External drive problems anyone?

Discus and support External drive problems anyone? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Is anyone else having external hard drive problems? Not sure if it’s cos I got a new xbox, along with another external, that it doesn’t seem to like... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SpaceBurd, Aug 1, 2019.

1. /u/SpaceBurd
    /u/SpaceBurd Guest

Is anyone else having external hard drive problems? Not sure if it’s cos I got a new xbox, along with another external, that it doesn’t seem to like two externals or something!

When I turn on I have to unplug and plug back in the hard drives before they’re recognised. Just want to see if this is just me...

And whilst playing just now had to reinsert the hard drive to get it recognised...it is a branded power through usb style...1tb ssd

submitted by /u/SpaceBurd
    [link] [comments]

/u/SpaceBurd, Aug 1, 2019
  2. rocky619619 Win User

Xbox one wont recognize external hard dirve

Seems to me that it is a problem with either the drive itself or the cable connecting the drive to the console.

If you have another external drive handy, try using the cable from your xbox external drive and see if it can connect to a computer or laptop. If it can, then its more than likely a problem with your external drive.

Alternatively, you could test your external drive on another xbox one console.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

External Drive Problems

I wouldn't do a factory reset unless you have internet network you can connect to because a first time install requires a XBLive connection to complete the setup.

Have you got automatic updates for system, games and apps turned on?

The message "you need internet for this" suggests the console is trying to update something.
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

External Drive Problems

Did support have you re-format the drive? If so, everything on that drive has been wiped.

If you are unable to format it again for games and apps once you plug it back into the console then its dead.

External Drives sometimes fail.

Buy a new one and re-download all of your games to it. I recommend a Seagate. Hasn't failed me yet. 4+ years old.
  5. Ducc Dad Win User

External Drive Problems

Sounds like maybe an OS issue with the xbox. I'd suggest a soft factory reset.

Instructions are here > https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

This will reset the OS and settings but wont delete any games or saves.
  6. CarsUn432 Win User

"Installion Stopped"

It was a problem with my external drive, I couldn't install those few items to my external drive but I could install them using my internal hard drive by setting it as default.
Thema:

1. External drive problems anyone? - Similar Threads - External drive problems

2. External hard drive detection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive detection problems: Hello i have been trying to format my 1tb external hard drive to my xbox one with no luck. Ive made sure i have all the requirements but everytime i go to check my storage on settings app the app...
  3. External hard drive problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive problem: My external hard drive started not working today all it says when i plug it in is (we see your external storage but the connection is too weak to use)ive tried everything but none of it wored and...
  4. External Drive Problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    External Drive Problems: I recently moved to another flat for a 4 weeks internship were I dont have acess to a internet connetion. To pass the time I brought my xbox one x (only halfe a year old) with me. First day...
  5. Large external hard drive problem, 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Large external hard drive problem, 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001) error: Hi there, Following XBF Brad A advice, I am opening a new thread on this issue. I have a problem with my xbox one x not recognizing partially a 8TB seagate xbox drive (used for media storage),...
  6. my wd external hard drive is not listed on my xbox anymore never have had a problem with it ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wd external hard drive is not listed on my xbox anymore never have had a problem with it ...: my western digital my passport external hard drive is not working after a year with no problems it just is not being listed on my xbox including all games that have been downloaded on it yet it is...
  7. External Hard Drive problem Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive problem Xbox One: I am getting a serious problem with my Xbox One S since the latest insiders update. As soon as i connect my external Hard Drive (Western Digital MyBook 3TB) which has always worked, and i am sure...
  8. Problem with external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with external hard drive: I bought an external hard drive for my Xbox one and now I can' play any disk game me that had been downloaded on to my Xbox even after I unplug the hard drive. Does anyone know how to fix this ?...
  9. Problems with external hard drive with my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with external hard drive with my Xbox one: After a dashboard update more than a year ago my WD MY Book 2tb external hard drive stopped working. It actually erased my profile from xbox. I spoke with support and we factory reset the xbox...
  10. Unable to play halo wars 2. Problem with external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play halo wars 2. Problem with external hard drive: When I first got the game, I had it installed on my external HD. Now, it has it installed at 0gb's. Every time I delete it from the external HD, it shows up again at 0 gb's. I don't know what to...