External Hard Drive making controller react slower.

Discus and support External Hard Drive making controller react slower. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Been playing on my xbox forever now and i have had the external hard drive for months and an issue like this has never happened. I got up today and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rykze, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Rykze
    Rykze Guest

Been playing on my xbox forever now and i have had the external hard drive for months and an issue like this has never happened. I got up today and turned on my xbox and my hard drive wasnt working so i unplugged it and plugged it back in and all my games
    came back up but then my controller began to start acting up. It was on and it would take about 1 minute for it to actually react to me pressing the button. Its a brand new controller so it cant be that. When i unplug the hard drive the controller works fine
    then when i plug it in, after the games load in, the controller begins to act up again. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Rykze, Apr 21, 2019
  2. H3PA80R Win User

I would try a resynch for the controller first. If this won't fix it do a power cycle. To do that press the power button for ten seconds. After the console shuts down unplug the power cord for at least a minute Than put the power cord back in and restart
    the console. Hope that fix the issue.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Is the controller wireless or wired? If its wired just simply try unplugging it and plugging it back in. If its is wireless, try to resync your controller. I've had similar reaction/connectivity with a wireless controller that was brand new before too...all
    I did was resync it and it was fixed.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Brady,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue with the controller. Try first to manually shut down the console. To do this hit the guide button>go to far right icon looks like a gear then scroll down to turn off console. Leave the console off for about
    30 seconds then turn back on. Once completely booted up try an
    update the controller

Thanks,

Brad
  5. I amElgie Win User

It could be possible that if the controller had a previous update that was stored within the hardrive some of that data is either missing or corrupted due to you removing the hard drive but if you use this link it can show you how to update your controller
    again

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter
  6. One Pint Johnny Win User

Tv configuration App Not working

Having the same issues. Could be something to do with the external hard drive maybe, not had time to troubleshoot yet though.

Some ideas to try maybe?

1. Make the Xbox One drive the primary drive, while the external drive is still plugged in

2. Try with the external hard drive unplugged

No idea if this will make a difference, but this issue only started for me since I got an external drive. Unless others are having the same issue with no external hard drive?
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive making controller react slower. - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Xbox service to copy games onto new external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox service to copy games onto new external hard drive: My external hard drive that I used to store my Xbox One games stop working and I am going to replace it. My question is there a Xbox service where I can send Microsoft my external hard drive and...
  3. Xbox one wont recognize external hard drive anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wont recognize external hard drive anymore.: A while back, (6 months maybe), my xbox started displaying an error message "external storage detected but usb signal is too weak, please make sure its the correct type of usb cable"... I had been...
  4. External hard drive question time!.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive question time!.: I am using 1TB external drive for games and 4TB for video. And have no problems at all. Last 2 years. But good idea from your side :) keep it up f8efca78-c04d-4739-a77c-d4f4675e29c6
  5. My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.: Recently after installing Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and the pre sequel on to my external hard drive (which is a 2 TB Seagate with the Xbox logo) my xbox one runs in to an issue where while it is...
  6. External Hard Drives for the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drives for the Xbox One: I have a question for those who are smarter at this than I am. I have one of the original Xbox One systems. To be precise, when HALO came out, I purchased the Xbox One Master Chief Edition. I...
  7. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm having the same exact issue that this person posted in this thread that was started a month ago that was for some reason considered "old" and then locked with no resolution: The external HDD...
  8. External Hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drives: Hey all just wanted to Share a little knowledge on how to speed things up beyond Fast Internet. External hard drives are the way to go I am using a 3.5 internal in a enclosure and works great for...
  9. xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...: Ciao, posseggo un Seagate drive esterno da 2 tb da poco tempo.. avevo installato un paio di giochi da pochi gb e fin lì tutto bene, in questi giorni stavo facendo il download di the witcher 3 e...
  10. External Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive: I’m attempting to install my brand new 1tb external hard drive, and my Xbox One S is having no luck detecting it. So far, I have been through all the suggestions on the help site with no luck. Any...