external hard drive

Discus and support external hard drive in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I connected my external hard drive from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox one x. when i turn the Xbox on it reads the drive as empty But when i access the drive... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MUNKALUMP, Sep 9, 2019.

1. MUNKALUMP
    MUNKALUMP Guest

external hard drive

I connected my external hard drive from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox one x. when i turn the Xbox on it reads the drive as empty But when i access the drive the games are listed, when i go to play the backwards compatible game it says that i need to install it
    onto the internal hard drive

:)

MUNKALUMP, Sep 9, 2019
  2. The Leuter 10 Win User

Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

No, the 500gb is a joke. you will 100% need either an external hard drive or to buy the larger 1tb hard drive. External hard drives are just the cheaper option.
  3. Lady ll N lK Win User

Requires a hard drive.

You have to have an external hard drive plug in. It does not have to be 360 just reformat it. External hard drives that plug in the USB are not recognized as a hard drive for the 360.
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Hard drive wont be recognized by Xbox one

Hi there Th3Pr0d1GY205

What is the size of the external hard drive? and Is the external hard drive powered by console or powered by an outlet?.
  5. EightBasil56474 Win User

Corrupted game file

Can you try putting the game on an external Hard drive (USB3.0 and at least 256GB) to see if it's a hard drive issue?
    The thing is I don't have an external hard drive and they cost like 70 bucks. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it without the external hard drive.
  6. Peachy900757 Win User

Xbox unable to load games at all :(

If you have an external hard drive could you try deleting a game and installing it directly to the console's hard drive to rule out issues with the external drive itself?
    I am not using a external drive :(
Thema:

external hard drive

1. external hard drive - Similar Threads - external hard drive

2. Xbox Update and External Hard drive problen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Update and External Hard drive problen: Hello everyone, a few days ago, I ran across a problem which I believe started with the Update on Oct 10. It began when "Events (Beta)" had stopped and failed to install, I did a number of...
  3. Is it safe to leave a seagate external hard drive plugged in all the time(Xbox One)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it safe to leave a seagate external hard drive plugged in all the time(Xbox One)?: Just recently bought one, was just wondering if it is okay to leave my 2tb external hard drive plugged in all the time? 4ccd6009-787e-45ea-852f-c43b4af7c585
  4. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: When I try to copy or move Grand Theft Auto 5 to my external hard drive it only comes to 0,7% and then stops. Please help 533516b7-5127-4fc4-802b-a322608bbe5e
  5. External hard drive detection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive detection problems: Hello i have been trying to format my 1tb external hard drive to my xbox one with no luck. Ive made sure i have all the requirements but everytime i go to check my storage on settings app the app...
  6. Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One controller won't interact with Xbox with external hard drive plugged in.: I have been having problems with my Xbox one wireless controller and the external hard drive. I have figured (out after a long and painful process) that when the EHD is plugged in, the wireless...
  7. External Hard Drive — Instant On

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard Drive — Instant On: My external WD 8tb drive wants to spin up then down every minute on the dot. This has been happening for some time now I assume, since the previous WD 6tb died on me and it wasn't even a couple...
  8. Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Frequently Not Recognizing Healthy External Hard Drives, and Now...: And now, my Xbox is somehow installing Halo 5 Guardians, again. As soon as I put the disk in, it started installing. I assume there is a way to prevent it from making an immediate install of a...
  9. My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t read my external hard drive: I had been using an external hard drive for the past couple of years but today i woke up and the xbox wasnt reading the hard drive i restarted the console and plugged the hard drive to my computer...
  10. External hard drive problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive problem: My external hard drive started not working today all it says when i plug it in is (we see your external storage but the connection is too weak to use)ive tried everything but none of it wored and...