External Hard drives

Discus and support External Hard drives in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all just wanted to Share a little knowledge on how to speed things up beyond Fast Internet. External hard drives are the way to go I am using a 3.5... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AoX Surfcat, May 3, 2019.

1. AoX Surfcat
    AoX Surfcat Guest

External Hard drives

Hey all just wanted to Share a little knowledge on how to speed things up beyond Fast Internet. External hard drives are the way to go I am using a 3.5 internal in a enclosure and works great for load in/out times.

:)

AoX Surfcat, May 3, 2019
  2. The Leuter 10 Win User

Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

No, the 500gb is a joke. you will 100% need either an external hard drive or to buy the larger 1tb hard drive. External hard drives are just the cheaper option.
  3. Lady ll N lK Win User

Requires a hard drive.

You have to have an external hard drive plug in. It does not have to be 360 just reformat it. External hard drives that plug in the USB are not recognized as a hard drive for the 360.
  4. EightBasil56474 Win User

Corrupted game file

Can you try putting the game on an external Hard drive (USB3.0 and at least 256GB) to see if it's a hard drive issue?
    The thing is I don't have an external hard drive and they cost like 70 bucks. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it without the external hard drive.
  5. Peachy900757 Win User

Xbox unable to load games at all :(

If you have an external hard drive could you try deleting a game and installing it directly to the console's hard drive to rule out issues with the external drive itself?
    I am not using a external drive :(
  6. One Pint Johnny Win User

Tv configuration App Not working

Having the same issues. Could be something to do with the external hard drive maybe, not had time to troubleshoot yet though.

Some ideas to try maybe?

1. Make the Xbox One drive the primary drive, while the external drive is still plugged in

2. Try with the external hard drive unplugged

No idea if this will make a difference, but this issue only started for me since I got an external drive. Unless others are having the same issue with no external hard drive?
Thema:

External Hard drives

1. External Hard drives - Similar Threads - External Hard drives

2. Xbox service to copy games onto new external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox service to copy games onto new external hard drive: My external hard drive that I used to store my Xbox One games stop working and I am going to replace it. My question is there a Xbox service where I can send Microsoft my external hard drive and...
  3. Xbox one wont recognize external hard drive anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wont recognize external hard drive anymore.: A while back, (6 months maybe), my xbox started displaying an error message "external storage detected but usb signal is too weak, please make sure its the correct type of usb cable"... I had been...
  4. External hard drive question time!.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive question time!.: I am using 1TB external drive for games and 4TB for video. And have no problems at all. Last 2 years. But good idea from your side :) keep it up f8efca78-c04d-4739-a77c-d4f4675e29c6
  5. My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.: Recently after installing Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and the pre sequel on to my external hard drive (which is a 2 TB Seagate with the Xbox logo) my xbox one runs in to an issue where while it is...
  6. External Hard Drives for the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drives for the Xbox One: I have a question for those who are smarter at this than I am. I have one of the original Xbox One systems. To be precise, when HALO came out, I purchased the Xbox One Master Chief Edition. I...
  7. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm having the same exact issue that this person posted in this thread that was started a month ago that was for some reason considered "old" and then locked with no resolution: The external HDD...
  8. xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...: Ciao, posseggo un Seagate drive esterno da 2 tb da poco tempo.. avevo installato un paio di giochi da pochi gb e fin lì tutto bene, in questi giorni stavo facendo il download di the witcher 3 e...
  9. External Hard Drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External Hard Drive: I’m attempting to install my brand new 1tb external hard drive, and my Xbox One S is having no luck detecting it. So far, I have been through all the suggestions on the help site with no luck. Any...
  10. External Hard Drive making controller react slower.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive making controller react slower.: Been playing on my xbox forever now and i have had the external hard drive for months and an issue like this has never happened. I got up today and turned on my xbox and my hard drive wasnt...