External Hard Drive Playback Update please?

Discus and support External Hard Drive Playback Update please? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I think it works be a great benefit, as well as a great selling point, that the Xbox One console not only allow storage from external hard drives, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by marlonr914, Aug 9, 2014.

1. marlonr914
    marlonr914 Guest

I think it works be a great benefit, as well as a great selling point, that the Xbox One console not only allow storage from external hard drives, but allow video & audio playback from them as well. Good for those who either have unreliable computers or
    internet service buy have plenty of content on their HDDs. Relying on the Xbox Video app is ok but if you have no connection to the internet or computer but you wanna have a movie night on your Xbox One, this world be perfect. Can we get an update to allow
    this please?

:)

marlonr914, Aug 9, 2014
  2. Atmos compatibility

Can xbox one s playback dolby atmos content via external hard drive attached through usb port? "

HoraryMars29914, Aug 9, 2014
  3. FlintyGull79
    FlintyGull79 Guest
    Features that need to be added - Constructive Feedback

Xbox One needs complete TV / Game DVR abilities and functions, CD playback abilities, External 2Terabytes USB 3.0 Hard Drive compatibility and complete support featured!

FlintyGull79, Aug 9, 2014
  4. External Hard Drive Playback Update please?

SilentGamer895, Aug 9, 2014
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Is there a USB key with hundreds of GB? (or more)

You can use external storage on Xbox one, but it must be an external USB 3.0 hard drive. Flash drives are not supported as a storage device - they only work for video playback. The minimum size of HDD is 256GB, there is no upper limit. You can install
    all future games to these hard drives.
  6. SilentGamer895 Win User

7. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

WHY DOESN'T XBOX ONE PLAY MP3?

External USB drive support is scheduled to be added. Has nothing to do with .mp3 playback support. It won't even recognize a USB drive unless you're using it update the system.
  8. FlintyGull79 Win User

Features that need to be added - Constructive Feedback

Xbox One needs complete TV / Game DVR abilities and functions, CD playback abilities, External 2Terabytes USB 3.0 Hard Drive compatibility and complete support featured!
  9. XBF Leo G Win User

Xbox one external hard drive games audio crash

Hello Vash,

Thank you for keeping us updated. There are some instances in which games on an external hard drive do not receive updates. We recommend moving around some of the games on the internal and external hard drives. Since your internal hard drive is full, you
    can move some of them to the external hard drive. Once the internal hard drive has some extra space, we suggest moving some of the games from the external hard drive to the internal. Check to see if those games require any updates. Be sure to let us know the
    results!
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive Playback Update please? - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Adding external hard drive to X Box One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding external hard drive to X Box One X: I have Western Digital Easystore 4TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive. How do I use it with my XBox One X? 394ca710-eae2-4b05-8936-451f9495cad9
  3. PC Games on External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Games on External Hard Drive: Hello, So I have a external usb 3 hard drive which have hooked to computer via USB 3 port and can install games via Steam, Epic, etc just fine.. But try to download a game from microsoft dont get...
  4. External hard drive and game sharing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive and game sharing: So i jave a question and it is, of i buy an external hard drive so i can have more space for games on my xbox can i still game share those games that ive bought digitally and are now stored on the...
  5. External hard drive

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    External hard drive: What external hard drive do you recommend that is around 1tb-2tb and relatively cheap but works and isn't likely to break. ff1f0699-d7aa-4d0d-95c9-8be07b649579
  6. Seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate external hard drive: Hi I have an Seagate xbox external hard drive and the conector to the xbox is broken. can I recover the games and info which is on it. 714fdf50-ad63-4ed9-80a4-dca44548bae1
  7. External Hard drive game recovery, and Format storage device error

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive game recovery, and Format storage device error: I have had a 2 TB seagate external storage device for about a year now, this past Saturday I came back from vacation to my xbox telling me I needed to format my storage device, and saying it was...
  8. Is my XBox One S External Hard Drive going to be compatible with the XBOX One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my XBox One S External Hard Drive going to be compatible with the XBOX One X?: Is my XBox One S External Hard Drive going to be compatible with the XBOX One X? My One S system died after only 2 years so now I am looking to replace it with the One X. We had been using an...
  9. external hard drive issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive issues: So I recently had my xbox die on me, when I purchased a new one i took the old hard drive from my xbox out and put it in a sabrent external harddrive case. however my xbox one x wont notice it so...
  10. External Hard drives not turning off when Xbox One X is off. How to report?

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard drives not turning off when Xbox One X is off. How to report?: Everyone knows (or should know) that unless you have a HDD, or hard drive, specially meant for running 24/7 (a.k.a a RAID/server drive), it shouldn't be constantly running. Obviously, the vast...