External SSD Alpha Build

Discus and support External SSD Alpha Build in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The Alpha build that was pushed yesterday made my external SSD unreadable by my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. I tried different cables, different... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Guiermo487, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:23 PM.

1. External SSD Alpha Build

The Alpha build that was pushed yesterday made my external SSD unreadable by my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition. I tried different cables, different external cases and nothing worked.

I even plugged it into 2 different Windows 10 machines. They saw the USB controller of the external cases, but it did not see the drive.

Finally I took it to my Mac, and it saw the drive as an unrecognizable drive and asked me to format it. I went ahead formatted it to APFS. Then I took it back to my Xbox and it saw it and then formatted it to the Xbox FS.

I am now reinstalling all the games that were on it. Not complaining, but want people to be aware of it.

submitted by /u/Guiermo487
    [link] [comments]

/u/Guiermo487, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:23 PM
  2. NxtDoc1851 Win User

External Hard Drive. Which one?

Geez cell phones. I meant Seagate is top notch. WD great too. SSD is great, but you have to "build" your own housing. The Seagate Barracuda is outstanding for SSD. But if you are not wanting to build you own housing, then you should go to the Seagate
    expansion external hard drive. Major Nelson is currently using the Seagate Expansion and says it works great

Missed my edit window.
  3. Turaeon Win User

Rise of the Tomb Raider only starts with DLC installed, if console is switched offline.

If anyone is interested, we managed to find that the problem only occurs if the game is installed on an external ssd.

If the game is moved from the ssd to the internal hdd the problem does not occur. Formating the ssd and moving the game back did not fix the problem. Other games launch fine from the external ssd.

The problem seems to be linked to (external?) ssds and (Rise of the Tomb Raider?) DLCs.
  4. Turaeon Win User

Rise of the Tomb Raider only starts with DLC installed, if console is switched offline.

I just checked Killer Instinct (with some DLC) on the external ssd and it worked without problems so...

the problem seems to be linked to external(?) ssds and Rise of the Tomb Raider DLCs.
  5. US Revenge Win User

just Read a 56 page PDF file of rumored MS strategies and next box info.

SSD will probably be too expensive. chances are there will be an internal SSD though. with external hard drives for data and such like for 360.
  6. NxtDoc1851 Win User

External Hard Drive. Which one?

Seagate is top notch. WD great too. SSD is great, but you have to "build" your own housing. if you are not Technically savvy then you should go to the city gate expansion external hard drive. Major Nelson is currently using this one says it works great
Thema:

External SSD Alpha Build

1. External SSD Alpha Build - Similar Threads - External SSD Alpha

2. Problem with actual Skip Ahead Build and external HDD 8HDD not SSD)

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with actual Skip Ahead Build and external HDD 8HDD not SSD): So, with the actual Skip Ahead Build i have/had a strange issue. 3 Times after booting my Console all Games that i have installed on external HDD where gone. The HDD worked, the HDD was full but,...
  3. Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox GameDrive external ssd compatable with PC ?: is the Xbox GameDrive external SSD compatable with delL laptop? 1bf70400-ba27-460f-bfa1-9731f8b56b55
  4. Xbox one loses connectivity when external SSD connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one loses connectivity when external SSD connected.: There are unanswered posts from years ago, posted on them but they locked it. No idea why but here we are, same issue, unresolved. Why does xbox loses connectivity when an SSD is plugged in? IT...
  5. Can't install games on my external ssd even if I have 1TB of space left and hundreds of games ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on my external ssd even if I have 1TB of space left and hundreds of games ...: Hi. I'm having a problem with my external storage and I found out where the problem lies but not a way to fix it. I have tried almost everything from "clear local save data" to "Clear Blue ray...
  6. External SSD for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    External SSD for Xbox One: Hello people! I was looking for additional storage on my good old Xbox One. And then though it was cool to get a SSD, to also increase speed loading. Problem: I found a "Xbox One SSD Game Drive"...
  7. Is it safe to leave external SSD on all the time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it safe to leave external SSD on all the time?: I just bought Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SSD for my Xbox One. I bought an SSD enclosure with it so I could externally hook it up to my Xbox. I was wondering if it’s safe to keep my SSD plugged into my...
  8. XBOX ONE Formatted my External SSD with my only videos of my baby!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE Formatted my External SSD with my only videos of my baby!: Hi, My XBOX ONE Formatted my External SSD when I plugged in my SSD to look at some videos of my baby. I came back later and the SSD was automatically formatted! I've lost everything from that...
  9. Using external SSD increase FPS issues on Skyrim

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using external SSD increase FPS issues on Skyrim: I recently purchased Skyrim SE and have probably been overusing the mods, as after about 6 or 7 hours of gameplay, frame rates seem to be dropping, especially in combat or in cities with lots of...
  10. Xbox one no longer recognizes external SSD after Aug 4 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one no longer recognizes external SSD after Aug 4 update: I had an issue today after a mandatory system update I was tinkering with the new Cortana and trying to check out any new changes when I noticed I was getting notifications of apps being...