External Hard Drive Help!!

Discus and support External Hard Drive Help!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guyz i have 4 gb xbox 360 and put my external hard drive to xbox and when i play gta v and its overheating and its disconnect from xbox but hard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GTA IY, Feb 13, 2014.

1. GTA IY
    GTA IY Guest

Hey guyz i have 4 gb xbox 360 and put my external hard drive to xbox and when i play gta v and its overheating and its disconnect from xbox but hard drive still working

but when i put it on my pc and its get overheating its not disconnecting can anyone help me?

and when i die in gta it wont load again help please

:)

GTA IY, Feb 13, 2014
  2. n7oldnavy
    n7oldnavy Guest
    External Hard Drive HELP?

I think i'm using the tool/software that came with the drive?

n7oldnavy, Feb 13, 2014
  3. External Hard Drive HELP?

You're still going to end up formatting it on the Xbox anyway....

RenegadeMoose, Feb 13, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

I would advise getting a different external drive like a usb flash drive that meets requirements and use that as storage.

The problem you are experiencing could be caused by the hard drive just bearly meeting the required specifications, that's likely why it is getting hot.

Be aware that you will need a usb flash drive with atleast 16Gb to be used with GTA V

5. onyxishere Win User

Transformers RotDS

Are you using the internal drive or an external hard drive? If you are using an external drive try moving the game to the internal drive to see if that helps.
  6. gds1972 Win User

External hard drive help

For disc based games all you will need to do is put the disc back into the console and it will re install the game and if online the console will also download the game updates as well. As for games purchased through the online store if you go to My Games
    & Apps on the console on the left there should be a ready to install section where you can re download these games from.

As for game saves as long as the console is kept online these should be stored on the Microsoft servers and will be downloaded again when required
  7. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I would advise getting a different external drive like a usb flash drive that meets requirements and use that as storage.

The problem you are experiencing could be caused by the hard drive just bearly meeting the required specifications, that's likely why it is getting hot.

Be aware that you will need a usb flash drive with atleast 16Gb to be used with GTA V
  8. Qwertei Win User

External hard drive help

Glad the issue resolved itself if there is any other questions feel free to PM me or reply back here with the question.
  9. Sir Cheese Win User

External hard drive help

I don't have an Xbox 360 to format this drive. The drive itself is connected via USB 3.0 cable. The option to format the drive does not exist when I select it in the storage tab in system settings. The only option is "view content." the drive is a Seagate
    2TB slim brand new.
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive Help!! - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive not reading games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not reading games: I've used the same 1tb external drive on my xbox for awhile now but as I was playing cod black ops it crashed and restarted. it wasn't recognizing the drive so I unplugged and plugged it back in,...
  3. External hard drive xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive xbox one: I recently bought an xbox one, I already have an xbox 360, this has an externam hard drive, my question is how can I use the external hard drive of my xbox 360 in my xbox one? I tried to connect...
  4. External hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drives: I'm running out of space on my 2tb hard drive so I'm thinking about getting a 4tb drive. I don't have a computer that i can use to transfer my games from one drive to another so I'm wondering...
  5. How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...: I want to delete the games on my "Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD" This External Hard Drive is currently on a Original Xbox One console and I want to clear the...
  6. External hard drive is recognized but won't play games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is recognized but won't play games: Hi so I have two external hard drives and my first one works great but my second one which is a western digital easy store 4 tb Is recognized but won't play games. It says the game needs to finish...
  7. external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    external hard drive: if i buy an external hard drive, say the seagate one for xbox, will it work with project scarlett when it comes out in 2020? 4e4acd2b-6425-4ef5-8902-ae9f4ab24505
  8. external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive: My grandsons friend brought over his external hard drive to play games on xbox one and now i cant get to play games why? 610c45d7-59ca-44f6-82b6-a897abb12456
  9. External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive: External 2Tb Seagate My Xbox One required an update this morning when i turned it on and after updating my external drive turned off and wont come back on. The drive is only a month or two old...
  10. External Hard Drive lag issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive lag issues: So my external hard drive has been working fine up until recently. When a game starts a cut scene, it will lag(the scene stops and starts over and over) and when the scene ends, the game play...