External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing

Discus and support External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My XBOX ONE S console: something annoying with my xbox, i have black a WD Passport 4TB external HD (... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jds4578, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/jds4578
    /u/jds4578 Guest

My XBOX ONE S console:

something annoying with my xbox, i have black a WD Passport 4TB external HD ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LQQH86A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ), plays every game, and plays every game, but after 5-10 mins of running a game, my game crashes out black screen, then, my xbox is forced back to homescreen, and then my xbox thinks that my external HD is not connected, until 10-10 mins later it comes back.

Also, this problem happens when transferring games from External to 1tb Internal hard drive, i get a "installation stopped" error, when this happens, then takes a while to come back 10-20mins.

Is it possible the xbox console, is not giving the external hd, enough power to work ? would an external hardrive "Y" cable work to fix this?

How to fix this annoying problem. its been happen for a while now. never used to happen.

submitted by /u/jds4578
    [link] [comments]

/u/jds4578, Dec 2, 2019
  2. AlkaSeltzerTM Win User

USB Device Unavailable

i am having the same issue on a 1 TB Seagate external HD.

At least it disconnects after 30 min or 1 h but always happens!

At least I know that it is not a problem with my device :)
  3. FrankTabarez Win User

How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on the XBOX1 X?

Hello Frank,

Please take the time to review this article. It goes over troubleshooting steps to help the console read the external storage as well as the requirements :

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the time and response. The xbox 1 x now sees the 5TB HD, however, it does not read the information on HD(movie files-MP4\NTFS). This only happens with a HD larger than 2TB. what am I missing? Thanks for the time. Frank
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

External USB HD blocking wireless connection

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information on the external HD. Try the HD on a different console like a friend or family member see if it cancels out the wifi. If it does then there is something with the make of the external that causing it to disconnect or block wifi.
    For example magnets/metal will disconnect Wifi, not saying there are magnets in this external as only the manufacturer would know. But could be composite of the housing or drive that causing the block.

If it doesn't do this on another console, there could be a hardware issue within the console.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Jo & Jo Win User

We cannot login to our xbox account

Thanks for offering help but we dont get any error. When loggin in with the controller it just disconnects after a short time.
  6. Low Fat Diet Win User

Updating digital content requires full reinstall everytime

Since support isn't helping. Is anyone else with this issue using an external HD? Just as a test I'm moving all my games back to the internal and I'm going to disconnect my external to see if it still does it.
Thema:

1. External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing - Similar Threads - External disconnects short

2. Mi disco externo se desconecta[My external drive disconnects]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mi disco externo se desconecta[My external drive disconnects]: Mi disco duro de xbox one funciona a la perfeccion y es nuevo pero aveces asi asi de la nada me saca de los juegos guardados ahi y me aparece la notificación que sale cuando se conecta y siempre...
  3. Xbox one external hard drive connecting and disconnecting issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one external hard drive connecting and disconnecting issue: So i bought a 500 GB xbox one external hard drive and unboxed it and when i unboxed it, i turned on my xbox one and pluged it in. Everything was fine until i tryed to press the format button on my...
  4. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE KEEPS DISCONNECTING

in XBoX on Consoles
    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE KEEPS DISCONNECTING: Out the blue my external hard drive started disconnecting time after time and wont stay connected long enough for me to do anything, And yes power adapter plugged into to the wall diff usb ports...
  5. External hard drive disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive disconnecting: So my external hard drive keeps disconnecting. I’ve tried all the ports, I was wondering if this is a power related issue d88a4656-21b3-41c4-9bff-be34c651af5e
  6. External Hardrive keeps disconnecting from xbox after 30 seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hardrive keeps disconnecting from xbox after 30 seconds.: Hello, I was hoping someone anyone could help me with this issue. I have a perfectly good drive that for whatever isn't being recognized by my Xbox. I've tried disconnecting and then reconnecting...
  7. External Storage Detection continuously disconnects and reconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Detection continuously disconnects and reconnects: Hi All, I have recently run out of space and purchased a Kesu 1TB external drive from amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GKCQM3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 When...
  8. my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wifi connection is getting disconnected since installing an external hard drive: I have an Xbox One and just purchased a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive. It connects ok and initially everything seems ok but the wifi connection randomly gets disconnected and the only solution...
  9. External hard drive keeps disconnecting from console

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive keeps disconnecting from console: A few months ago, my external hard drive started randomly disconnecting from my console, probably once per hour. This effectively makes my game crash if it is saved to the external drive. I have...
  10. External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing

in XboX Insiders
    External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing: My XBOX ONE S console: something annoying with my xbox, i have black a WD Passport 4TB external HD (...