External hard drive will not allow transfer

Discus and support External hard drive will not allow transfer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Fantom Drive external hard drive for my Xbox One. Every time I try to transfer from the stock drive the installation stops.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GregPixler, Mar 25, 2020.

1. GregPixler
    GregPixler Guest

I recently purchased a Fantom Drive external hard drive for my Xbox One. Every time I try to transfer from the stock drive the installation stops. Anyone have a fix for this??

:)

GregPixler, Mar 25, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Greg,

Thanks for reaching to the forums. We understand having issues with an external hard drive. Are you able to install directly to the external drive? Have you made sure the hard drive is formatted? Here is a guide for

troubleshooting external hard drive

Thanks,

Brad
  3. The Viral Cyrix Win User

12 Games? Really?

Games need to be installed to the hard drive because the Blu-ray drive doesn't read and transfer the game data fast enough. Installing it to the hard drive allows that to increase load times .

I would suggest purchasing an external harddrive
  4. dlCHIEF58 Win User

My 500GB HDD (not Slim) Reads Only 39GB After Format. What Am I Doing Wrong?

If you are using this as an external storage (as the 500GB is not officially supported for the original fat 360 model), then the maximum allowed partition for any drive is 32GB. The cable is meant only for transferring files from an old hard drive to a new
    one, not for using as an external drive. External drive support on the 360 is limited to 2 devices of 32GB maximum on each device - any additional space on a hard drive or flash drive is wasted.
  5. Differgent Win User

Marvel heroes omega will not delete. It's been forever!

If you have an external hard drive transfer the game over, then delete it off of the external drive.
  6. callumewingewing Win User

Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

The external hard drive was around 20% full. After the I formatted the external hard drive it went down to 0% as everything was uninstalled. Thing is i tried transfering Battlefield 1 from the internal hard drive to the now empty external hard drive and
    it started transferring. Battlefield 1 was one of the games that just stopped installing/transferring when i wanted to move from the internal to the external hard drive so i might of fixed the problem. Now i am just concerned that the games that were uninstalled
    will not have anyting saved and i will have lost everything.
Thema:

1. External hard drive will not allow transfer - Similar Threads - External hard drive

2. External Hard Drive for XBOX 1s

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive for XBOX 1s: Like most people, decided to get an external drive to store more games. My issue is I have two xbox 1s, one in florida, other in NH. Both are under my id, etc. My question is whether just one...
  3. External Hard Drive Sounds Like Its On But Not Showing Up

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Sounds Like Its On But Not Showing Up: So basically i moved my xbox without unplugging the drive and it stopped appearing but still turned on when plugged into my pc and all USB ports on my xbox. e90472fb-cebb-4600-839f-8ff2a46ef84e
  4. Can I replace my Xbox One's internal hard drive with an external one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I replace my Xbox One's internal hard drive with an external one?: See previous post here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-2014-gone-into-meltdown-overnight-please/a56b68f8-b432-4237-9349-8e7630318085 I believe the internal hard drive...
  5. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 955ce346-4413-4b2e-8101-dfea4e4c20b4
  6. External Hard Drive not updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive not updating: Games installed on my external harddrive, or being transferred between the console and harddrive will not complete the action. Frequent installation stopped messages. I am using a 4TB Fantom...
  7. Xbox One S doesn't see newly added files to external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S doesn't see newly added files to external hard drive: Hi everyone! I hope you can help. I added new movies to my external drive (exfat) but media player does not find them. All of my other files in the same folder work, just not new ones added to the...
  8. KESU USB3.0 1tb External Hard Drive Issues on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    KESU USB3.0 1tb External Hard Drive Issues on Xbox One: I recently purchased the KESU USB3.0 1tb external hard drive for my Xbox One. I have the classic big body 500 GB Xbox One. The console easily recognizes this hard drive and even asks me...
  9. Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Update - External Hard Drive Fail?: So last update my console said was 3/26/2020 Since then my EHD has failed and now I have to reinstall 3 days worth of game installation. like. I left my house with my xbox off, came home and my...
  10. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: I have the regular Xbox One and while it was on my daughter unplugged the hard drive and so I plugged it back in and it connected no problem. She then unplugged it again and now the xbox won’t...