External Hard Drive Issues

Discus and support External Hard Drive Issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Fantom Drive 2TB Storage HUB has recently been acting strange. I tried downloading a game on it and it immeadiately said installation stopped. I’ve... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jw_409, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jw_409
    jw_409 Guest

My Fantom Drive 2TB Storage HUB has recently been acting strange. I tried downloading a game on it and it immeadiately said installation stopped. I’ve tried unplugging it and putting it back in, hard reset, factory reset power cycling, and reformatting
    all to no avail. The external hard drive is still recognized by the xbox and everything appears fine on my laptop when it is plugged in there. But its only downloading apps such as hulu and youtube no games are working on it. Ive formatted as NTFS and followed
    prompts for formatting it on the console as well. Im at a loss for what to do.

:)

jw_409, Aug 14, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. One Pint Johnny Win User

Tv configuration App Not working

Having the same issues. Could be something to do with the external hard drive maybe, not had time to troubleshoot yet though.

Some ideas to try maybe?

1. Make the Xbox One drive the primary drive, while the external drive is still plugged in

2. Try with the external hard drive unplugged

No idea if this will make a difference, but this issue only started for me since I got an external drive. Unless others are having the same issue with no external hard drive?
  3. Peachy900757 Win User

Xbox unable to load games at all :(

If you have an external hard drive could you try deleting a game and installing it directly to the console's hard drive to rule out issues with the external drive itself?
    I am not using a external drive :(
  4. onyxishere Win User

Xbox unable to load games at all :(

If you have an external hard drive could you try deleting a game and installing it directly to the console's hard drive to rule out issues with the external drive itself?
  5. EightBasil56474 Win User

Corrupted game file

Can you try putting the game on an external Hard drive (USB3.0 and at least 256GB) to see if it's a hard drive issue?
    The thing is I don't have an external hard drive and they cost like 70 bucks. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it without the external hard drive.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Corrupted saved game

I have had this issue before with external hard drives before, What is the game in question and do you use an external hard drive at all?.
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive Issues - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive for xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive for xbox: Hello xbox Community, as you all know video game file sizes are increasing generation by generation and my 500 GB Xbox one s can only handle 4 to 5 games. I have a 1 TB xbox hard drive but i need...
  3. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: So long story short my xbox died lastweek, minor details its had a long life so got a second hand one as a replacement, all my games are digital and stored on my WD 4TB. When i plugged the hard...
  4. Can an external hard drive be used for an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an external hard drive be used for an Xbox 360?: We have a 4GB 360 need more space I have a Western digital external empty but it is 1.5 TB, I also have a 3 TB fb63a960-1686-4aed-87da-728427423035
  5. xbox seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox seagate external hard drive: so I have been lagging for the past two week then today I hard drive has stopped working no light but when you feel it it is feeling like it is on i have tried everything even used another cable...
  6. Xbox one external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one external hard drive: Hey so I got this 1 TB hard drive that is like WD elements I think and I have had it for two years so it might just be dead but it is still recognized on my computer. I searched it up and got the...
  7. External Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive: What is the best type of external hard drive to use with the xbox one. I purchased a seagate, but after a couple of days it will not work and it does not show on the xbox. I have tried everything...
  8. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?: I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it I can't start any of the games on it. Now...
  9. Xbox External Hard Drive not Functioning Properly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox External Hard Drive not Functioning Properly: I bought an external hard drive for our Xbox, but the games are not loading correctly when we have it plugged in. I have had this drive for over 4 years, and has worked perfectly fine until a...
  10. Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005): When I am attempting to install a game onto my E drive instead of my C drive, I get the following message: This location is not set up for installing games. I then click: Set it as your location...