External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc

Discus and support External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc I would check the formatting of the drive on the PC and make sure your... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by VirtualGuide233, Jul 2, 2018.

1. External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc

I would check the formatting of the drive on the PC and make sure your using the right format.

My guess is you may have it partitioned in a way the Xbox may not see it, or a format that is not recognised.

Make sure it has one partition to be sure.

Troubleshoot External Storage Drive Detection | Xbox One External Storage

:)

VirtualGuide233, Jul 2, 2018
  2. DougRomeu
    DougRomeu Guest
    External Hard Drive Problems, won't recognize

I've used my seagate 3tb external hard drive for about a month to store games with no problems at all. After signing in the other day my external hard drive no longer shows up on my xbox one. I've tried everything to fix it,even restoring my xbox. I've plugged
    it into my pc and reformated it back to NTFS, but it doesn't show up on my xbox anymore when I plug it in. I can't format it to use as game storage and it doesn't read it as media storage. On my pc it shows up just fine, it's a brand new external,and it was
    working just fine on my xbox until just the other day.

DougRomeu, Jul 2, 2018
  3. My 300GB Hitachi HDD not working on Xbox 360 after update

Replugging my drive with any combonation of powering my console on and off doesnt work. I have several USB Thumb Drives that work in my console just fine. My USB 3.0 cable for the External Hard Drive gets powered by the console, but still will not show up.

Poisoned Wiener, Jul 2, 2018
  4. External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc

DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P, Jul 3, 2018
  5. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User

6. Poisoned Wiener Win User

My 300GB Hitachi HDD not working on Xbox 360 after update

Replugging my drive with any combonation of powering my console on and off doesnt work. I have several USB Thumb Drives that work in my console just fine. My USB 3.0 cable for the External Hard Drive gets powered by the console, but still will not show up.
  7. RoM012788 Win User

Xbox One Console keeps losing connecting to the External Hard Drive

i formated the external hard drive with the computer and then with the xbox one and works fine now
  8. MrAdyCarter Win User

USB Hubs and Xbox One

Works fine for me, non powered one with a Keyboard, Skylanders Portal and Powered External Drive connected.

Make sure its a USB 3.0 hub and you'll be fine, also if you're NOT using powered external drives, id recommend a powered hub.
  9. XBF Crystal P Win User

Memoria esterna non rilevata e il controller non risponde ai comandi [Translation - External memory is not detected and the controller does not respond to commands]

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that the issue is persistent on the External Hard Drive.

Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a PC?

Does the PC recognize the external hard drive?

Does the external hard drive meet the specifications for the Xbox One?

If the problem persists, I recommend to try a different external hard drive on the Xbox if possible. One thing we want to make sure, Are the ports on the Xbox One functioning?

Let us know.
Thema:

1. External powered hard drive shows as empty on xbox one - and works fine on pc - Similar Threads - External powered hard

2. External HD power saving mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HD power saving mode: Hi, i use an external HD on my Xbox One X (an Intenso Memory Center 3 TB, internally it's an Toshiba). Every time i play and pause for approximately 10 minutes, the HD goes to power savin mode...
  3. XBOX One external usb 3 hard drive not powering up after Oct 2018 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external usb 3 hard drive not powering up after Oct 2018 update: After the October 2018 update to my XBOX One Console, my external usb 3 hard disk(where I have lots of games installed to) is not powering up from a soft power-on with the controller. I have to...
  4. External Hard Drive Power Cycling

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Power Cycling: I recently purchased a Western Digital Easy Store 8TB drive new from Best Buy to use with my Xbox One X. While the console is in standby/sleep mode, the external drive is constantly powering on...
  5. External Hard Drive power settings when set as default. Best settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive power settings when set as default. Best settings?: Hi, i recently purchased an external 2 TB Western Digital Passport X drive for Xbox. By default, the option "turn storage off when xbox is off" is checked, my Hard drive i have selected as default...
  6. External Hard Drive Power Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Power Question: Hello Everyone, Not sure if many of you have expanded your Xbox One storage yet by adding an additional Hard Drive Externally, or if anyone has posted what I am about to suggest yet. I...
  7. External Hard Drive. Power Saving Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive. Power Saving Mode: I have a quick question. I have a Seagate 2TB external drive for my XBOX one. I noticed that the drive doesn't have a power switch, but a power saving mode can be turned on using the Seagate...
  8. my power brick went i have a question concerning my external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    my power brick went i have a question concerning my external hard drive: my external hard drive has it's own power source. it always has a blue blinking light. after my xbox one power brick died, the flashing blue light stopped on my external hard drive. i am assuming...
  9. External Hard Drive doesn't standby when XBOX does, waste of power, heat and life of ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive doesn't standby when XBOX does, waste of power, heat and life of ...: So Microsoft Devs finally got one right and allowed the users to purchase any HD they wanted and plug it in saving a fortune on storage space. However, in order to use the instant on features of...
  10. External hard drive - powered drive required?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive - powered drive required?: Just been reading about external hard drives for Xbox One, but cannot see any info on whether a self-powered drive is required, or can a drive safely draw power from the Xbox One? Anybody know?...