External HD connection issues

Discus and support External HD connection issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is anyone having trouble with the newest update in the Xbox Insider Program concerning connecting to external harddrives? I am on the Omega build... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bac2school, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Bac2school
    Bac2school Guest

Is anyone having trouble with the newest update in the Xbox Insider Program concerning connecting to external harddrives? I am on the Omega build currently, and I am trying to determine if my issues are hardware or software related.

Thanks.

:)

Bac2school, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Bac2school Win User

Thanks, it may just be my hardware. Still have a day one edition xbox one with an external drive I bought at the same time. Just didn’t have any issues until a few days ago after an update, so I assumed it may be software related. I’ll wait and see.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Bac2school,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your external hard drive is not being detected by your console. The

Xbox Insider Program
    could be the cause of the issue. The best way to find out if this is a known issue with the Xbox Insider Program is to reach out to our insider team through the

Xbox Insider subreddit
    . That is a great place for Xbox Insider users to share and discuss any issues that they may be experiencing. You can try unplugging the external hard drive from the console, and

power cycling
    the console. The power cycle is done by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. Bac2school Win User

Hello!

Yes, I’ve tried power cycling and disconnecting the drive and it will start working after numerous times, but then when I go to turn on my console again the next day, it will be disconnected again. I also just opted out of the insider program because of
    this issue, so hopefully the next update will fix it.
  5. Epic Louie Win User

I'm in the alpha skip ahead. I haven't had any issues with my external. Here's a link for troubleshooting.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/console-doesnt-detect-external-storage
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Installation stopped, Try installing again. Continuing issues.

Hi Vegito Chan,

I see you mention that this was an issue prior to having the external HD but it continues still.

-What is the download/upload speed (according to your Xbox One) not according to the plan under the ISP?

-Does the external HD that you're using also have a power cable that plugs into the wall?

-What are the power settings on the external HD?

-Have you tested this by making the internal HD primary to see if this still occurs?

-Are you wired or wirelessly connected to your router/modem?
Thema:

1. External HD connection issues - Similar Threads - External connection issues

2. Anyone have any luck purchasing a USB 3.0 Hub to connect additional external hard drives to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone have any luck purchasing a USB 3.0 Hub to connect additional external hard drives to...: Hopefully someone out there can answer this question, I have 2 external hard drives hooked up to my Xbox One X with a third sitting downstairs with nothing to do except wait due to the fact I have...
  3. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I've got a Kingston HyperX Savage USB 3.1 256 GB Flash drive that just doesn't seem to wanna cooperate. Reads 350Mb/s Writes 250 MB/s, that has to be enough tho, right? So the storage doesn't...
  4. : External USB HD blocking wireless connection

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : External USB HD blocking wireless connection: : External USB HD blocking wireless connection Thats the weird part, the signal from wi-fi and connection to the router keeps the same, it justs lose the connection to the internet. In AUTO mode...
  5. External Hard Drive not staying connected to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive not staying connected to Xbox One: Lately I have been having trouble with my external hard drive not staying connected or not connecting at all. A week or so ago I had to reset my Xbox and that went smoothly but just a few days ago...
  6. My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My External hard drive reboots my xbox while connected to it.: Recently after installing Fallout 4, Borderlands 2, and the pre sequel on to my external hard drive (which is a 2 TB Seagate with the Xbox logo) my xbox one runs in to an issue where while it is...
  7. ox8082000d: External storage connection too weak

in XBoX on Consoles
    ox8082000d: External storage connection too weak: Hi, I recently purchased a Samsung T1 500GB SDD. I also have 3 other HDD's, however, the only other one currently used is a Sea of Thieves Edition Seagate Drive for Xbox 2TB. I also have a...
  8. External Harddrive keeps connecting and then disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Harddrive keeps connecting and then disconnecting: I saw a similar question was posted a while back but I decided to ask again since the answer provided was quite basic and did not provide any assistance with my issue currently. The issue I am...
  9. Promblems connecting to external HD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Promblems connecting to external HD: Split from this thread. My problem is simular. The difference is that I’m using an externat HD and it also says its not connected at times. I have three boxes- OG, s, and x. I dnont know what to...
  10. Wifi Connectivity issues when External Hard drive is plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi Connectivity issues when External Hard drive is plugged in: Today I tried connecting an external HDD to my Xbox One S (To install new games on It). But immediately I got Internet connection Issues. I tried Unplugging my Modem..resetting it...etc. Finally...