External Hard Drives for the Xbox One

Discus and support External Hard Drives for the Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a question for those who are smarter at this than I am. I have one of the original Xbox One systems. To be precise, when HALO came out, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by InfGrunt90, May 14, 2019 at 9:03 AM.

1. InfGrunt90
    InfGrunt90 Guest

I have a question for those who are smarter at this than I am.

I have one of the original Xbox One systems. To be precise, when HALO came out, I purchased the Xbox One Master Chief Edition.
    I watched a video that showed I can attach an external case on the side of the Xbox that will hold a 2.5 inch hard drive with a capacity of 2TB.
    That same video stated you can put a case on top of the Xbox that will hold a 3.5 inch hard drive with a capacity of 4TB.

My question is a simple one. Can I put a larger capacity hard drive into either of those cases?

:)

2. Lofty Who Win User

Running out of HDD Space - Coming to an Xbox One, Near You Soon?

3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Memoria esterna non rilevata e il controller non risponde ai comandi [Translation - External memory is not detected and the controller does not respond to commands]

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persistent on the External Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC?

Does the PC recognize the external hard drive?

Does the external hard drive meet the specifications for the Xbox One?

If the problem persists, I recommend to try a different external hard drive on the Xbox if possible. One thing we want to make sure, Are the ports on the Xbox One functioning?

Let us know.
  4. {james_lachlan_rober Win User

hard drive

As an idea for xbox one hard drives because they are internal and not external try plugging in an external drive to save or transfer all important games to external hard drive and leave not so important games onto internal drive
    that way you can take them anywhere and not have hard drive failures with xbox one.
  5. FullHornet Win User

TESO

Are you running it off of the hard drive on the Xbox One or an external one? If you are playing off of the internal drive on the Xbox One then you may want to get an external for it because that is a known issue as far as the Xbox One hard drive and this
    game.
  6. B.M.Garrett Win User

Xbox One Hard Drive

Thema:

1. External Hard Drives for the Xbox One - Similar Threads - External Hard Drives

2. My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.: Recently after installing Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and the pre sequel on to my external hard drive (which is a 2 TB Seagate with the Xbox logo) my xbox one runs in to an issue where while it is...
  3. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm having the same exact issue that this person posted in this thread that was started a month ago that was for some reason considered "old" and then locked with no resolution: The external HDD...
  4. External Hard drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drives: Hey all just wanted to Share a little knowledge on how to speed things up beyond Fast Internet. External hard drives are the way to go I am using a 3.5 internal in a enclosure and works great for...
  5. xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...: Ciao, posseggo un Seagate drive esterno da 2 tb da poco tempo.. avevo installato un paio di giochi da pochi gb e fin lì tutto bene, in questi giorni stavo facendo il download di the witcher 3 e...
  6. External Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive: I’m attempting to install my brand new 1tb external hard drive, and my Xbox One S is having no luck detecting it. So far, I have been through all the suggestions on the help site with no luck. Any...
  7. External Hard Drive making controller react slower.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive making controller react slower.: Been playing on my xbox forever now and i have had the external hard drive for months and an issue like this has never happened. I got up today and turned on my xbox and my hard drive wasnt...
  8. External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive: I have a 1 TB External Hard Drive that has existing files on it. (ie pictures, documents etc.) Wanting to use it XBOX One S additional storage. I understand the console will want to Format the...
  9. my xbox recognize my external hard drive as media only

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox recognize my external hard drive as media only: i formatted it to NTFS i allocated it and formatted it in every way possible nothing but media i cant see the option to format it to apps/games i need any help possible...
  10. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: The external HDD (Seagate STDT3000300 BACKUP PLUS Desktop 3TB, USB3.0, 3.5 inch external drive, powered by external power) of my Xbox One keeps spinning up for a few seconds then spinning down...