External HDD - Can you play movie files / song downloads directly now?

Discus and support External HDD - Can you play movie files / song downloads directly now? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know on the Xbox 360 I would have to burn music to a cd first to "rip" onto the hard drive and with movies, they could play on a usb drive stick but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dwoop33, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Dwoop33
    Dwoop33 Guest

I know on the Xbox 360 I would have to burn music to a cd first to "rip" onto the hard drive and with movies, they could play on a usb drive stick but would sometimes be out of sync with the audio. Can the Xbox One now play movies files directly?

:)

Dwoop33, Jun 8, 2014
  2. external hard drive capabilities

My question is with an external hdd can I download and save my game data to it AND put the movies I downloaded from my laptop on the external as well and play them from my Xbox one?

I bought a 2tb recently, formatted it to and put some of my movies on it. Once I plugged it into the Xbox it had to be formatted for the games otherwise I could watch the movies. Now once I format it in my Xbox the movies are erased obviously. Any work around for this?

Avery.Cameron, Jun 8, 2014
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

@bunger43

Unfortunately this seems to be the case.

You have to download it to the internal drive first then move to the external drive.

Although you can change the destination from within the download queue but this will start the download again from the beginning and leave a partial download on the internal drive(which you can delete)

And yes you can play the games directly from the external drive.

If someone has figured a way to get downloads to install directly to the external HDD then I would like to know too.

Malacath, Jun 8, 2014
  4. xXCamhawkXx
    xXCamhawkXx Guest

Not supported at the moment. (it would have to be an HDD unless you have a flash drive with 256GB of capacity)

xXCamhawkXx, Jun 8, 2014
  5. xXCamhawkXx Win User

Not supported at the moment. (it would have to be an HDD unless you have a flash drive with 256GB of capacity)
  6. espr3ss001 Win User

Copy files from Mac to Xbox One external HDD ?

Even with the media app installed how can i copy movie files from Mac to the external hdd on the Xbox ?
  7. Malacath Win User

Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

@bunger43

Unfortunately this seems to be the case.

You have to download it to the internal drive first then move to the external drive.

Although you can change the destination from within the download queue but this will start the download again from the beginning and leave a partial download on the internal drive(which you can delete)

And yes you can play the games directly from the external drive.

If someone has figured a way to get downloads to install directly to the external HDD then I would like to know too.
  8. manofmyth7 Win User

RB3 Song (Less Talk More Rokk) DLC Download keep failing!

Hello. Well... I first tried find some corrupted file of the song in the HDD, didn't succeed, then I tried to plug the internet cable directly on the console and re-download the song, didn't worked either, even if I set up the download on the queue on my
    PC it fails on download.

The message that appears is:

Can't Download

"Less Talk More Rokk"

pops in the screen as soon the download begins!
  9. DominumStige Win User

External hard drive is not detected

Hi!

You can try formatting the external HDD directly with a PC, then you can connect it to the console and use it. It can happen if an external HDD is not properly formatted.
Thema:

1. External HDD - Can you play movie files / song downloads directly now? - Similar Threads - External HDD play

2. Replacing an external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing an external HDD: Hello, I am using an 1 TB external HDD on my Xbox one. I just bought a 2 TB external HDD, which I want to use instead of the old one. Is it a way to transfer to content from the old one to the new...
  3. External HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD: I just filled my 8 TB external HDD and was looking to get another eternal going. I saw WD was releasing a 12 TB External for the Xbox and was conserving getting that. I’ve read different things...
  4. Xbox Preview Destroy my Externals HDD

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Preview Destroy my Externals HDD: I have an Xbox One X, I was an insider since day one, but a year ago I decided to go normal. Since the new dash, I wanted to try, so I enroll back in alpha. Since I'm playing mostly Destiny 2, I...
  5. [xbox one s] External HDD inaccessible since June system update!

in XBoX on Consoles
    [xbox one s] External HDD inaccessible since June system update!: I don't understand why the dev team has to go break things for no good reason. * Nothing wrong with the USB3.0 ports * Nothing wrong with the Ext. HDD * Nothing wrong with the power supplies *...
  6. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  7. External HDD issues Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD issues Alpha Skip Ahead: has anyone had issues with their external hard drive where it will not show the games but it will list the number of games near the Games info in games & apps. i have tried the drive on another...
  8. External HDD Not Being Recognized?

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD Not Being Recognized?: I just finished moving and I just set up all my consoles but for some reason my External HDD is not being recognized? I’ve tried power cycle. Every form of plugging out and in, turning on and off....
  9. Your OS Update Did This... Can't Find External HDD or Play My Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your OS Update Did This... Can't Find External HDD or Play My Games: First started off with the code '0x80270300'. Hard reset the console... Now have code '0x87e000c8'. I cannot find my external HDD in storage settings. Microsoft, fix this NOW. PS.... The new...
  10. XB1 allow to play video from external HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 allow to play video from external HDD?: Hey, As XB1 external HDD support is now released, does it allow users to play videos from external HDD's? Would it work with NAS system? 85aaa8b5-cf86-442e-901a-316eec7f8b85