External hard drive died mid game, now Xbox won’t reinstall the game

Discus and support External hard drive died mid game, now Xbox won’t reinstall the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Console : series x external HDD: seagate expansion desktop drive SRD00F2 game: forza motorsport 7 so i was going back and grinding through to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by megamusseyy, Feb 16, 2021.

1. megamusseyy
    megamusseyy Guest

Console : series x

external HDD: seagate expansion desktop drive SRD00F2

game: forza motorsport 7

so i was going back and grinding through to complete career mode on FM7. Was 2 hours into an endurance race when the game just went, got dashboarded and the xbox refused to acknowledge the existance of my old external hard drive. Pulled the drive and tried to connect it with my PC to no luck either.

when trying to reinstall the game either onto my new external hard drive or the internal SSD, the add ons will install but the base game will download then vanish.

any suggestions?

:)

megamusseyy, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Prototype Mk 00 Win User

Error Code 0xc0000189... Still alive...

okay, lucky me i have all my games on an external hard drive, so that won´t be much of a loss... gonna check it out, may take one or two days to get a result
  3. Im A Wet Grape Win User

Games & Apps Queue

Ive tried the power cycle previously, i have just done the reset and kept my locally saved games. I wiped my external hard drives clean and now began reinstalling the games that was on there. So far so good, i have a feeling only the games that was saved
    on my external hard drives corrupted so im going to get them reinstalled and not mess with them again ahaha.
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Xbox One re-downloaded games won't play

Hey there ConThePaladin,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the game yet? Is the game installed to the internal hard drive or to an external hard drive?

Let us know!
  5. PhinnyZ Win User

Game taking too long to start

Hello caledoniaman,

Have you tried reinstalling the game, and are you installing the game on the internal hard drive or do you have an external hard drive.

Thank you
  6. disk2 Win User

I’m really pissed about this

Sounds like your external hard drive may have died. Have you tried rebooting your Xbox? Tried unplugging the external hard drive waiting a sec and plugging it back in?
Thema:

1. External hard drive died mid game, now Xbox won’t reinstall the game - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External hard drive problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem.: My external hard drive is not showing in my storage devices. I’ve had it about 2 years, never had any problems. I’ve tried resets and plugged in to another xbox, with no luck. How do i know if...
  3. External Hard Drive not working with Xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard Drive not working with Xbox series x: I recently got a “Seagate Game Drive 4TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD - Designed For Xbox One” for my Xbox series x and expected it to work, but that wasn’t the case. From what I understand...
  4. External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive: So recently my Xbox One S stopped detecting my external hard drive from WD, so I did everthing the support page said to including everthing from switching to a diffrent outlet to factory reseting...
  5. Updating Xbox, do I need to reinstall everything on my external hard-drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updating Xbox, do I need to reinstall everything on my external hard-drive?: I have the the previous generation Xbox One and have all of my games stored on an external hard drive. Will I need to reinstall all my games onto the hard drive if I update my xBox, or can I just...
  6. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: I sold somebody my external hard drive but i couldnt delete the storage on it since my xbox died, was that a stupid plan 555ef4ca-a1d4-4ea9-85fc-b68f9296a98b
  7. Xbox app doesn't download games on one of my external hard drives

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app doesn't download games on one of my external hard drives: I have installed the xbox app, with game pass, and have been using it with great results for a while now. However, recently an unexpected problem popped up. When i try to install any game on one...
  8. External hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem: I'm having a problem with a hard drive that I've had for a while, One day its working fine and the next day its not. For some reason, it will connect and show installed games but when I try and...
  9. External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: I’ve recently bought an external hard drive for my xbox one s. The hard drive meets all the requirements; 500gb and usb 3.0. The xbox detects the hard drive and I’ve been able to transfer games...
  10. Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox: Hi, this has been an issue for over a year now since i first downloaded Kingdom Hearts 3 and Untitled Goose Game from the gamepass onto my external hard drive. Ive never had an issue downloading...