External HardDrive not working!!

Discus and support External HardDrive not working!! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello. I bought a 2tb external hard drive yesterday but it's not working when it's plugged into my Xbox. Why is this?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SamWashington1, Feb 23, 2019.

1. External HardDrive not working!!

Hello. I bought a 2tb external hard drive yesterday but it's not working when it's plugged into my Xbox. Why is this?

:)

SamWashington1, Feb 23, 2019
  2. BUZZIN 420 HD Win User

Error Code 0x87de2726

Now I'm not sure this will work for everyone but what i did was moved game from External harddrive to internal and it plays now. Then i just moved it back to my external harddrive.
  3. KryptekPrecision Win User

Hello Sam! Make sure that your console is updated. After ensuring it's updated, power cycle your console but holding the power button up to 10 seconds. After turning your Xbox back on, go to your storage setting and make sure the device is recognized by
    the console. Let me know if it works after this
  4. choppyseize Win User

Also try a few different ports. I use the one on the back of the console.
  5. KryptekPrecision Win User

Glad to hear the solution helped you out. Have fun gaming!
  6. BUZZIN 420 HD Win User

Error code 0x87de2726

Ok now. I just moved it from my external harddrive to my internal and it works now.
Thema:

1. External HardDrive not working!! - Similar Threads - External HardDrive working

2. Xbox One S External Harddrive Power Surging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S External Harddrive Power Surging: Hi, my 2tb external harddrive for my xbox one s turns off xbox off whenever plugged in. Seems to be surging power from my xbox. When plugged in before xbox is turned on, my xbox doesnt get to the...
  3. Xbox one external harddrive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one external harddrive: 3 years ago before I sold my xbox one I downloaded all my digital content to an external harddrive. If I buy the most recent xbox will I be able to plug in that external drive and resume gameplay...
  4. External harddrive is making Xbox one freezer or not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    External harddrive is making Xbox one freezer or not work: Had not been on xbox one in while, turned it on and it had to start up from the xbox screen. It took ages to load, then was just a blank screen that i could hold down my xbox button on the...
  5. Xbox Seagate External Harddrive issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Seagate External Harddrive issue?: Hey everyone, I need some help with trying to fix my harddrive. For some reason when I bought it from one of my local Walmarts. I came home and plugged it in my original xbox one console and I...
  6. Can I use an external harddrive to run my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use an external harddrive to run my xbox?: So In my 500gb Xbox One X, I'm pretty certain the harddrive inside it is corrupted, Ive had many problems with it. I am out of warranty with it and I was wondering if there was a way to like.. run...
  7. External Harddrive error

in XboX Insiders
    External Harddrive error: since the new update, the Console don't find the Hard-Drive at start, it Needs 10 minutes to activate the HDD. And even If the Console find the HDD, No games installed in the HDD can be played....
  8. Instant On - external harddrive spinning up every two minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant On - external harddrive spinning up every two minutes: My Xbox One X is set to Instant On. Every two mintues the external USB hard drive will spin up and then go off again. Its consistently every two minutes - even when I I have the option ticked to...
  9. External harddrive no longer working

in XboX Insiders
    External harddrive no longer working: Anyone having issues with their external harddrive on Skip Ahead? I was playing fine last night and today I turned on my xbox today and had to uninstall some games to make room for new Destiny...
  10. Kinect Stopped working, and my external Harddrive stop being accessible.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Stopped working, and my external Harddrive stop being accessible.: So Fire up my xbox, noticed the kinect stopped working.. I did everything to try and get it to work. did all the ridiculous power cycling, unplugging everything for a day. Did a seance with...