External HDD Support

Discus and support External HDD Support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a timeline for introducing support for external HDDs? My built-in 500 GB HDD is quickly filling up and my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jason of Oz, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Jason of Oz
    Jason of Oz Guest

External HDD Support

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a timeline for introducing support for external HDDs? My built-in 500 GB HDD is quickly filling up and my internet connectivity isn't so good I can afford the time to delete things now and re-download them later.

- Jason

:)

Jason of Oz, Mar 2, 2014
  2. External HDD Support?

Nothing yet, but do to the impulse announcement this week, they could reveal it at any moment.

I am in the preview program and heard that the recent update is to prep for a larger one. Which could be the HDD update, they say it is coming.

CollapseControl, Mar 2, 2014
  3. MokuPhu
    MokuPhu Guest
    External HDD Support?

Is there any news on the External HDD Support for the dwindling HDD space on the Xbox One?

MokuPhu, Mar 2, 2014
  4. Jason of Oz
    Jason of Oz Guest

External HDD Support

Looks like external HDD support will be a part of the June update.

Jason of Oz, May 25, 2014
  5. CollapseControl Win User

External HDD Support?

Nothing yet, but do to the impulse announcement this week, they could reveal it at any moment.

I am in the preview program and heard that the recent update is to prep for a larger one. Which could be the HDD update, they say it is coming.
  6. Jason of Oz Win User

External HDD Support

Looks like external HDD support will be a part of the June update.
  7. EddieHendrickson Win User

External HDD

Yes External HDD support is available. The External HDD must be at least 256GB in size and use USB 3.0. Keep in mind that the External HDD will have to be formatted for use with the Xbox One console.
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User
  9. IceStorm III Win User

500gig hard drive on Xbox One but how long wihllthat last?

By the time the internal HDD is filled, the system update to support external HDDs should be out.
Thema:

External HDD Support

1. External HDD Support - Similar Threads - External HDD Support

2. Replacing an external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing an external HDD: Hello, I am using an 1 TB external HDD on my Xbox one. I just bought a 2 TB external HDD, which I want to use instead of the old one. Is it a way to transfer to content from the old one to the new...
  3. External HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD: I just filled my 8 TB external HDD and was looking to get another eternal going. I saw WD was releasing a 12 TB External for the Xbox and was conserving getting that. I’ve read different things...
  4. Will the Xbox 360 support 2 2 TB external hard disks or just 1 2 tb hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox 360 support 2 2 TB external hard disks or just 1 2 tb hdd: the xbox 360 will support a 2 TB external hdd. I have seen on the internet that it will support 2 hdds. is that accurate? 54187aa2-1b26-4b2c-88c3-32ef78122e29
  5. Full external HDD support needed for the 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Full external HDD support needed for the 360: Little late 2B asking, but better late than never. TB sized external support needed now more so than ever B4. The 360 era's main compitition fully supports TB sized external HDD, yet the 360...
  6. External HDD support incoming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD support incoming?: Adding more hype on the list of things to come. • r/xboxone b05d395f-30fa-4aa9-ab55-be8c951dbeef
  7. External HDD Support?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD Support?: Is there any news on the External HDD Support for the dwindling HDD space on the Xbox One? e1cdab2f-6d6e-492c-a2f1-096aad7783a0
  8. External USB 3.0 HDD support will fix a lot of issues..

in XBoX on Consoles
    External USB 3.0 HDD support will fix a lot of issues..: The 2.5 5400rpm Laptop HDD was a big mistake, especially since the console inside has room to fit two 3.5 HDDs, it is giant in there, why didn't they put the power brick in there and a 3.5 drive?...
  9. XBOX 360 external HDD Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 external HDD Support: With the Games with Gold program, Gold members can download 2 games for free each month. Since I have an old Xbox 360 with a 120gb HDD, my harddisk is already full. I'm aware of the possibility to...
  10. Any word on external HDD support?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any word on external HDD support?: I'm running out of room... There isn't really a game I'd want to delete and download/install again either. a7b64da0-fafd-4efa-a1a3-192fa381b23a