External Hard Drive Causes Xbox To Freeze

Discus and support External Hard Drive Causes Xbox To Freeze in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Just got a new external hard drive. It formatted and said it was ready for use. But every time i try and downlod something, my entire xbox freezes and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Penguin Seller, May 23, 2020.

1. External Hard Drive Causes Xbox To Freeze

Just got a new external hard drive. It formatted and said it was ready for use. But every time i try and downlod something, my entire xbox freezes and i’m forces to hard reset. Has anyone seen this? When i unplug the hard drive everything works fine again.

:)

Penguin Seller, May 23, 2020
  2. AngelObullets Win User

Mercenaries (free for games with gold) freezes

Hey everyone, i got the free game of the month on my xbox 360, and the game constantly freezes after youre in the chinese area of the game/map. Like the 4th mission. Very aggravating and unable to play. I tried refreshing the cache, and soultion
    7 with the system update. I purchased gold tonight beacuse of this game. Sucks i cant play it.
    Hi there,

I have heard of this issue on the original xbox games and sometimes it can be caused by external hard drives, So have to ask if you are using an external hard drive and if the game is stored on that external hard drive.
  3. BigPigGaming112 Win User

Not able to install games on 2TB external hard drive

Have you used the External hard drive on any other systems? (PC maybe) if so this caused the hard drive to be incompatible with downloading games and you must reformat the external hard drive.
  4. Miles_ Win User

These are some risks you take when you purchase an xbox.

Sorry to know this kind of thing happened to you, but this is a very individual issue and it is not general problem affect a few people. Could be caused by Xbox, could be caused by your external hard drive. I suggest changing a new external drive, if it
    happens again, then your Xbox cause this problem.
  5. gamerXpress Win User

Lego Dimensions - Load Corrupted

You've tried removing the hard drive and running the game and it still freezes at that point? I would've figured it was the hard drive causing that issue? You mention your saves are backed up with a USB and you tried it with it connected to the USB?

Could you try it on another Xbox 360 if possible?

Also try making another save file to see if the problem still persists.

It also sounds like your hard drive for your 360 is illegitimate; Xbox 360 S and E hard drives should be a minimum of 250 or 500GB of space. This doesn't apply to external hard drives, however.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Can't play apex legends because of this error...

Could be the external hard drive causing the issue then it won't be the first time I seen errors appearing after updates on external hard drives. Try installing it on internal drive instead if you can?.
Thema:

External Hard Drive Causes Xbox To Freeze

1. External Hard Drive Causes Xbox To Freeze - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive detection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive detection issue: I know this subject has been beaten to death but heres the thing: I wanted to record gameplay longer than the standard 10 mins. Bought the external hard drive - wd my passport 4tb usb external...
  3. External hard drive issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive issues.: So my external harddrive works now by chance. Sometimes it seesm to register then it disappers and games do too. I thought getting a wire would help but it didn't. Any ideas what to do?...
  4. External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive: Hello, I am having a problem with my external hard drive. And i want to know if anyone else is having this problem and if you can fix it. So when im installing a game it will sometimes it beeps...
  5. External hard drive games on xbox app for pc

in XBoX on Windows
    External hard drive games on xbox app for pc: Hi all I just wanted to find out if it is possible for me to play the games that I have already installed on my xbox ones external hard drive on my laptop via the Xbox app for pc? Or to even copy...
  6. x box 1 external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box 1 external hard drive: my new hard drive that is connected to my x box one and has 20 games on it has broken is there any way I can retrieve the games I have stored on it I cannot speak to anyone at x box at this time...
  7. How to recover an XBox One external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to recover an XBox One external hard drive: I had a Seagate 4TB external drive attached to my XBox One. I used it to store game progress. The SATA to USB Connector went bad, and the XBox stopped seeing the drive. I took it out of the case...
  8. External hard drive for xbox please help asap

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive for xbox please help asap: Hi how i know if the external hdd i want to buy is compataible with my xbox Here is the Link https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-284 Can someone check for me pleased...
  9. Help!!! My seagate external hard drive stopped blinking and all of my storage is gone!

in XboX Insiders
    Help!!! My seagate external hard drive stopped blinking and all of my storage is gone!: The title pretty much explains my situation. I’ve been trying to fix it on my own but I haven’t been able to find a solution. If anybody knows how to or has a link that shows me how to I’d be SO...
  10. External Hard Drives Keep Failing on My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drives Keep Failing on My Xbox One: Hello, I currently own the first generation Xbox one. I recently bought a 2TB Seagate Game Drive to store all my games on. I had about half of it filled up, but after about a week or so, it failed...