External hard drive problems

Discus and support External hard drive problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got a external hard drive and when I tried to download games on it it installs for a bit then says installation stopped and then external... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by riverrumble7534, Jul 31, 2020 at 8:22 PM.

1. External hard drive problems

I recently got a external hard drive and when I tried to download games on it it installs for a bit then says installation stopped and then external storage ready.this is only a problem for the external hard drive and i have done everything power cycle,
    different ports basically what everyone tells you to but it still doesn't work.

:)

riverrumble7534, Jul 31, 2020 at 8:22 PM
  2. voodooworm Win User

Modern warfare

There may be a problem with you Hard drive or external hard drive. Try basic troubleshooting with them.
  3. Gabriel Brz23 Win User

Xbox One Installation Stopped External Hard Drive

the problem May be the external hard drive
  4. Dirty Loco Win User

wow

Use an external hard drive. Next problem?
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Memoria esterna non rilevata e il controller non risponde ai comandi [Translation - External memory is not detected and the controller does not respond to commands]

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persistent on the External Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC?

Does the PC recognize the external hard drive?

Does the external hard drive meet the specifications for the Xbox One?

If the problem persists, I recommend to try a different external hard drive on the Xbox if possible. One thing we want to make sure, Are the ports on the Xbox One functioning?

Let us know.
  6. ApocalypseXpony Win User

My games wont download it keeps saying installation stopped

if you use a External hard drive, I had this same problem and after weeks of frustration figured out the hard drive was causing the problem
Thema:

External hard drive problems

1. External hard drive problems - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not working: I recently got a external hard drive but I tried to download a game on it and it keeps saying installation stopped i have restarted the console i have changed the ports but it still doesn't work...
  3. External hard drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problems: I recently got a external hard drive and when I tried to download games on it it installs for a bit then says installation stopped and then external storage ready.this is only a problem for the...
  4. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off: Don't take this down submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments]
  5. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off: Help me submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments]
  6. When I'm playing a game on my external hard drive it keeps kicking me out

in XboX Insiders
    When I'm playing a game on my external hard drive it keeps kicking me out: How do I fix this submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox seagate external hard drive 2tb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seagate external hard drive 2tb: I bought a xbox seagate external hard drive 2tb 3.5 in about 3 years ago. I've never had a problem with it till a day ago. I turned on my xbox and went to play one of my games and it said i needed...
  8. External Hard Drive not detected.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive not detected.: After finishing the latest console update and the xbox resetting, I noticed I went from 48 games to 4. My xbox does not detect my 3 month old Gears 5 2TB Seagate Hard Drive. I never had any issues...
  9. What's a good size and make of an external hard drive for xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's a good size and make of an external hard drive for xbox one?: Hey all, My Xbox one is running out of space for new games and I don't want to keep removing games. I was looking at getting an external hard drive to plug into my Xbox but I don't know what...
  10. My xbox one isnt reading my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one isnt reading my external hard drive: I have a 2 TB game drive for my Xbox one s and it decided not too read it today. I've tried different ports on the Xbox and I plugged the drive into my computer just too see if it reads it (which...