External Hard Drive not access content

Discus and support External Hard Drive not access content in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After an update (Aug 2019) my Xbox One stopped showing my ext hard drive. I could move it to another USB port and I could see the content but it would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RegTviol8r, Aug 18, 2019.

1. RegTviol8r
    RegTviol8r Guest

After an update (Aug 2019) my Xbox One stopped showing my ext hard drive. I could move it to another USB port and I could see the content but it would not access the content. I tried all the power settings that were recommended but when I log in it is
    a 50/50 chance that my hard drive will get recognized. I never can access the games though. I know this last update changes some power on options (Energy Saver vs Quick access). Not sure if that is the issue but wondering if others have this issue. The
    ext drive I use is a WD Passport Ultra 1TB and it worked for years without any issues.

:)

RegTviol8r, Aug 18, 2019
  2. xxxDUNKaTRONxxx Win User

Pretty sure it was the update. I have two 5tb hard drives and my xbox one x and both xbox one s don't recognize the hard drives now.
  3. RegTviol8r Win User

XBF Brad,

I have tried to transfer games to the ext drive and from the ext drive and it just clocks and sits at 0% completed. I can delete games from the ext drive but I can't add games to it. Finally I just decided to try and format the ext drive to and it just
    clocked and never formatted the drive.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

5. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. Frank Moses Win User

WD Passport is what I have for videos and stuff. Sometimes they just go crazy. Try plugging it in to a PC and see of it says the drive has an error. Also, try the WD website and see if there's a way to test it and see what's going on. They have several
    downloads,to my recollection.
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive not access content - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Console shuts down when trying to transfer from external hard drive

in XboX Insiders
    Console shuts down when trying to transfer from external hard drive: Posting this for a friend, because he doesn't use Reddit. Console is shutting down when trying to transfer games from external hard drive. He has 2 external hard drives, both Seagate 8TB, both...
  3. External Hard Drive no longer accessible/showing up

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive no longer accessible/showing up: My xbox no longer picks up that my external hard drive is connected. Earlier today there was problems with games taking too long to load, so I power cycled & tried to move data off of the external...
  4. Xbox Game DVR on External Hard drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game DVR on External Hard drive issue: Hello Everyone, have anyone of you faced an issue where your external hard drive is NTFS Formatted and it’s a USB 3.0 storage set for capture but you still have only 2 minutes max of Recording?...
  5. External Hard Drive Problem Seagate 4TB model SRDNONF 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Problem Seagate 4TB model SRDNONF 1: Hi Everyone Please can someone Help . i have an External Hard Drive for my X Box . its a Seagate 4 TB unit , ive had it well over a Year and it has at least one Game on it but i carnt seem to...
  6. Internal vs External hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internal vs External hard drives: Is it better/safer to put my big downloaded games (without a disk) on my external hard drive or my internal hard drive on my xbox? 24e509c1-bf30-40ed-860b-4fffbf38c9be
  7. External Hard Drive Formatting Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Formatting Time: So, I just want to know how long it should take to format an external hard drive for games and apps. I have a 2tb hard drive, it has been nearly 2 days and it has still not finished formatting....
  8. Xbox one external hard drive connecting and disconnecting issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one external hard drive connecting and disconnecting issue: So i bought a 500 GB xbox one external hard drive and unboxed it and when i unboxed it, i turned on my xbox one and pluged it in. Everything was fine until i tryed to press the format button on my...
  9. how do i download my tv and movies to external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i download my tv and movies to external hard drive?: how do i download my tv and movies to external hard drive? 768c360d-3ef0-4570-9502-c14b4f73d1d5
  10. Storage management copying on external Hard drives?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Storage management copying on external Hard drives?: My question is I own two Xbox one X since i just bought the new cyberpunk edition and was going to split the externals since i have two plug in to xbox one x and was wondering since if theres a...