External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

Discus and support External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One). in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FrankNicolosi1, Oct 23, 2019.

1. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games downloaded on the internal hard drive?

:)

FrankNicolosi1, Oct 23, 2019
  2. iareBRENDEN Win User

External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

As Drifter said it's an activity light for the HDD so totally normal. It doesn't blink for the internal HDD because the light is only for when the external drive is spooled up.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

That light is called an activity light and it blinks whenever the hard drive is being accessed. yes it is normal.
  4. Auswulf Win User

HELP! Xbox One Doesn't Recognize External Hard Drive Anymore!

Is the hard drive on and making the usual sounds it does when it loads? Is the Led blinking? Could be a dodgy hard drive. I used to have issues with Seagate hard drives before and from personal experience they are unreliable and poor quality. Do you have
    a spare external hard drive lying around? Plug that one in and see if it works. It will rule out whether it is a hard drive issue or an Xbox issue.
  5. WPAK Win User

My External hard drive isn't working

Hi there,

you said, you ran Diagnostics, was that Windows diagnostics or a tool specifically from the external hard drive brand itself?

If it's a Seagate drive then you can find tools here:
    https://www.seagate.com/nl/nl/support/kb/seagate-usb-external-drive-diagnostics-006153en/

Also be sure to try and see if there is a different behavior when the game is installed on the Xbox One's hard drive, to determine if it's console related or not. (Make sure the external hdd is disconnected at the time when you try and start the game)

Let us know the results
  6. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Xbox one x potential.

I'm using a 4tb Seagate external hard drive
Thema:

1. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One). - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. Can an external hard drive be used for an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an external hard drive be used for an Xbox 360?: We have a 4GB 360 need more space I have a Western digital external empty but it is 1.5 TB, I also have a 3 TB fb63a960-1686-4aed-87da-728427423035
  3. xbox seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox seagate external hard drive: so I have been lagging for the past two week then today I hard drive has stopped working no light but when you feel it it is feeling like it is on i have tried everything even used another cable...
  4. Xbox one external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one external hard drive: Hey so I got this 1 TB hard drive that is like WD elements I think and I have had it for two years so it might just be dead but it is still recognized on my computer. I searched it up and got the...
  5. External Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive: What is the best type of external hard drive to use with the xbox one. I purchased a seagate, but after a couple of days it will not work and it does not show on the xbox. I have tried everything...
  6. Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone having any issues with the latest update not reading external hard drives?: I've just turned on the console and it's not reading the external hard drive straight away, it takes maybe 2/3 minutes to see it and once it's seen it I can't start any of the games on it. Now...
  7. Xbox External Hard Drive not Functioning Properly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox External Hard Drive not Functioning Properly: I bought an external hard drive for our Xbox, but the games are not loading correctly when we have it plugged in. I have had this drive for over 4 years, and has worked perfectly fine until a...
  8. Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005): When I am attempting to install a game onto my E drive instead of my C drive, I get the following message: This location is not set up for installing games. I then click: Set it as your location...
  9. Seagate external hard drive not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate external hard drive not working: My seagate external hard drive is plugged into my xbox but my game s that i had on there are now ready to install. It was all fine until i updated my console yesterday to the latest update, now my...
  10. Can a corrupt game corrupt my external hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can a corrupt game corrupt my external hard drive?: I think Modern Warfare got corrupted, and when it did i went to uninstall/reinstall it and it wouldn’t download on my external. But, ever since my external has been on the fritz. It doesnt turn on...