External Hard drive problem

Discus and support External Hard drive problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had this issue for ages. I cannot find any helpful answers on the support pages or the internet, I can't even talk to real agents about this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joe1432, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Joe1432
    Joe1432 Guest

I have had this issue for ages. I cannot find any helpful answers on the support pages or the internet, I can't even talk to real agents about this issue.

So I've had a 1Tb external hard drive for my Xbox one to help with my storage. It worked well for a few months, until I wanted to reformat it to store media such as game clips and screenshots instead of Games and Apps. I did the process on my PC, formatting
    it to NTFS, and yes, it is USB 3.0, So it meets all the requirements, right?

When I plugged it into my Xbox one, I got the pop-up on my screen asking me if I want to format it for Xbox one to store Games and Apps, or just use it for media such as game clips and screenshots. I chose 'use it for media' and then the pop-up went away.
    I noticed that the external hard drive didn't appear under the "Manage storage" section. I then went to game clip settings and I went to change the game clip save location to "External" but there was not an option for it, only "Internal", meaning that my external
    hard drive just is not being read? Even though it came up as an available hard drive to format? I tried plugging it back into my PC and it is still formatted as NTFS and works as normal, I've tried all sorts of resets etc and it still doesn't appear on my
    Xbox.

Please, I've had this issue for so long, any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Joe1432, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Dirty Loco Win User

wow

Use an external hard drive. Next problem?
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Memoria esterna non rilevata e il controller non risponde ai comandi [Translation - External memory is not detected and the controller does not respond to commands]

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persistent on the External Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC?

Does the PC recognize the external hard drive?

Does the external hard drive meet the specifications for the Xbox One?

If the problem persists, I recommend to try a different external hard drive on the Xbox if possible. One thing we want to make sure, Are the ports on the Xbox One functioning?

Let us know.
  4. ApocalypseXpony Win User

My games wont download it keeps saying installation stopped

if you use a External hard drive, I had this same problem and after weeks of frustration figured out the hard drive was causing the problem
  5. Lucian Ferast Win User

Dashboard Background Freezing

Hey, does the problem still occur with an external hard drive/alternate hard drive to the one you have now?
  6. VecaisVaskis Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Hi, sorry for that issue, the problem is the external hard drive, for some reason (I don't know why), the games that require Administrator approval have issue on external drive.
    Thanks for the answer. External hard drive it is not the problem in my case. While trying to find a solution to this Xbox Game pass for PC / Windows Store error I did reinstall Windows 10 on my iMac's internal hard drive. The problem with error 0x8007001f
    persists even when Windows 10 is installed on the internal hard drive.
Thema:

1. External Hard drive problem - Similar Threads - External Hard drive

2. External Storage Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Hard drive: I store all of my games on an external storage hard drive but one day my Xbox stopped recognizing the connection. Does anyone know what to do other than the basic troubleshooting steps (turning...
  3. External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected: Hello This going to be quite a long post so apologises in advance Hope that anyone reading this is having a good day. So I have a bit of a situation with my seagate external hard drive. I was...
  4. My external hard drive causes my Xbox to lose connection to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive causes my Xbox to lose connection to the internet.: I have a original xbox one. Many years ago i had a problem with My Internet. Eventually I got a ethernet cord and plugged it in and I have had no problem since then. Although last Saturday I...
  5. External hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive: My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive. I used the hard drive yesterday and it worked as it should but now my Xbox won’t read it. The light on the hard drive is on indicating it’s working but...
  6. XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: I am trying to use a Samsung SHP-ZA10K 1TB external hard drive for games and apps on a XBOX One console. It is definitely USB 3.0. The XBOX will not recognize the drive unless I use a powered...
  7. Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox had system update last night now it's not recognizing external hard drive: Had a system update last night. Since than it won't recognize my 2 tb xbox seagate external. Still recognizes my ssd. But not my main. Have followed all trouble shooting and tried different ports....
  8. Xbox One S not recognizing External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S not recognizing External Hard Drive: I have an Xbox One S with docking station. I have three hard drives hooked up to it. The Xbox One does not seem to recognize one of the hard drives now. Previously, it recognized all three. I...
  9. The games on my external hard drive all moved to Ready to Install

in XBoX on Consoles
    The games on my external hard drive all moved to Ready to Install: I was able to play my games on my external hard drive yesterday, but then I had to take it out. (I share a console) I tried to plug my HD into the console today and it recognized it. However,...
  10. External hard drive problem on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem on Xbox one: I’m having a problem with an external hard drive that I’ve had for about a year now.Today we had to turn off the electricity in our home. When I turned my Xbox back on, it wasn’t detecting the...