External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

Discus and support External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One). in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FrankNicolosi1, Oct 23, 2019.

1. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games downloaded on the internal hard drive?

:)

FrankNicolosi1, Oct 23, 2019
  2. iareBRENDEN Win User

External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

As Drifter said it's an activity light for the HDD so totally normal. It doesn't blink for the internal HDD because the light is only for when the external drive is spooled up.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

That light is called an activity light and it blinks whenever the hard drive is being accessed. yes it is normal.
  4. Auswulf Win User

HELP! Xbox One Doesn't Recognize External Hard Drive Anymore!

Is the hard drive on and making the usual sounds it does when it loads? Is the Led blinking? Could be a dodgy hard drive. I used to have issues with Seagate hard drives before and from personal experience they are unreliable and poor quality. Do you have
    a spare external hard drive lying around? Plug that one in and see if it works. It will rule out whether it is a hard drive issue or an Xbox issue.
  5. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Xbox one x potential.

I'm using a 4tb Seagate external hard drive
  6. DirtLegLover Win User

Try Another USB port or cable

Same problem here. My Seagate external hard drive blinks for about 5 seconds and then just stops then I get the 'we see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use' error. It does this on two different xbox ones. Ive swapped out ports, unplugged
    everything, restarted the console. The hard drive works just fine and the blue light stays on when I plug it into my pc. Any solutions here?? and yes my external hard drive plugs into the wall and has a cord that plugs into the usb port.
Thema:

1. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One). - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. My external hard drive is not turning off. Does any have thisproblem or just my console?...

in XboX Insiders
    My external hard drive is not turning off. Does any have thisproblem or just my console?...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Deadmandoom963 [link] [comments]
  3. External hard drive

in XboX Networking Hardware
    External hard drive: External hard drive Hi, Gibby here! I have no current knowledge or experience on this subject matter, and I am horribly sorry to hear about this problem affecting you.. Here is the Xbox support...
  4. External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles: Tryibg to let my son use my hard drive. But when i plug the hard drive into his xbox it will detect and not show any games or let us transfer games. My account is on both xboxes. How am i to let...
  5. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....
  6. External Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive: My external will not download games and will not load games that are downloaded on the hard drive. This has been going on for more than a month and I need to fix it because it is driving me crazy....
  7. External hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive: My external hard drive is connected and it pops up and says that it is connected but non of the games i have installed on it show up and i cant instal any thing else to it it shows that it is...
  8. Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Spontaneously stopped recognizing the external hard drive: I have the xbox approved Seagate 2 tb external hard drive for my xbox one x. I have had it for 13 months. The xbox suddenly stopped recognizing the hard drive. I switched and tried all three usb...
  9. Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one won’t read 3TB external hard drive: I have a 3TB external hard drive that I’ve been using for that past and a half. It has worked great up until this point, the xbox started randomly not reading it and I have tried every solution...
  10. External Hard Drive not booting up when used with Instant On standby mode.

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard Drive not booting up when used with Instant On standby mode.: Not sure if this is linked to the Preview Program or not but I thought I'd start here first. Recently my Xbox has not been booting up the external hard drive when I turn it on from standby mode...