External HDD

Discus and support External HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just filled my 8 TB external HDD and was looking to get another eternal going. I saw WD was releasing a 12 TB External for the Xbox and was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Galenrandir23, Sep 6, 2019.

1. External HDD

I just filled my 8 TB external HDD and was looking to get another eternal going. I saw WD was releasing a 12 TB External for the Xbox and was conserving getting that.

I’ve read different things as to what the Xbox can support in regards to an external HDD. I’ve seen you can only have a max of 16 TB of external storage, only 8TB per USB port. I’ve also seen it can support
    up to 16 TB per USB port.

Can anyone confirm if I buy the 12TB will I be able to use all 12 TB in addition to my 8 TB? Could I have 2 12 TB HDD hooked up at once?

Thank you!

:)

Galenrandir23, Sep 6, 2019
  2. EddieHendrickson Win User

External HDD

Yes External HDD support is available. The External HDD must be at least 256GB in size and use USB 3.0. Keep in mind that the External HDD will have to be formatted for use with the Xbox One console.
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

Borderlands 3 took too long to start - Error 0x8027025A - Possible hardware issue?

Do you have available any External HDD? If you have you can try to find if is a hardware issue in the Internal HDD by installing the games in a external hdd.
  4. RYTMEOW Win User

The lack of replacable HDD slot is a joke !

has the use of external hdds been confirmed by microsoft? and would we be able to play games directly from the external hdd?
  5. EddieHendrickson Win User

Transfer Data from one XBOX One to another

You would either need to redownload them, or you can connect an external HD and move/install your games to the external HDD. The External HDD requirements are that it is at least 256 GB in size and is USB 3.0. I have not verified that when connecting to
    a different Xbox One that it will load the games correctly from the external HDD however.
  6. WPAK Win User

FPS drops when playing games PLEASE help me

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on an external hdd? If so can you try what happens if the game is installed on a different external hdd or the internal hdd.

Let us know the results
Thema:

External HDD

1. External HDD - Similar Threads - External HDD

2. Replacing an external HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacing an external HDD: Hello, I am using an 1 TB external HDD on my Xbox one. I just bought a 2 TB external HDD, which I want to use instead of the old one. Is it a way to transfer to content from the old one to the new...
  3. Xbox Preview Destroy my Externals HDD

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Preview Destroy my Externals HDD: I have an Xbox One X, I was an insider since day one, but a year ago I decided to go normal. Since the new dash, I wanted to try, so I enroll back in alpha. Since I'm playing mostly Destiny 2, I...
  4. [xbox one s] External HDD inaccessible since June system update!

in XBoX on Consoles
    [xbox one s] External HDD inaccessible since June system update!: I don't understand why the dev team has to go break things for no good reason. * Nothing wrong with the USB3.0 ports * Nothing wrong with the Ext. HDD * Nothing wrong with the power supplies *...
  5. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  6. External HDD issues Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD issues Alpha Skip Ahead: has anyone had issues with their external hard drive where it will not show the games but it will list the number of games near the Games info in games & apps. i have tried the drive on another...
  7. External HDD Not Being Recognized?

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD Not Being Recognized?: I just finished moving and I just set up all my consoles but for some reason my External HDD is not being recognized? I’ve tried power cycle. Every form of plugging out and in, turning on and off....
  8. Update issue with external hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update issue with external hdd: Since July 2019 update, my Xbox x will not recognize my wd external hdd. I have done all steps already as per your site with no luck. Help please. Used my friends seagate hdd and it was...
  9. Installing a game on both external and internal HDD causes bugs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing a game on both external and internal HDD causes bugs?: Hello, Unsure if this is related to the game developer and/or its both xbox and game dev. In this game called "state of decay 2" I had the game installed on both - which caused a lot of bugs...
  10. External hdd troubles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hdd troubles.: Hi all. I am experiencing the most weird thing I have ever seen on my console. I have the xbox one s 1tb. I have an external 1tb hdd that I have been using for a while no problems. I have a 2nd...