External Hard Drive Not Recognized

Discus and support External Hard Drive Not Recognized in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So has anyone experienced any issues where their external hard drive just stop being recognized? This is not a new hard drive, I have had it for years... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StouticusMaximus, May 14, 2020.

1. External Hard Drive Not Recognized

So has anyone experienced any issues where their external hard drive just stop being recognized? This is not a new hard drive, I have had it for years and has worked fine until after my console did an update on 05/11. I did recognize it at one point and asked me if I wanted to reformat for use. Not sure if this is a console related issue or a hard drive issue or an issue to the hard drive due to the console. I am on Alpha Skip Ahead.

I am at a loss on this situation since everything on this 5TB hard drive.

Side Notes: I did try to hook it up to my PC to see if it would recognize it but it does not either. The drive comes on and the status indicator is on and blinks.

So could the hard drive die and just coincidentally after and update happened? Or could have the update caused my hard drive to fail?

submitted by /u/StouticusMaximus
    [link] [comments]

/u/StouticusMaximus, May 14, 2020
  2. Lady ll N lK Win User

Requires a hard drive.

You have to have an external hard drive plug in. It does not have to be 360 just reformat it. External hard drives that plug in the USB are not recognized as a hard drive for the 360.
  3. o6oREAPERo9o Win User

Xbox One External HDD Revert Back HELP!

Done it! No thanks to anyone on the forums! Extremely unhelpful!

If anyone else is have the same problem here is a link to reformatting external hard drives. Likely your hard drive will show as unrecognized so just follow that section. Pretty simple in the end.

www.hgst.com/.../my-external-hard-drive-not-recognized-my-computer
  4. onyxishere Win User

External HDD re-format

5. BrianGunter Win User

external hard drive on xbox360?

You can use an external hard drive, but the Xbox will only recognize 32 GB of the drive.
  6. onyxishere Win User

External Hard Drive Help

Thema:

External Hard Drive Not Recognized

1. External Hard Drive Not Recognized - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive detection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive detection issue: I know this subject has been beaten to death but heres the thing: I wanted to record gameplay longer than the standard 10 mins. Bought the external hard drive - wd my passport 4tb usb external...
  3. External hard drive issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive issues.: So my external harddrive works now by chance. Sometimes it seesm to register then it disappers and games do too. I thought getting a wire would help but it didn't. Any ideas what to do?...
  4. External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive: Hello, I am having a problem with my external hard drive. And i want to know if anyone else is having this problem and if you can fix it. So when im installing a game it will sometimes it beeps...
  5. External hard drive games on xbox app for pc

in XBoX on Windows
    External hard drive games on xbox app for pc: Hi all I just wanted to find out if it is possible for me to play the games that I have already installed on my xbox ones external hard drive on my laptop via the Xbox app for pc? Or to even copy...
  6. x box 1 external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box 1 external hard drive: my new hard drive that is connected to my x box one and has 20 games on it has broken is there any way I can retrieve the games I have stored on it I cannot speak to anyone at x box at this time...
  7. How to recover an XBox One external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to recover an XBox One external hard drive: I had a Seagate 4TB external drive attached to my XBox One. I used it to store game progress. The SATA to USB Connector went bad, and the XBox stopped seeing the drive. I took it out of the case...
  8. External hard drive for xbox please help asap

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive for xbox please help asap: Hi how i know if the external hdd i want to buy is compataible with my xbox Here is the Link https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-284 Can someone check for me pleased...
  9. External Hard Drive Causes Xbox To Freeze

in XBoX Accessibility
    External Hard Drive Causes Xbox To Freeze: Just got a new external hard drive. It formatted and said it was ready for use. But every time i try and downlod something, my entire xbox freezes and i’m forces to hard reset. Has anyone seen...
  10. Help!!! My seagate external hard drive stopped blinking and all of my storage is gone!

in XboX Insiders
    Help!!! My seagate external hard drive stopped blinking and all of my storage is gone!: The title pretty much explains my situation. I’ve been trying to fix it on my own but I haven’t been able to find a solution. If anybody knows how to or has a link that shows me how to I’d be SO...