External hard drive issues and formatting

Discus and support External hard drive issues and formatting in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have seen several people complaining about external hard drives not working with their consoles and I have recently had this problem... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AxillaryData62, Sep 21, 2019.

1. External hard drive issues and formatting

Hello everyone. I have seen several people complaining about external hard drives not working with their consoles and I have recently had this problem as well. I have found an answer to this problem. I have been doing research with my original Xbox One
    and thanks to my friend for letting me borrow his Xbox One S. The external drives that Microsoft manufactures with Seagate for consoles is actually programmed for the newer consoles which means older consoles are out dated. If you have a newer console I recommend
    using these Seagate drives but anything older than an Xbox One X or S then use Western Digital due to their programming to connect to all the consoles or any 3.0 USB external drive that was manufactured before 2018. This has been a very extensive research
    conducted by myself. I have had a lot of free time recently re-downloading all of my games due to a faulty hard drive and trying to find a cheap fix which in turn has been fairly cheap due to the fact that I have returned all of the drives that were not compatible.
    I have also been doing a lot of reading on all of the specs for these devices for compatibly. I hope that everyone uses this in helping the gaming community so that we can get the best out of our gaming experiences.

:)

AxillaryData62, Sep 21, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game

Hi Cipher XIII,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with uninstalling a game on your external hard drive. Have you attempted to re-format your hard drive? You may want to check your hard drive's manual on the proper steps to format it.

Formatting will completely wipe your hard drive's data, this should correct any issues with installation and uninstallation on your external hard drive.

I hope this helps.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Games won't load

Seems you need to format your external hard drive to solve this issue
  4. Skeeter Quill Win User

External Hard Drive Formatting Issues

5. Christyna64 Win User

Thank you for sharing your information on this issue.
  6. DarthLegacy905 Win User

I had the same issue. literally all I did was unplug it and plug it back in while I restarted my console and it worked again.
Thema:

1. External hard drive issues and formatting - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. My external hard drive is not turning off. Does any have thisproblem or just my console?...

in XboX Insiders
    My external hard drive is not turning off. Does any have thisproblem or just my console?...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Deadmandoom963 [link] [comments]
  3. External hard drive

in XboX Networking Hardware
    External hard drive: External hard drive Hi, Gibby here! I have no current knowledge or experience on this subject matter, and I am horribly sorry to hear about this problem affecting you.. Here is the Xbox support...
  4. External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles: Tryibg to let my son use my hard drive. But when i plug the hard drive into his xbox it will detect and not show any games or let us transfer games. My account is on both xboxes. How am i to let...
  5. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....
  6. External Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive: My external will not download games and will not load games that are downloaded on the hard drive. This has been going on for more than a month and I need to fix it because it is driving me crazy....
  7. External hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive: My external hard drive is connected and it pops up and says that it is connected but non of the games i have installed on it show up and i cant instal any thing else to it it shows that it is...
  8. Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive: I have the xbox approved Seagate 2 tb external hard drive for my xbox one x. I have had it for 13 months. The xbox suddenly stopped recognizing the hard drive. I switched and tried all three usb...
  9. Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I’ve been using for that past and a half. It has worked great up until this point, the xbox started randomly not reading it and I have tried every solution...
  10. External Hard Drive not booting up when used with Instant On standby mode.

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard Drive not booting up when used with Instant On standby mode.: Not sure if this is linked to the Preview Program or not but I thought I'd start here first. Recently my Xbox has not been booting up the external hard drive when I turn it on from standby mode...