External Hard drives

Discus and support External Hard drives in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all just wanted to Share a little knowledge on how to speed things up beyond Fast Internet. External hard drives are the way to go I am using a 3.5... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AoX Surfcat, May 3, 2019.

1. AoX Surfcat
    AoX Surfcat Guest

External Hard drives

Hey all just wanted to Share a little knowledge on how to speed things up beyond Fast Internet. External hard drives are the way to go I am using a 3.5 internal in a enclosure and works great for load in/out times.

:)

AoX Surfcat, May 3, 2019
  2. The Leuter 10 Win User

Which Xbox One Should I Get- 500gb or 1tb

No, the 500gb is a joke. you will 100% need either an external hard drive or to buy the larger 1tb hard drive. External hard drives are just the cheaper option.
  3. Lady ll N lK Win User

Requires a hard drive.

You have to have an external hard drive plug in. It does not have to be 360 just reformat it. External hard drives that plug in the USB are not recognized as a hard drive for the 360.
  4. EightBasil56474 Win User

Corrupted game file

Can you try putting the game on an external Hard drive (USB3.0 and at least 256GB) to see if it's a hard drive issue?
    The thing is I don't have an external hard drive and they cost like 70 bucks. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it without the external hard drive.
  5. Peachy900757 Win User

Xbox unable to load games at all :(

If you have an external hard drive could you try deleting a game and installing it directly to the console's hard drive to rule out issues with the external drive itself?
    I am not using a external drive :(
  6. One Pint Johnny Win User

Tv configuration App Not working

Having the same issues. Could be something to do with the external hard drive maybe, not had time to troubleshoot yet though.

Some ideas to try maybe?

1. Make the Xbox One drive the primary drive, while the external drive is still plugged in

2. Try with the external hard drive unplugged

No idea if this will make a difference, but this issue only started for me since I got an external drive. Unless others are having the same issue with no external hard drive?
Thema:

External Hard drives

1. External Hard drives - Similar Threads - External Hard drives

2. External hard drives

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drives: I have an extra hard drive that went plugged in. It says. 2 week to connect. Does anybody know how to fix this? dbbec804-7d79-48ce-ac49-e268a9cea063
  3. Updating Installed Games on an External Hard Drive for Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    Updating Installed Games on an External Hard Drive for Xbox One: Kind of an unusual situation, but I live rural and so my data per month is somewhat limited. A large game update can take up a huge chunk of my available bandwidth for a given month, nevermind a...
  4. External Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive: Hello All, I recently bought a second xbox one so that me and someone else can play online games together. I attached my external hard drive to my previous xbox and copied a game onto that...
  5. Need help with external hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with external hard drive.: Bought a Seagate 2tb hard drive. I've formatted and currently using it on my xbox one to play games. For some apparent reason it isnt letting me download games it says to download on to xbox. I...
  6. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

in XboX Insiders
    The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive: On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive wasn’t being picked up by the Xbox so I thought...
  7. So is there any official word on the issue with the external hard drive not working with...

in XboX Insiders
    So is there any official word on the issue with the external hard drive not working with...: The Xbox doesn’t even recognize that it’s connected anymore. I have no idea on how to fix this submitted by /u/catsnbikess [link] [comments]
  8. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  9. Seagate 2tb external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 2tb external hard drive: Hi all, i bought a 2tb usb 3.0 external hard drive and my xbox won't detect it i've tried all the trouble shooting tips and still nothing! Anyone have any ideas tia...
  10. External hard drive issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive issue: My external drive isn't being recognized anymore by my OG Xbox, I've already tried some things to diagnose it and my PC will read it for a minute or two. I've heard the last step is to reformat it...