External hard drive problem

Discus and support External hard drive problem in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My external hard drive started not working today all it says when i plug it in is (we see your external storage but the connection is too weak to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ShockwaveZapdos, Sep 22, 2019.

1. External hard drive problem

My external hard drive started not working today all it says when i plug it in is (we see your external storage but the connection is too weak to use)ive tried everything but none of it wored and i dont know if its the cable or the usb ports or what anyone
    have a similar problem that solved it?

:)

ShockwaveZapdos, Sep 22, 2019
  2. voodooworm Win User

Modern warfare

There may be a problem with you Hard drive or external hard drive. Try basic troubleshooting with them.
  3. Gabriel Brz23 Win User

Xbox One Installation Stopped External Hard Drive

the problem May be the external hard drive
  4. Dirty Loco Win User

wow

Use an external hard drive. Next problem?
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Memoria esterna non rilevata e il controller non risponde ai comandi [Translation - External memory is not detected and the controller does not respond to commands]

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persistent on the External Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC?

Does the PC recognize the external hard drive?

Does the external hard drive meet the specifications for the Xbox One?

If the problem persists, I recommend to try a different external hard drive on the Xbox if possible. One thing we want to make sure, Are the ports on the Xbox One functioning?

Let us know.
  6. ApocalypseXpony Win User

My games wont download it keeps saying installation stopped

if you use a External hard drive, I had this same problem and after weeks of frustration figured out the hard drive was causing the problem
Thema:

External hard drive problem

1. External hard drive problem - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: So long story short my xbox died lastweek, minor details its had a long life so got a second hand one as a replacement, all my games are digital and stored on my WD 4TB. When i plugged the hard...
  3. Can an external hard drive be used for an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an external hard drive be used for an Xbox 360?: We have a 4GB 360 need more space I have a Western digital external empty but it is 1.5 TB, I also have a 3 TB fb63a960-1686-4aed-87da-728427423035
  4. xbox seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox seagate external hard drive: so I have been lagging for the past two week then today I hard drive has stopped working no light but when you feel it it is feeling like it is on i have tried everything even used another cable...
  5. Xbox one external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one external hard drive: Hey so I got this 1 TB hard drive that is like WD elements I think and I have had it for two years so it might just be dead but it is still recognized on my computer. I searched it up and got the...
  6. External Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive: What is the best type of external hard drive to use with the xbox one. I purchased a seagate, but after a couple of days it will not work and it does not show on the xbox. I have tried everything...
  7. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?: I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it I can't start any of the games on it. Now...
  8. Xbox External Hard Drive not Functioning Properly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox External Hard Drive not Functioning Properly: I bought an external hard drive for our Xbox, but the games are not loading correctly when we have it plugged in. I have had this drive for over 4 years, and has worked perfectly fine until a...
  9. Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005): When I am attempting to install a game onto my E drive instead of my C drive, I get the following message: This location is not set up for installing games. I then click: Set it as your location...
  10. Seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate external hard drive not working: My seagate external hard drive is plugged into my xbox but my game s that i had on there are now ready to install. It was all fine until i updated my console yesterday to the latest update, now my...