

External hard drive

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

If the game is optimized for Xbox Series S/X you will not be able to run the game on an external hard drive. You will need to place the game in the console's internal memory.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Buying game for XS but then it’s not after installing it

Ok did you put it in an internal memory or storage card or external usb drive

If external that would be why

You can only put it in an internal memory or storage card

Now I'd you are saying you have a Xbox one S

That isn't a series s

Series consoles.are different and are not considered Xbox one nor is it part of the name

Also any games.that are meant for the series consoles has to be on storage card or.internal memory

Xbox one games works regardless of Xbox one s or og or one x

And you can use any storage

But for Xbox series consoles there is only s or x not one s/x

And only games on optimized nvme or the Xbox nvme storage card will download the series version

If you put it on external it would only download the Xbox one as you arent running thr optimized nvme
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

External SSD on Xbox Series X?

Hi

Optimized for Series X

There are some Xbox One games in there like Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 4 and a few others.

These 'Optimized' games will need to be installed internally or on to the Expansion card.

External USB Storage can hold all games, but Series X/S games or optimized Xbox One games can not run from USB Storage.
  6. MartinYacusa Win User

Updates download location

Yeah I understand this, but like I said before...all the games are in the external, but for whatever reason is upgrading and updating to the internal.
    This behaviour only occurs on Series X|S optimised games and only on the series X|S console.

Basically, if you have an Series X and your Xbox One game has been optimised for the system it will be moved to the faster storage during the update.

That makes sense...so let me ask you this...will “not optimized “ games work any slower if I run them from an external hard drive rather than the actual internal drive?

Thanks for the help
Thema:

External Drive Optimization on Xbox Series X

1. External Drive Optimization on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - External Drive Optimization

2. Xbox one won’t recognize external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one won’t recognize external hard drive: My Xbox one won’t recognize my external hard drive. I’ve done all the suggested fixes on Xbox help-any or have a fix that doesn’t re format the drive I’d love to hear it!TIA!...
  3. Gamepass: Error 0x80073d0d when trying to install any game on an external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass: Error 0x80073d0d when trying to install any game on an external hard drive: Hello, I tried to play games from the gamepass that were installed on my external hard drive. When clicking on the games in the Xbox App, I got this message: "[Game] can’t open because it is...
  4. External hard drive not displaying all games on Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not displaying all games on Series S: I have an external 2TB hard drive that I've used for a couple of years for game storage on Xbox One. Now playing on a Series S, I tried transferring a game from Series S internal storage to the...
  5. Issues Unresolved W/ External Hard Drives

in XboX Insiders
    Issues Unresolved W/ External Hard Drives: Hello, I've noticed ongoing issues with Xbox updates messing with external hard drives. Since the March 2022 update failure, I have had major issues with my external hard drive 4TB storage either...
  6. External hard drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive issue: I just got a 2tb 3.0usb external hard drive that I’m trying to use on my series s. When I plug it in, the format screen pops up and before I can choose to format it the screen disappears. Please...
  7. Can I share installed games in an external hard drive across multiple PCs?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I share installed games in an external hard drive across multiple PCs?: In short, can I install games into an external hard drive from a PC and launch them on another laptop? I know Windows apps are somehow different in encryption and stuff, can't be sure if they can...
  8. maxiumum amount of external hard drives on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    maxiumum amount of external hard drives on series x: I want clarifcation to amount of externall hard disk that can be attached to the series x. I currently have 2x 1tb ssd and 512 ssd via.usb3 Is it possible to have more, via powered usb 3 hub? I...
  9. Can't install games on my external drive. There is a message: "You can't set your default...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on my external drive. There is a message: "You can't set your default...: I can choose my external E: drive in the drive selection menu, but when I try to select the folder I get: [img] I am on a fresh install of Windows and I've already tried reinstalling Xbox app...
  10. Can't downlaod games on external hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't downlaod games on external hard drive: Hello everyone, I've been having issues with the Xbox app since I first bought the subscription. First, I couldn't downlaod Sea of Thieves up (which I already gave up on) due to a lot of...