External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected

Discus and support External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello This going to be quite a long post so apologises in advance Hope that anyone reading this is having a good day. So I have a bit of a situation... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by callumewingewing, Feb 13, 2020.

1. External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected

Hello

This going to be quite a long post so apologises in advance

Hope that anyone reading this is having a good day. So I have a bit of a situation with my seagate external hard drive. I was installing Batman:Arkham City for the past few days onto the external hard drive with it being close to completion (think it was
    76% installed). Yesterday i left the xbox on for about 6 hours straight as its a big game and my internet is [Mod removed- inappropriate] so I left the xbox to install it. Today I switch on the xbox and the installation seemed to be stuck.
    I left it for about 10 minutes before switching off the console as I thought this would help. However it wouldnt turn off it was just stuck on the my games and apps page. I pulled the plug out the socket so evrything was switched off. I switched it back on
    and everything was fine except my external hard drive is not being read/detected. I have tried all the troubleshooting on the xbox page but nothing is working. I dint think the external hard drive is dead as i can feel and hesr the whirling of it. My xbox
    is also making a ticking sound (its not loud but it butdoesnt sound great) not when olaying a game. Dont know if that is related but it sounds like it is trying to churning through something.

If anyone can help or suggest something that would be great.

:)

callumewingewing, Feb 13, 2020
  2. callumewingewing Win User

The Seagate is a 2TB green drive and I bought the hard drrive in June 2019. I will have a loom at the other steps to follow.
  3. callumewingewing Win User

Will try both of those. Does it matter what laptop it is? I have an acer laptop but i dont know if that is compatible.
  4. zeroice007 Win User

Have you tried this step also. Even though you have tried xbox support steps there are other methods and one that may just be the case? Is the drive corrupted or is it just broke. What type of seagate drive is this? (What is the model of the seagate drive)n
    Backup slim, xbox official which is only a colored seagate drive which serves no other purpose other than color, no other benefits. Sometimes after all of this it usually ends up as a bad hard drive. How old is this drive ? Was it new, used refurbished etc.
    Everyone always thinks that the drive is working perfectly when in fact its the culprit. But follow these protocols and see. https://collectiveminds.ca/faq-items/my-hard-drive-is-not-detected-by-the-xbox-one-console/
  5. VibrioidCrayon1 Win User

Have you tried plugging the hd into a laptop or pc? I know it wont read properley but if the computer reads it then you know it isnt goosed. Also have you tried a different usb wire incase that has developed a fault? Rare but can happen
  6. PaoloCitron Win User

xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive transfer]

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Sounds like the Seagate Hard drive keeps disconnecting. We recommend you trying out the guide for

external hard drive detection
    . Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Brad
    It appears as detected....
Thema:

1. External Seagate Hard Drive Not being detected - Similar Threads - External Seagate Hard

2. Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Formatting a Seagate external hard drive: Hello So some games on my xbox were non transfering from my internal hard drive to my extern hard drive. I tried a hard reset and plugged the external hard drive to a new USB port. These options...
  3. Seagate external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate external hard drive: Hi I have an Seagate xbox external hard drive and the conector to the xbox is broken. can I recover the games and info which is on it. 714fdf50-ad63-4ed9-80a4-dca44548bae1
  4. External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive(Seagate) blinks when playing games installed on it?(Xbox One).: Is it normal for the light to blink on an external hard drive when playing games downloaded on it, cause the light never blinks when playing games downloaded on the internal hard drive?...
  5. Is it safe to leave a seagate external hard drive plugged in all the time(Xbox One)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it safe to leave a seagate external hard drive plugged in all the time(Xbox One)?: Just recently bought one, was just wondering if it is okay to leave my 2tb external hard drive plugged in all the time? 4ccd6009-787e-45ea-852f-c43b4af7c585
  6. problema di trasferimento su hard disk esterno Seagate [Translation - Seagate external hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    problema di trasferimento su hard disk esterno Seagate [Translation - Seagate external hard...: Ciao, non riesco a trasferire o scaricare giochi sull'hard drive esterno. Ogni 5 minuti si arresta l'installazione. Tempo fa è successa la stessa cosa, ma avevo risolto con un reset, tenendo...
  7. Seagate 2tb external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate 2tb external hard drive: Hi all, i bought a 2tb usb 3.0 external hard drive and my xbox won't detect it i've tried all the trouble shooting tips and still nothing! Anyone have any ideas tia...
  8. How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I delete the games I have on my Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive...: I want to delete the games on my "Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD" This External Hard Drive is currently on a Original Xbox One console and I want to clear the...
  9. Seagate External hard drive turns Xbox off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seagate External hard drive turns Xbox off: If I leave my seagate external hard connected it shuts down my Xbox before I get to the dashboard. So I connect it after my Xbox is on the dashboard but my Xbox doesn't detect. And when I think it...
  10. Xbox 1 wont detect my Seagate 2tb external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 wont detect my Seagate 2tb external hard drive: Xbox One console won't detect sea gate external hard drive 11e8507d-2e82-45be-8d76-ee45e5ba5ec2