External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing

Discus and support External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My XBOX ONE S console: something annoying with my xbox, i have black a WD Passport 4TB external HD (... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jds4578, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/jds4578
    /u/jds4578 Guest

My XBOX ONE S console:

something annoying with my xbox, i have black a WD Passport 4TB external HD ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LQQH86A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ), plays every game, and plays every game, but after 5-10 mins of running a game, my game crashes out black screen, then, my xbox is forced back to homescreen, and then my xbox thinks that my external HD is not connected, until 10-10 mins later it comes back.

Also, this problem happens when transferring games from External to 1tb Internal hard drive, i get a "installation stopped" error, when this happens, then takes a while to come back 10-20mins.

Is it possible the xbox console, is not giving the external hd, enough power to work ? would an external hardrive "Y" cable work to fix this?

How to fix this annoying problem. its been happen for a while now. never used to happen.

submitted by /u/jds4578
    [link] [comments]

/u/jds4578, Dec 2, 2019
  2. AlkaSeltzerTM Win User

USB Device Unavailable

i am having the same issue on a 1 TB Seagate external HD.

At least it disconnects after 30 min or 1 h but always happens!

At least I know that it is not a problem with my device :)
  3. FrankTabarez Win User

How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on the XBOX1 X?

Hello Frank,

Please take the time to review this article. It goes over troubleshooting steps to help the console read the external storage as well as the requirements :

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the time and response. The xbox 1 x now sees the 5TB HD, however, it does not read the information on HD(movie files-MP4\NTFS). This only happens with a HD larger than 2TB. what am I missing? Thanks for the time. Frank
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

External USB HD blocking wireless connection

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information on the external HD. Try the HD on a different console like a friend or family member see if it cancels out the wifi. If it does then there is something with the make of the external that causing it to disconnect or block wifi.
    For example magnets/metal will disconnect Wifi, not saying there are magnets in this external as only the manufacturer would know. But could be composite of the housing or drive that causing the block.

If it doesn't do this on another console, there could be a hardware issue within the console.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Jo & Jo Win User

We cannot login to our xbox account

Thanks for offering help but we dont get any error. When loggin in with the controller it just disconnects after a short time.
  6. Low Fat Diet Win User

Updating digital content requires full reinstall everytime

Since support isn't helping. Is anyone else with this issue using an external HD? Just as a test I'm moving all my games back to the internal and I'm going to disconnect my external to see if it still does it.
Thema:

1. External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing - Similar Threads - External disconnects short

2. External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing

in XboX Insiders
    External HD disconnects, after short time of usage, then missing: My XBOX ONE S console: something annoying with my xbox, i have black a WD Passport 4TB external HD (...
  3. External Storage keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage keeps disconnecting: Split from this thread. I have had this issue as well... Really frustrating and I have tried everything Ive seen. I dont know if its because i have an old xbox or not but I cant download any...
  4. External Harddrive keeps connecting and then disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Harddrive keeps connecting and then disconnecting: I saw a similar question was posted a while back but I decided to ask again since the answer provided was quite basic and did not provide any assistance with my issue currently. The issue I am...
  5. Internet disconnects whenever I remove or plug in an external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet disconnects whenever I remove or plug in an external HDD: Self explanatory, but my console is off when I do so (Xbox One S) I don't do it often for this reason a80162b1-02df-4afb-9548-45cdec027412
  6. Since 1806 Preview Update on 28 June 2018 USB External Drive disconnects on use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since 1806 Preview Update on 28 June 2018 USB External Drive disconnects on use: Since 1806 Preview Update on 28 June 2018 USB External Drive disconnects on use. I removed y console from the Insider Program and the drive started to work fine. Added the console back into the...
  7. Seagate 1 TB External Hard Drive Disconnect/Reconnect with XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 1 TB External Hard Drive Disconnect/Reconnect with XBOX ONE: For the past month, my Xbox One has been unable to read my external hard drive. The hard drive will appear for limited amounts of time and then disappear. Within games and apps, most of my games...
  8. External Hard Drive keeps disconnected my xbox from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive keeps disconnected my xbox from the internet: i recently got a maxone 500 GB external hard drive which is compatible with xbox one, but every time i plug it into the USB ports in the back, my xbox is immediately disconnected from the internet...
  9. Disconnecting an external hard drive while having paused downloads present

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disconnecting an external hard drive while having paused downloads present: Hi guys, So I have a 41GB download in progress that is currently at 45%. Due to certain reasons I am in the process of preparing to pack up and relocate my Xbox console to another site and have...
  10. (BETA RING) External hard drives disconnect and reconnect and hdmi audio non functional

in XBoX on Consoles
    (BETA RING) External hard drives disconnect and reconnect and hdmi audio non functional: Today I called Xbox support about my issue. The representative was very patient and helpful except they couldn't help me with this though they did try, so I'm reaching out to the people of the...