External Hard Drive Help!!

Discus and support External Hard Drive Help!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guyz i have 4 gb xbox 360 and put my external hard drive to xbox and when i play gta v and its overheating and its disconnect from xbox but hard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GTA IY, Feb 13, 2014.

1. GTA IY
    GTA IY Guest

Hey guyz i have 4 gb xbox 360 and put my external hard drive to xbox and when i play gta v and its overheating and its disconnect from xbox but hard drive still working

but when i put it on my pc and its get overheating its not disconnecting can anyone help me?

and when i die in gta it wont load again help please

:)

GTA IY, Feb 13, 2014
  2. n7oldnavy
    n7oldnavy Guest
    External Hard Drive HELP?

I think i'm using the tool/software that came with the drive?

n7oldnavy, Feb 13, 2014
  3. External Hard Drive HELP?

You're still going to end up formatting it on the Xbox anyway....

RenegadeMoose, Feb 13, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

I would advise getting a different external drive like a usb flash drive that meets requirements and use that as storage.

The problem you are experiencing could be caused by the hard drive just bearly meeting the required specifications, that's likely why it is getting hot.

Be aware that you will need a usb flash drive with atleast 16Gb to be used with GTA V

5. onyxishere Win User

Transformers RotDS

Are you using the internal drive or an external hard drive? If you are using an external drive try moving the game to the internal drive to see if that helps.
  6. Exodus Scalpel Win User

transfering games between laptop and desktop

A external hard drive might help
  7. gds1972 Win User

External hard drive help

For disc based games all you will need to do is put the disc back into the console and it will re install the game and if online the console will also download the game updates as well. As for games purchased through the online store if you go to My Games
    & Apps on the console on the left there should be a ready to install section where you can re download these games from.

As for game saves as long as the console is kept online these should be stored on the Microsoft servers and will be downloaded again when required
  8. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I would advise getting a different external drive like a usb flash drive that meets requirements and use that as storage.

The problem you are experiencing could be caused by the hard drive just bearly meeting the required specifications, that's likely why it is getting hot.

Be aware that you will need a usb flash drive with atleast 16Gb to be used with GTA V
  9. Qwertei Win User

External hard drive help

Glad the issue resolved itself if there is any other questions feel free to PM me or reply back here with the question.
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive Help!! - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Some Games Won't Install On External Hard Drive 2.0 (Situation Much Worst Now!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some Games Won't Install On External Hard Drive 2.0 (Situation Much Worst Now!): Hey everyone, So this an update to a previous post I've made in the past:,...
  3. Externe Festplatte funtioniert nicht richtig auf der Xbox[External hard drive is not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Externe Festplatte funtioniert nicht richtig auf der Xbox[External hard drive is not...: Hallo Ich habe jetzt schon seit ca. einem Jahr eine Externe Festplatte für meine XBox ich hatte nie probleme mit dieser Festplatte. Doch die letzten Tage spinnt diese herum. Wenn ich ein Spiel...
  4. Formatting External hard drive questions.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Formatting External hard drive questions.: I just bought 4TB external hard drive for my Xbox one S. It prompted me to format it and I selected the non-media option. 1. Should a progress bar be displayed? 2. How long will it take to...
  5. extern hårdisk -[Translation - external hard drive]

in XBoX Accessibility
    extern hårdisk -[Translation - external hard drive]: mimhådisk är inte kompatibel behöver uppdateras eller synkas med exboxon -[Translation - mimhådisk is not compatible need updating or syncing with exboxone] 74b9b9a9-8b6a-4e7c-86c6-7fc683ae1401
  6. XboxOne stopped detecting the external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne stopped detecting the external hard drive: Hi guys. My XboxOne stopped detecting the external hard drive after I replaced the USB 3.0 adapter. Comments: 1. The console does not detect the external hard drive even if I use the...
  7. my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive: I have an Xbox One and just purchased a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive. It connects ok and initially everything seems ok but the wifi connection randomly gets disconnected and the only solution...
  8. Xbox Game Pass for PC Download Issues When Trying to Install Games on an External Hard Drive.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC Download Issues When Trying to Install Games on an External Hard Drive.: I recently got a 1TB hard rive for my PC because the SSD in my computer is very small. However when trying to download anything from the game pass app I get "Error Code: 0x80073d13". All the info...
  9. External hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not working: Bought a Bipra U3 2.5 inch USB 3.0 1tb and my xbox at first didnt recognise it so I formatted to an exFAT format which should work on xbox to hold my games but it doesn't heres the link to the...
  10. External hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem: Goodnight everyone. I just bought a hard drive 3.0 of 4 tb and as far as I know if it is compatible with the console. The detail is that the console does not detect it or recognize it. What I can...