External storage device questions

Discus and support External storage device questions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to move my games from Xbox one to an external hard drive (Seagate 1TB) and I'm having difficult. I have formatted the device. The games have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zeem07, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Zeem07
    Zeem07 Guest

I'm trying to move my games from Xbox one to an external hard drive (Seagate 1TB) and I'm having difficult. I have formatted the device. The games have been on queued for hours with 0 transfer of data. Can some one suggest what to do next?

:)

Zeem07, Jul 9, 2017
  2. Piztup-
    Piztup- Guest
    external storage devices

Check Play.com, i got a 16gb stick for about 13 quid.

Piztup-, Jul 9, 2017
  3. external storage devices

Microsoft have said that this feature is coming. They have not said when that will be yet.

Da Wife Said No, Jul 9, 2017
  4. External storage device questions

I have had some problems like that before. What I used to do was cancel the transfer and restart it again and I would do one or two games at a time. I think with having a lot of games transferring to the external hard drive can be a little much. That seemed
    to work out as well as try reformatting it again and also restarting the console and only doing one or two games at a time. I know that it can be frustrating having to wait and do each one individually can be bothersome but at least you can get your games
    on there.

WeepySaucer9404, Jul 9, 2017
  5. Zeem07
    Zeem07 Guest
    Zeem07, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Zeem07 Win User

7. WeepySaucer9404 Win User

I have had some problems like that before. What I used to do was cancel the transfer and restart it again and I would do one or two games at a time. I think with having a lot of games transferring to the external hard drive can be a little much. That seemed
    to work out as well as try reformatting it again and also restarting the console and only doing one or two games at a time. I know that it can be frustrating having to wait and do each one individually can be bothersome but at least you can get your games
    on there.
  8. WPAK Win User

Xbox one games crashing upon launch

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on the internal storage device or an external storage device?

If they are installed on an external storage device, please try and see what happens if the game is installed on the internal storage device and the external storage device is disconnected.
  9. WPAK Win User

Xbox One X sluggish performance

Hi there,

do you notice any difference in performance when there is no external storage device compared to when the external storage device is connected, or when the external storage device is connected to a different USB port?

Let us know the results
  10. SeanGriffin4 Win User

External storage device

I didn’t think so but thought I would try it. In that case do you know where I can find usb 3.0 devices at a good price?
Thema:

1. External storage device questions - Similar Threads - External storage device

2. Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build.: Hello all, Usually I don't have any problems with the alpha build; until today. My WD 2TB hard drive is not being picked up by the xbox. I have tried all usb ports and nothing. I even went...
  3. External Storage Device Removal

in XBoX Accessibility
    External Storage Device Removal: So I plugged a 32GB Toshiba USB into my Xbox One S and when I unplugged it from my console the option to open it remained. Is there a way to remove this option? Apologies if the 'Accessibility'...
  4. External Hard drive game recovery, and Format storage device error

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive game recovery, and Format storage device error: I have had a 2 TB seagate external storage device for about a year now, this past Saturday I came back from vacation to my xbox telling me I needed to format my storage device, and saying it was...
  5. External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.: I hooked up a new SSD to my Xbox One today. The Xbox One X however did not recognize the device. Upon trying everything in the support page for this the final step to restart console completely,...
  6. Xbox One won’t pick up my external storage device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won’t pick up my external storage device: My xbox one won’t pick up my external storage device to play games on it, ive tried resetting the console and switching the console etc off from the wall, unplugging everything etc, what do I do?...
  7. External storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage device: I have an external storage device with a usb 2.0 input, my xbox recognises it as a storage device but not for games as usb 3.0 is required. Is there any way I can use this storage device, perhaps...
  8. Trouble with internet and external storage devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with internet and external storage devices: I'm trying to move some games to my external storage device, but the game is there already but it has a different game size as the other one. I don't think I made a copy of that game and It will...
  9. What is the best external storage device for the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best external storage device for the Xbox One: I Have exceeded the amount of space on to my Xbox and now I am looking for a quality trybyte and I need a recommendation 3aeea59a-a564-432c-b4b7-27df4a3f38fc
  10. xbox one no longer recognizes external storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one no longer recognizes external storage device: My xbox one no longer recognizes my external storage device so I can not install any of our new Christmas games! 937d0a1a-8c4f-43dd-b5f8-5840dff7b4f4