External Hard Drive not access content

Discus and support External Hard Drive not access content in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After an update (Aug 2019) my Xbox One stopped showing my ext hard drive. I could move it to another USB port and I could see the content but it would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RegTviol8r, Aug 18, 2019.

1. RegTviol8r
    RegTviol8r Guest

After an update (Aug 2019) my Xbox One stopped showing my ext hard drive. I could move it to another USB port and I could see the content but it would not access the content. I tried all the power settings that were recommended but when I log in it is
    a 50/50 chance that my hard drive will get recognized. I never can access the games though. I know this last update changes some power on options (Energy Saver vs Quick access). Not sure if that is the issue but wondering if others have this issue. The
    ext drive I use is a WD Passport Ultra 1TB and it worked for years without any issues.

:)

RegTviol8r, Aug 18, 2019
  2. xxxDUNKaTRONxxx Win User

Pretty sure it was the update. I have two 5tb hard drives and my xbox one x and both xbox one s don't recognize the hard drives now.
  3. RegTviol8r Win User

XBF Brad,

I have tried to transfer games to the ext drive and from the ext drive and it just clocks and sits at 0% completed. I can delete games from the ext drive but I can't add games to it. Finally I just decided to try and format the ext drive to and it just
    clocked and never formatted the drive.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

5. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. Frank Moses Win User

WD Passport is what I have for videos and stuff. Sometimes they just go crazy. Try plugging it in to a PC and see of it says the drive has an error. Also, try the WD website and see if there's a way to test it and see what's going on. They have several
    downloads,to my recollection.
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive not access content - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive problem: My external hard drive started not working today all it says when i plug it in is (we see your external storage but the connection is too weak to use)ive tried everything but none of it wored and...
  3. External hard drive is not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is not detected: My console is xbox one and device is up-to date with no pending updates to be installed. I have western digital hard drive with 1TB size. The connecting USB cable is 3.0. My console is not...
  4. External hard drive issues and formatting

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive issues and formatting: Hello everyone. I have seen several people complaining about external hard drives not working with their consoles and I have recently had this problem as well. I have found an answer to this...
  5. Is it possible for an external hard drive to lock up the Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible for an external hard drive to lock up the Xbox?: I think mine is dying (it was working perfectly fine all day until a few hours ago) and the Xbox is barely working because of it. It stopped recognizing it but now it recognized it for a bit and...
  6. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 7ec19c3d-fdea-4369-bff3-cd78851ade59
  7. external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive: Today's update killed my external hard drive and now the console won't even read it. [Mod Removed - Profanity] do i do 7512d84d-ea13-492a-8fc7-82d674975b44
  8. External Hard Drive Attached to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Attached to Xbox One: I can not get my Xbox One to recognize an external hard drive even after doing a low level format with NTFS! The Xbox keeps throwing the error that the drive is NOT formatted! I formatted the...
  9. External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc

in XBoX on Windows
    External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc: I have an 1tb external hard drive for my xbox one. I was wondering if I can use that on my gaming desktop pc. I need more room on my desktop and don't need the external drive for the xbox one...
  10. external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    external hard drive: I connected my external hard drive from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox one x. when i turn the Xbox on it reads the drive as empty But when i access the drive the games are listed, when i go to play the...