External hard drive issues and formatting

Discus and support External hard drive issues and formatting in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have seen several people complaining about external hard drives not working with their consoles and I have recently had this problem... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AxillaryData62, Sep 21, 2019.

1. External hard drive issues and formatting

Hello everyone. I have seen several people complaining about external hard drives not working with their consoles and I have recently had this problem as well. I have found an answer to this problem. I have been doing research with my original Xbox One
    and thanks to my friend for letting me borrow his Xbox One S. The external drives that Microsoft manufactures with Seagate for consoles is actually programmed for the newer consoles which means older consoles are out dated. If you have a newer console I recommend
    using these Seagate drives but anything older than an Xbox One X or S then use Western Digital due to their programming to connect to all the consoles or any 3.0 USB external drive that was manufactured before 2018. This has been a very extensive research
    conducted by myself. I have had a lot of free time recently re-downloading all of my games due to a faulty hard drive and trying to find a cheap fix which in turn has been fairly cheap due to the fact that I have returned all of the drives that were not compatible.
    I have also been doing a lot of reading on all of the specs for these devices for compatibly. I hope that everyone uses this in helping the gaming community so that we can get the best out of our gaming experiences.

:)

AxillaryData62, Sep 21, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game

Hi Cipher XIII,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with uninstalling a game on your external hard drive. Have you attempted to re-format your hard drive? You may want to check your hard drive's manual on the proper steps to format it.

Formatting will completely wipe your hard drive's data, this should correct any issues with installation and uninstallation on your external hard drive.

I hope this helps.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Problemas con disco externo[Translation-Problems with external disk]

Hello Edward,

Thanks for the replies. We recommend trying to format the external hard drive on a PC. Make sure to format to NTFS. Also here is a guide for issues

detecting external hard drive
    . If the hard drive is not compatible with the console it will read it as a media device no matter the format.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Games won't load

Seems you need to format your external hard drive to solve this issue
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

External Hard Drive Formatting Issues

6. Christyna64 Win User

Thank you for sharing your information on this issue.
Thema:

1. External hard drive issues and formatting - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: So long story short my xbox died lastweek, minor details its had a long life so got a second hand one as a replacement, all my games are digital and stored on my WD 4TB. When i plugged the hard...
  3. Can an external hard drive be used for an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an external hard drive be used for an Xbox 360?: We have a 4GB 360 need more space I have a Western digital external empty but it is 1.5 TB, I also have a 3 TB fb63a960-1686-4aed-87da-728427423035
  4. xbox seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox seagate external hard drive: so I have been lagging for the past two week then today I hard drive has stopped working no light but when you feel it it is feeling like it is on i have tried everything even used another cable...
  5. Xbox one external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one external hard drive: Hey so I got this 1 TB hard drive that is like WD elements I think and I have had it for two years so it might just be dead but it is still recognized on my computer. I searched it up and got the...
  6. External Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive: What is the best type of external hard drive to use with the xbox one. I purchased a seagate, but after a couple of days it will not work and it does not show on the xbox. I have tried everything...
  7. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?: I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it I can't start any of the games on it. Now...
  8. Xbox External Hard Drive not Functioning Properly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox External Hard Drive not Functioning Properly: I bought an external hard drive for our Xbox, but the games are not loading correctly when we have it plugged in. I have had this drive for over 4 years, and has worked perfectly fine until a...
  9. Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005): When I am attempting to install a game onto my E drive instead of my C drive, I get the following message: This location is not set up for installing games. I then click: Set it as your location...
  10. Seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate external hard drive not working: My seagate external hard drive is plugged into my xbox but my game s that i had on there are now ready to install. It was all fine until i updated my console yesterday to the latest update, now my...