External Hard Drive

Discus and support External Hard Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I share a flat with 4 people and two of us share the xbox in the living room. We both have our own external hard drives to save our games on but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FraFra24, Aug 29, 2019.

1. FraFra24
    FraFra24 Guest

External Hard Drive

Hello, I share a flat with 4 people and two of us share the xbox in the living room. We both have our own external hard drives to save our games on but I am worried that if I set the default download to my hard drive that his games will start downloading
    there as well. Is there a way to split the default download by which profile is signed in?

Thank you.

:)

FraFra24, Aug 29, 2019
  2. The Leuter 10 Win User

Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

No, the 500gb is a joke. you will 100% need either an external hard drive or to buy the larger 1tb hard drive. External hard drives are just the cheaper option.
  3. Lady ll N lK Win User

Requires a hard drive.

You have to have an external hard drive plug in. It does not have to be 360 just reformat it. External hard drives that plug in the USB are not recognized as a hard drive for the 360.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Hard drive wont be recognized by Xbox one

Hi there Th3Pr0d1GY205

What is the size of the external hard drive? and Is the external hard drive powered by console or powered by an outlet?.
  5. EightBasil56474 Win User

Corrupted game file

Can you try putting the game on an external Hard drive (USB3.0 and at least 256GB) to see if it's a hard drive issue?
    The thing is I don't have an external hard drive and they cost like 70 bucks. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it without the external hard drive.
  6. Peachy900757 Win User

Xbox unable to load games at all :(

If you have an external hard drive could you try deleting a game and installing it directly to the console's hard drive to rule out issues with the external drive itself?
    I am not using a external drive :(
Thema:

External Hard Drive

1. External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. Is it possible for an external hard drive to lock up the Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible for an external hard drive to lock up the Xbox?: I think mine is dying (it was working perfectly fine all day until a few hours ago) and the Xbox is barely working because of it. It stopped recognizing it but now it recognized it for a bit and...
  3. My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox doesnt recognize my external hard drive: I just bought a 3.0 hard drive with a capacity of 2 tb, but my Xbox One doesn't recognize it. ¿What can I do to make it work? 7ec19c3d-fdea-4369-bff3-cd78851ade59
  4. external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive: Today's update killed my external hard drive and now the console won't even read it. [Mod Removed - Profanity] do i do 7512d84d-ea13-492a-8fc7-82d674975b44
  5. External Hard Drive Attached to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Attached to Xbox One: I can not get my Xbox One to recognize an external hard drive even after doing a low level format with NTFS! The Xbox keeps throwing the error that the drive is NOT formatted! I formatted the...
  6. External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc

in XBoX on Windows
    External hard drive from a xbox one to a gaming desktop pc: I have an 1tb external hard drive for my xbox one. I was wondering if I can use that on my gaming desktop pc. I need more room on my desktop and don't need the external drive for the xbox one...
  7. external hard drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    external hard drive: I connected my external hard drive from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox one x. when i turn the Xbox on it reads the drive as empty But when i access the drive the games are listed, when i go to play the...
  8. Some games won't install on external hard drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some games won't install on external hard drive.: Hey there, Recently, I've been having some trouble installing some games on my external hard drive. It's a Seagate 8TB and it's being strictly used on my Xbox One X. The issue first occurred when...
  9. External hard drive missing after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive missing after update: August update 8/30/19. Today xbox one x updated and my external hard drive is not recognize anymore? I have un plugged trying other ports, multiple restarts of the hard drive and xbox, this sucks...
  10. Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game: I was copying a game from an Xbox but had to unplug the hard drive midway to take it somewhere. Without canceling the copy process, I attempted to download the game onto the hard drive, but from a...