External Hard Drive problem

Discus and support External Hard Drive problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am having trouble with the game "Destiny". My xbox 360 hard drive is not large enough to meet the required 20 GB of space necessary for the game.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mattmontalto, Dec 26, 2014.

1. mattmontalto
    mattmontalto Guest

I am having trouble with the game "Destiny". My xbox 360 hard drive is not large enough to meet the required 20 GB of space necessary for the game. However, I have an external usb drive connected and already formatted to be used by xbox 360 games and I
    am not getting prompted by the game to choose a storage device... it seems to only choose the device without enough storage... can anyone tell me if there is a way to make this game choose an alternate storage dewvice... thank you

:)

mattmontalto, Dec 26, 2014
  2. btrips
    btrips Guest
    External hard drive problems

do you have that box checked that says "turn off external devices on standby" or something like that? That might be the issue.

btrips, Dec 26, 2014
  3. External hard drive problems

My WD my book 3tb won't install games while in standby mode but it will if i leave it on. All the games download perfectly on my internal drive through.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

ShadowFantasy21, Dec 26, 2014
  4. Dirty Loco Win User

wow

Use an external hard drive. Next problem?
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Memoria esterna non rilevata e il controller non risponde ai comandi [Translation - External memory is not detected and the controller does not respond to commands]

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persistent on the External Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC?

Does the PC recognize the external hard drive?

Does the external hard drive meet the specifications for the Xbox One?

If the problem persists, I recommend to try a different external hard drive on the Xbox if possible. One thing we want to make sure, Are the ports on the Xbox One functioning?

Let us know.
  6. ApocalypseXpony Win User

My games wont download it keeps saying installation stopped

if you use a External hard drive, I had this same problem and after weeks of frustration figured out the hard drive was causing the problem
  7. Lucian Ferast Win User

Dashboard Background Freezing

Hey, does the problem still occur with an external hard drive/alternate hard drive to the one you have now?
  8. VecaisVaskis Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.
Thema:

1. External Hard Drive problem - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Xbox One S doesn't see newly added files to external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S doesn't see newly added files to external hard drive: Hi everyone! I hope you can help. I added new movies to my external drive (exfat) but media player does not find them. All of my other files in the same folder work, just not new ones added to the...
  3. KESU USB3.0 1tb External Hard Drive Issues on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    KESU USB3.0 1tb External Hard Drive Issues on Xbox One: I recently purchased the KESU USB3.0 1tb external hard drive for my Xbox One. I have the classic big body 500 GB Xbox One. The console easily recognizes this hard drive and even asks me...
  4. Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?: So last update my console said was 3/26/2020 Since then my EHD has failed and now I have to reinstall 3 days worth of game installation. like. I left my house with my xbox off, came home and my...
  5. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: I have the regular Xbox One and while it was on my daughter unplugged the hard drive and so I plugged it back in and it connected no problem. She then unplugged it again and now the xbox won’t...
  6. Xbox one external Hard drive issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one external Hard drive issues.: So over the past few months I've been having issues with my external HD either failing or corrupting and this has happened multiple times. Everytime it happens I have to plug it into my laptop and...
  7. External hard drive will not allow transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive will not allow transfer: I recently purchased a Fantom Drive external hard drive for my Xbox One. Every time I try to transfer from the stock drive the installation stops. Anyone have a fix for this??...
  8. External hard drive disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive disconnecting: So my external hard drive keeps disconnecting. I’ve tried all the ports, I was wondering if this is a power related issue d88a4656-21b3-41c4-9bff-be34c651af5e
  9. Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Will Not Recognize 2 TB External Hard Drive: Hello, I have gone through every trouble shooting step that is online for external storage connections for Xbox One. I have the following hard drive "G-Technology 2TB G-DRIVE mobile USB-C...
  10. "Installation stopped" while downloading and transferring to external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Installation stopped" while downloading and transferring to external hard drive: I recently got a fantom drive for for my one x. When i i to transfer or download straight to the drive the "installation stopped" message pops up. I have tried every known way of reset, format,...