External hard drive disconnecting

Discus and support External hard drive disconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my external hard drive keeps disconnecting. I’ve tried all the ports, I was wondering if this is a power related issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KING LAVAR, Mar 24, 2020.

1. KING LAVAR
    KING LAVAR Guest

So my external hard drive keeps disconnecting. I’ve tried all the ports, I was wondering if this is a power related issue

:)

KING LAVAR, Mar 24, 2020
  2. QuiCkz Ninja Win User

Problema wireless

Ciao prova a fare questo se hai un hard disk

Wireless Networking: You may be unable to detect wireless networks with an external hard drive attached.

Workaround: While the console is off, disconnect the external hard drive, power on the console, connect to the wireless network, and reconnect the external hard drive.
  3. Mister Mascot Win User

External Hard drive error, now all games and apps on it will not work.

Hey there DuCKnFiRE,

Does the issue persist if you disconnect the external hard drive and reinstall the games to the internal drive?

Let us know!
  4. {Parity} Win User

Xbox keeps shutting off

Try disconnecting the external hard drive to see if it still does it. Let us know. Good luck.
  5. David Xing Win User

Can't load games or manage games + error 0X8027025a

I have tried loading games both on the internal hard drive and external.

I've disconnected my hard drive and tried to load games that are stored internally and this hasn't fixed it.
  6. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

Updating a game causes me to have to reinstall the ENTIRE THING

If the external hard drive is the possible cause then try and update something while the hard drive is disconnected.

It may be that your game is on the external hard drive but your default location for downloading games in your internal hard drive so when it goes to update it can't find the game as it isn't in the default location. If this is the case you would need to
    make sure that the games being updated are on the internal hard drive before updating.
Thema:

1. External hard drive disconnecting - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External Hard Drive not updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive not updating: Games installed on my external harddrive, or being transferred between the console and harddrive will not complete the action. Frequent installation stopped messages. I am using a 4TB Fantom...
  3. Xbox One S doesn't see newly added files to external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S doesn't see newly added files to external hard drive: Hi everyone! I hope you can help. I added new movies to my external drive (exfat) but media player does not find them. All of my other files in the same folder work, just not new ones added to the...
  4. KESU USB3.0 1tb External Hard Drive Issues on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    KESU USB3.0 1tb External Hard Drive Issues on Xbox One: I recently purchased the KESU USB3.0 1tb external hard drive for my Xbox One. I have the classic big body 500 GB Xbox One. The console easily recognizes this hard drive and even asks me...
  5. Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?: So last update my console said was 3/26/2020 Since then my EHD has failed and now I have to reinstall 3 days worth of game installation. like. I left my house with my xbox off, came home and my...
  6. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: I have the regular Xbox One and while it was on my daughter unplugged the hard drive and so I plugged it back in and it connected no problem. She then unplugged it again and now the xbox won’t...
  7. Xbox one external Hard drive issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one external Hard drive issues.: So over the past few months I've been having issues with my external HD either failing or corrupting and this has happened multiple times. Everytime it happens I have to plug it into my laptop and...
  8. External hard drive will not allow transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive will not allow transfer: I recently purchased a Fantom Drive external hard drive for my Xbox One. Every time I try to transfer from the stock drive the installation stops. Anyone have a fix for this??...
  9. Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive: Hello, I have gone through every trouble shooting step that is online for external storage connections for Xbox One. I have the following hard drive "G-Technology 2TB G-DRIVE mobile USB-C...
  10. "Installation stopped" while downloading and transferring to external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Installation stopped" while downloading and transferring to external hard drive: I recently got a fantom drive for for my one x. When i i to transfer or download straight to the drive the "installation stopped" message pops up. I have tried every known way of reset, format,...