External Hard Drive

Discus and support External Hard Drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently my Xbox One S stopped detecting my external hard drive from WD, so I did everthing the support page said to including everthing from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NathanMeliza, Apr 6, 2021.

1. NathanMeliza
    NathanMeliza Guest

External Hard Drive

So recently my Xbox One S stopped detecting my external hard drive from WD, so I did everthing the support page said to including everthing from switching to a diffrent outlet to factory reseting the Xbox and nothing worked. So is it time to replace one of them or is there something im missing?

:)

NathanMeliza, Apr 6, 2021
  2. AngelObullets Win User

Xbox One X restarts randomly when playing back video, or messing with settings.

Hi there PoiZoN DiNoZaUR

Is the saves on the external hard drive or is the videos on the external hard drive?.
  3. The Leuter 10 Win User

Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

No, the 500gb is a joke. you will 100% need either an external hard drive or to buy the larger 1tb hard drive. External hard drives are just the cheaper option.
  4. Lady ll N lK Win User

Requires a hard drive.

You have to have an external hard drive plug in. It does not have to be 360 just reformat it. External hard drives that plug in the USB are not recognized as a hard drive for the 360.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Hard drive wont be recognized by Xbox one

Hi there Th3Pr0d1GY205

What is the size of the external hard drive? and Is the external hard drive powered by console or powered by an outlet?.
  6. EightBasil56474 Win User

Corrupted game file

Can you try putting the game on an external Hard drive (USB3.0 and at least 256GB) to see if it's a hard drive issue?
    The thing is I don't have an external hard drive and they cost like 70 bucks. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it without the external hard drive.
Thema:

External Hard Drive

1. External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - External Hard Drive

2. External hard drive problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem.: My external hard drive is not showing in my storage devices. I’ve had it about 2 years, never had any problems. I’ve tried resets and plugged in to another xbox, with no luck. How do i know if...
  3. External Hard Drive not working with Xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    External Hard Drive not working with Xbox series x: I recently got a “Seagate Game Drive 4TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD - Designed For Xbox One” for my Xbox series x and expected it to work, but that wasn’t the case. From what I understand...
  4. Updating Xbox, do I need to reinstall everything on my external hard-drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updating Xbox, do I need to reinstall everything on my external hard-drive?: I have the the previous generation Xbox One and have all of my games stored on an external hard drive. Will I need to reinstall all my games onto the hard drive if I update my xBox, or can I just...
  5. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: I sold somebody my external hard drive but i couldnt delete the storage on it since my xbox died, was that a stupid plan 555ef4ca-a1d4-4ea9-85fc-b68f9296a98b
  6. Xbox app doesn't download games on one of my external hard drives

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app doesn't download games on one of my external hard drives: I have installed the xbox app, with game pass, and have been using it with great results for a while now. However, recently an unexpected problem popped up. When i try to install any game on one...
  7. External hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem: I'm having a problem with a hard drive that I've had for a while, One day its working fine and the next day its not. For some reason, it will connect and show installed games but when I try and...
  8. External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: I’ve recently bought an external hard drive for my xbox one s. The hard drive meets all the requirements; 500gb and usb 3.0. The xbox detects the hard drive and I’ve been able to transfer games...
  9. Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox: Hi, this has been an issue for over a year now since i first downloaded Kingdom Hearts 3 and Untitled Goose Game from the gamepass onto my external hard drive. Ive never had an issue downloading...
  10. External hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problem: Hi have a new external storage for the xbox one.When I go to copy game over the "move" or "copy" button is greyed out? any ideas why? It's driving me crazy,any help greatfully appreciated :)...