External hdd died on xbox one s

Discus and support External hdd died on xbox one s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Since the October update for my xbox one s my external wouldn't go sleep stayed on after doing all things sort it out with Microsoft and with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by stevenstrange2, Oct 17, 2018.

1. External hdd died on xbox one s

Hi

Since the October update for my xbox one s my external wouldn't go sleep stayed on after doing all things sort it out with Microsoft and with seagate nothing worked, now this morning woke up to my external not working at all now there is a bleeping sound
    from it and my Xbox one doesn't recognise the external hdd when plugged in. So took it out my Xbox and tried see if recognise on my gaming laptop and it doesn't show up as well. Think my Xbox one killed it been constantly on the drive while my Xbox been off.

:)

stevenstrange2, Oct 17, 2018
  2. HDD died

Last night my HDD on my Xbox one S died and the console is out of warranty.

I have a new HDD but I need to know how to get the OS for my Xbox one S onto the new HDD ?

Mike&lindi, Oct 17, 2018
  3. my external hard drive stopped working

1 - if you can try the external on another xbox to see if the hdd has died (it happens)

2 - try another external hdd on your system, to confirm your ports are ok (if not hardware failure and repair needed)

Hope this helps

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Oct 17, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello Steven!

Sounds like you're having trouble with your external hard drive being detected by your Xbox One. Take a look at this support article regarding your issue Troubleshoot
    external storage detection on Xbox One
    . You may consider contacting the manufacturer of the drive itself to see if they have any further information or options regarding their product.

Hope this helps

XBF George L, Oct 17, 2018
  5. XBF George L Win User

External hdd died on xbox one s 😡

Hello Steven!

Sounds like you're having trouble with your external hard drive being detected by your Xbox One. Take a look at this support article regarding your issue Troubleshoot
    external storage detection on Xbox One
    . You may consider contacting the manufacturer of the drive itself to see if they have any further information or options regarding their product.

Hope this helps
  6. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

my external hard drive stopped working

1 - if you can try the external on another xbox to see if the hdd has died (it happens)

2 - try another external hdd on your system, to confirm your ports are ok (if not hardware failure and repair needed)

Hope this helps
  7. Korhog Win User

Why did my concole just die?

This device consists to much external parts, who can die. In my One X Scorpio edition the HDD died first. It just can might happen.
  8. Individuality-093EBE Win User

can't play conker live and reloaded on x 360

Oops dis regard my above post it is supported i misread op is your hdd from microsoft or is it an external/usb hdd, becuase like what the person above me said it might not have the xbox 1 compatibility partition.
  9. Paraffin Alien Win User

Why is my xbox 'Downloading' the games that are DISC!

I upgraded to a One X from a 360 and I didn`t realise everything had to be downloaded either. And my first game install was Halo 5 and that was a whopping 107GB.

The following day I went out and bought a Seagate Xbox 2TB external HDD.

No more buying a new game and having a quick go, lol

so is there an advantage to having an "XBOX HDD" rather than say a 'WD HDD'?
    It`s just a licensed external HDD that is manufactured by Seagate for the Xbox, it`s green and says Xbox on the front. They do one for the PS as well, only in blue.

You can use any external HDD as long as it is USB 3.0.

I only bought it as I managed to get it at a reduced price as I had some vouchers for the store I bought it from.
Thema:

1. External hdd died on xbox one s - Similar Threads - External hdd died

2. Series controller disconnect issue, external hdd

in XboX Insiders
    Series controller disconnect issue, external hdd: Hi, I've seen some twitter and reddit posts about controller disconnect issues and just wanted to share my experience. I've had this issue as well, but what i noticed is that it only happens when...
  3. File limit on XB1 with External HDD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    File limit on XB1 with External HDD: I'm using an external HDD for media/movies on XB1. But it only shows half of the files on the drive. Is there a limit to the number of files? I couldn't find any info on this. Thank you....
  4. Xbox Series S corrupting my external HDD.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S corrupting my external HDD.: My external HDD was corrupted last night. I plugged it in to my PC and reformatted it and it worked fine on my PC. I then went and plugged it back into my Xbox Series S and I reformatted it to...
  5. Series S Games stutter and lag when an external hdd is attached

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S Games stutter and lag when an external hdd is attached: I'm not sure what the deal is, I have 2 external hdd USB 3.0 drives that store my old Xbox one/360 games. My series s games are installed on the internal drive. However, when my external drives...
  6. Xbox app on windows won't download to external hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on windows won't download to external hdd: So the problem is that whenever I try to install a game from the Xbox app on windows and I try to select the external d drive as the install drive but when I go to install the game the only drive...
  7. External hdd with series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hdd with series x: I have the series x and I'm using a seagate USB 3.0 external hdd which I was using on my one x prior to upgrading to the series x and for the last few months my hdd isn't found when I turn on the...
  8. Xbox app for PC uninstalling my games from my external HDD on it's own (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app for PC uninstalling my games from my external HDD on it's own (Windows 11): Anyone please explain to me how a program made for games can uninstall it's own games with out permission. I keep having the same problem the last couple weeks first I'm installing a game from...
  9. External HDD not showing on Xbox One but does seem to be working ok on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD not showing on Xbox One but does seem to be working ok on PC: I have an external HDD for my Xbox One (WD Passport 2TB). It has worked fine for about 18 months but now not accessible on Xbox. It has nearly all my games stored on which I can no longer access...
  10. External Hard Drive has died, trying to install disc to Internal HDD but no luck...

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive has died, trying to install disc to Internal HDD but no luck...: Hi, I have a 500GB internal HDD on my xbox one and a 1TB external HDD which I install a lot of games on. My external HDD has failed and I believe I'll need to get a new one. In the meantime, I...