External hard drive is not detected

Discus and support External hard drive is not detected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My console is xbox one and device is up-to date with no pending updates to be installed. I have western digital hard drive with 1TB size. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DeepakAchar, Sep 22, 2019.

1. DeepakAchar
    DeepakAchar Guest

My console is xbox one and device is up-to date with no pending updates to be installed. I have western digital hard drive with 1TB size. The connecting USB cable is 3.0.

My console is not detecting external storage device. Before writing here, i did browse for solution and there was an option to un-check setting "turn off external device when console is off". I tried that but no smile.

Please help me to connect my external device and browse the contents on my console.

Note : i do not want to extend console storage with external hard drive.

:)

DeepakAchar, Sep 22, 2019
  2. gds1972 Win User

External hard drive not formatting on Xbox One

3. smw007 Win User

External hard drive malfunction

Is your console an Xbox 360 or Xbox One ?

Double check if the external hard drive is actually being detected, sometimes the USB connection might be loose. If the external hard drive is not detected, turn off the console

and then double check the USB connector is firmly plugged in, then turn console back on and see if external hard drive appears.

Also another thing to check... some brands of external hard drive have a power light when turned on. Check if the power light is on.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

xbox one not recognising my hard drive

Hi there agentdutywars17,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox console detecting the external hard drive. I recommend to try the following:

• Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One
    • Try a different port on the Xbox console
    • Try using another cable that connects from your external hard drive to your Xbox console
    • Try a different external hard drive to help isolate the issue between the Xbox or the hard drive

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  5. Linkin Jon Win User

Xbox One no longer recognizes my external hard drive's media content after the update

I have the same issue. does not detect any external hard drives. only device it seems to detect was the controller.
  6. QuiCkz Ninja Win User

Problema wireless

Ciao prova a fare questo se hai un hard disk

Wireless Networking: You may be unable to detect wireless networks with an external hard drive attached.

Workaround: While the console is off, disconnect the external hard drive, power on the console, connect to the wireless network, and reconnect the external hard drive.
Thema:

1. External hard drive is not detected - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive: My external will not download games and will not load games that are downloaded on the hard drive. This has been going on for more than a month and I need to fix it because it is driving me crazy....
  3. External hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive: My external hard drive is connected and it pops up and says that it is connected but non of the games i have installed on it show up and i cant instal any thing else to it it shows that it is...
  4. Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive: I have the xbox approved Seagate 2 tb external hard drive for my xbox one x. I have had it for 13 months. The xbox suddenly stopped recognizing the hard drive. I switched and tried all three usb...
  5. Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I’ve been using for that past and a half. It has worked great up until this point, the xbox started randomly not reading it and I have tried every solution...
  6. External Hard Drive not booting up when used with Instant On standby mode.

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard Drive not booting up when used with Instant On standby mode.: Not sure if this is linked to the Preview Program or not but I thought I'd start here first. Recently my Xbox has not been booting up the external hard drive when I turn it on from standby mode...
  7. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).: Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games downloaded on the internal hard drive?...
  8. Anyone have any luck purchasing a USB 3.0 Hub to connect additional external hard drives to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone have any luck purchasing a USB 3.0 Hub to connect additional external hard drives to...: Hopefully someone out there can answer this question, I have 2 external hard drives hooked up to my Xbox One X with a third sitting downstairs with nothing to do except wait due to the fact I have...
  9. Xbox Update and External Hard drive problen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Update and External Hard drive problen: Hello everyone, a few days ago, I ran across a problem which I believe started with the Update on Oct 10. It began when "Events (Beta)" had stopped and failed to install, I did a number of...
  10. Is it safe to leave a seagate external hard drive plugged in all the time(Xbox One)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it safe to leave a seagate external hard drive plugged in all the time(Xbox One)?: Just recently bought one, was just wondering if it is okay to leave my 2tb external hard drive plugged in all the time? 4ccd6009-787e-45ea-852f-c43b4af7c585