External IP and port not lining up

Discus and support External IP and port not lining up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Doee anykne know the cause of this [img] [img] 85b393a8-3ed1-4ad1-aa16-b28a7f1d2e91 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zanegarner, Mar 2, 2020.

1. zanegarner
    zanegarner Guest

Doee anykne know the cause of this
    External IP and port not lining up [​IMG]

External IP and port not lining up [​IMG]

:)

zanegarner, Mar 2, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Since you're using a 4G/LTE connection, your ISP is using CG-NAT. Which means, they have a huge router in their data center, and they "hide" multiple users behind one public IP address (similar to how you connect multiple devices on your router to one single
    IP address).

However this causes a double NAT.

The only way to resolve that, is to contact your ISP and ask them if they can provide you with a public IPv4 address. Some ISPs will gladly just do that. Others want you to pay a monthly price for the service, and others simply won't/can't do that at all,
    in which case your only option is to switch to another ISP.

If 4G/LTE or other cellphone based are your only option, then it might be that you won't ever be able to resolve that issue, as basically all wireless based internet providers use CG-NAT, as they don't have enough IPv4 adresses for all their customers.
  3. ParaSmudge Win User

Sharing connection between PC and Xbox to get on internet in University Halls

I downloaded the Port checker and put in all the ports and got...

External IP Address: We were not able to determine your external IP

Ping Result: We were unable to ping your router

Port Check Result: Could not connect to the portforward.com. Your port is not open or is not reachable
  4. VibroPlex Win User

Help dmz xbox please

DHCP Reservation lets you lock down the IP address on the home network without going to Manual IP, so if you take your Xbox away from home, it will work on automatic settings.

Under Basic Settings, click DHCP Reservation

Choose the xbox from the DHCP client table by clicking check mark

Click "Add Client"

=

Then you can set up Port Forwarding by choosing Applications & Gaming at the top.

It should bring you to the default page of Single Port Forwarding.

Complete each line for Port Forwarding, with the service name, external and internal port, protocol, IP Address and lastly make sure to enable it.

XBOX 3074 3074 BOTH ip address <ENABLE>

KERBEROS 88 88 UDP ip address <ENABLE>

<Save>
  5. CyberMaxX360 Win User

Cone nat make a difference?

I was wondering the same thing myself - did the Multiplayer Test when it ran to completion I also did the Pull and hold both triggers and both bumpers at the same time and saw "Cone NAT" as well, the first page shows "Open" nat as well.

MS needs to post a better message in that test as in the following for "Different Types" of Cone NAT's in order to steer people to a possible solution.

Full Cone: A full cone NAT is one where all requests from the

same internal IP address and port are mapped to the same external

IP address and port. Furthermore, any external host can send a

packet to the internal host, by sending a packet to the mapped

external address.

Restricted Cone: A restricted cone NAT is one where all requests

from the same internal IP address and port are mapped to the same

external IP address and port. Unlike a full cone NAT, an external

host (with IP address X) can send a packet to the internal host

only if the internal host had previously sent a packet to IP

address X.

Port Restricted Cone: A port restricted cone NAT is like a

restricted cone NAT, but the restriction includes port numbers.

Specifically, an external host can send a packet, with source IP

address X and source port P, to the internal host only if the

internal host had previously sent a packet to IP address X and

port P.

Symmetric: A symmetric NAT is one where all requests from the

same internal IP address and port, to a specific destination IP

address and port, are mapped to the same external IP address and

port. If the same host sends a packet with the same source

address and port, but to a different destination, a different

mapping is used. Furthermore, only the external host that

receives a packet can send a UDP packet back to the internal host.
  6. Win7kid Win User

Strict Nat

@ ZUES Gaming have you tried this go into your router go to Applications & Gaming and put in these ports.

88 External port 88 Internal port UDP

3074 for both External and Internal select Both for Protocol

53 for both External and Internal ports select both for protocol

80 for both External and Internal select both for protocol

after all that go to Advanced settings on you xbox and look at your IP address put the last three number on your IP for xbox on the the IP address on your router and enable all of the ports you just entered then hit save settings and you should be set.

Hope this helps =)
Thema:

1. External IP and port not lining up - Similar Threads - External port lining

2. External hard drive won't install games

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive won't install games: Hey, i just got a Fantom Drives external HD designed specifically for the xbox one. It has a seagate 2TB SSHD. It connects fine, i can see and access it fine however i cannot download games...
  3. External hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive: I just bought a new External Hard drive KESU 2518 1TB, when i plug it in it makes my remote stop working, i tried hard reset i tried to reset to factory default, none of that worked.. i tried to...
  4. Xbox external drive contents deleted -

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox external drive contents deleted -: Wondering whether anyone can give me some guidance - my son has an external 1tb drive connected to his Xbox (its a certified drive) and has been working 100% for the past 16 months. He stores...
  5. My Xbox One has just randomly stopped detecting External Hard Drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One has just randomly stopped detecting External Hard Drives: About a year ago, I brought a Seagate 1tb External Hard Drive that has been working for over a year. But all of a sudden it has just stopped working i have tried: 1: Rebooting my Console 2:...
  6. External HDD issues (Omega ring)

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD issues (Omega ring): I’m not sure if this is an Insider-issue, but posting here because it is a possibility. As of approximately 1 am this morning, I am unable to open anything installed on the external hard drive of...
  7. External Hardrive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hardrive: If it comes up saying “we see your external hardrive but its too weak” plug it in the back of the xbox not where the controller gets plugged in on the side 194c112c-858b-41ab-a6e3-c3fa2c8a143c
  8. How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on ...: How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on the XBOX1 X? 2e9f8243-f8db-4ab0-8724-d73430db9680
  9. Existing external hard drive is now not recognized in any of the ports after the uodate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Existing external hard drive is now not recognized in any of the ports after the uodate: My external hard drive was working fine yesterday. Started up today to play halo and discovered that my external hard drive wasn't being recognized. I've been through all the troubleshooting steps...
  10. USB port won't shut off external USB fan agree unit shut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB port won't shut off external USB fan agree unit shut off: I have plugged in a external USB 120 mm fan into my entertainment Center so my doors can remained shut while my xbox 360S is on. My problem is that the fan works great connected but when I turn my...