External Storage Hard drive

Discus and support External Storage Hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I store all of my games on an external storage hard drive but one day my Xbox stopped recognizing the connection. Does anyone know what to do other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AGerv88, Feb 15, 2020.

1. AGerv88
    AGerv88 Guest

I store all of my games on an external storage hard drive but one day my Xbox stopped recognizing the connection. Does anyone know what to do other than the basic troubleshooting steps (turning things on and off, unplugging - plugging back in) to resolve
    this issue?

:)

AGerv88, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox one game storage

It wouldn't work as an external hard drive. You would need an actual external hard drive attached to the console for extra storage.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

External hard drive will not allow transfer

Hi Greg,

Thanks for reaching to the forums. We understand having issues with an external hard drive. Are you able to install directly to the external drive? Have you made sure the hard drive is formatted? Here is a guide for

troubleshooting external hard drive

Thanks,

Brad
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Major issue

Hard reset, remove/add external hard drive, hard reset again.

Are the missing games on the external or internal storage?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy files from Mac to Xbox One external HDD ?

Hi,

Not sure what you wanted to do here, could you elaborate?

As for external hard drives, you can't partition them for use as both external storage for games and for use with your Mac or PC. You can use an external hard drive on the Xbox One as a media drive, though.

If you format an external hard drive for Xbox One games storage, the whole drive is formatted and the file system is changed.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

External hard drives

Hi there Ttocs,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand there is an issue with an
    external hard drive. To help clarify,

• Does the console recognize the external hard drive?
    • What type of external hard drive are you using?

I recommend to try the following troubleshooting articles:

If the issue persists, For more information about partitioning an
    external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
    Devices that don’t meet these requirements will be treated as media storage, such as for music or video.
    For more info, see How to manage storage on Xbox One.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. External Storage Hard drive - Similar Threads - External Storage Hard

2. XBox One external storage error code 0x80bd003b

in XboX Insiders
    XBox One external storage error code 0x80bd003b: I have a Silicon Power 1TB Armor A60 hard drive. I got this to backup games for XBox One. I saw a YouTube video where it was simple to install. Sadly, when I plugged in Xbox didn't recognize it...
  3. External Storage Not Able To Download/Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Not Able To Download/Update: Hi, I have an external storage device that connects to the left side of my xbox, kind of hangs to the side as if its another part of my xbox. I can play games from it that I had once downloaded,...
  4. External Hard drive game recovery, and Format storage device error

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive game recovery, and Format storage device error: I have had a 2 TB seagate external storage device for about a year now, this past Saturday I came back from vacation to my xbox telling me I needed to format my storage device, and saying it was...
  5. Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not recognizing full storage amount of Toshiba external hard drive: My xbox one is connected to a Toshiba hard drive. The blue light is flashing. When i go to storage my hard drive doesn’t show ip, only the games stored on the xbox....
  6. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  7. external hard drive used up 300+gb of storage while xbox wasnt being used

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive used up 300+gb of storage while xbox wasnt being used: hey i was wondering if someone could help me with this issue, i hadnt played my xbox in over a month as i was quite busy, i decided to play some horizon 3 today because of the new dlc but when i...
  8. external hard drive storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive storage: Noticed 500GB on One S can be used up quickly. Can I use external hard drive storage for down loads? Where can I find Info on how to manage the game loads for storage drive?...
  9. Using External Hard Drive Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using External Hard Drive Storage: This is a link to my Twitter post concerning issues I have had with using a desktop internal hard drive in a powered external drive enclosure with my XBox One. You may find this information...
  10. Problem with storage on Xbox one/external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with storage on Xbox one/external hard drive: I turn on my Xbox one one day to transfer some games from my Xbox to the external hard drive i have. I go through what i need to do and would not let me transfer the game....