External Storage Not Able To Download/Update

Discus and support External Storage Not Able To Download/Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an external storage device that connects to the left side of my xbox, kind of hangs to the side as if its another part of my xbox. I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thee Kidd Flash, Mar 25, 2020.

1. External Storage Not Able To Download/Update

Hi,

I have an external storage device that connects to the left side of my xbox, kind of hangs to the side as if its another part of my xbox. I can play games from it that I had once downloaded, but I can no longer download or updated anything on that storage
    device. I do not believe it is the storage device though. I believe it may be the USB port, or something internally wrong with my xbox, or just some weird thing that is going to drive me insane. When I try to update/install anything, it starts, but never really
    starts. Then I get a little great box at the bottom of my screen that says "External Storage Ready" then almost immediately after says "Update/Installation Cancelled" & will repeat over and over again until it inevitably stops attempting. I have tried disconnecting
    it and reconnecting it, I cannot switch USB ports as the external storage device is meant to stick off the side & connect to the side USB port, I have tried the hard reboot of my xbox, unplugging it and letting it sit for awhile, basically the whole 9 yards.
    I do not have any other ideas, I cannot afford a new xbox, heck I can't afford a new external storage device. I cannot lose my saved data, I have spent way too much money on games. Please help. I am a broke college kid who cannot play the new WarZone game
    with my roommates/friends while I am quarantined because of the Virus.

Thanks, Lucas.

:)

Thee Kidd Flash, Mar 25, 2020
  2. SeaOfSelena Win User

3. Thee Kidd Flash Win User

Yes.

I click on the certain game when it "Cancel's Installation/Update" and I get error code : 0x800701b1

Which is an error code that I can not find.
  4. maxen Win User

Req - Xbox One Offline Update

You are not able to transfer game installations via USB. At present the Xbox One does not support any form of external storage.

I'm fairly sure you cannot download the system update either, and you will need to download these separately through the consoles. There's a diagnostic tool for the update which can be downloaded, but I think it is just that and not the update itself. So
    download via consoles it is.
  5. NonSportsGirl Win User

Xbox 360 slim 4GB and Kingston Datatraveler G4 32GB

I'd wait a bit for the current preview update to go live for everyone.

You'll then be able to use external hard drives of 2tb in size. Not only that, since the 360 supports two external devices, you'd be able to get 4tb of external storage in play.
  6. Mister Quasar Win User

Downloading Updates onto USB

Thanks for clarifying that!

If you head to Settings>System>Storage on the console, and make sure that the external hard drive is set as the default download location for the console, do you see any difference if you try the update again after that?

If you're still seeing trouble with the external set as the default download location, try transferring some of the content installed on the internal drive to the external drive to make space for the updates on the internal drive, and let us know if you're
    able to access GTA online with the update installed to the internal drive.
Thema:

1. External Storage Not Able To Download/Update - Similar Threads - External Storage Able

2. Xbox one external storage problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one external storage problem: Firstable, sorry if this isnt the right category I have an annoying problem with my external storage drive, its an ADATA 3TB hard drive It was working fine for the past 2 and a half years but...
  3. External Storage Wiped after XBox Update 4/7/20

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Wiped after XBox Update 4/7/20: I have a Seagate 1 TB storage device that I've been using with my Xbox One (Day One Edition) for years and have never had a problem after Xbox updates until today when I ran the latest update...
  4. XBox One external storage error code 0x80bd003b

in XboX Insiders
    XBox One external storage error code 0x80bd003b: I have a Silicon Power 1TB Armor A60 hard drive. I got this to backup games for XBox One. I saw a YouTube video where it was simple to install. Sadly, when I plugged in Xbox didn't recognize it...
  5. External storage problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External storage problem: My question is, what should I do if the games on the external storage drive do not work? The CDs were completely wiped off what was on the external storage drive, the rest won't boot and says "...
  6. External Storage Detection continuously disconnects and reconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Detection continuously disconnects and reconnects: Hi All, I have recently run out of space and purchased a Kesu 1TB external drive from amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GKCQM3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 When...
  7. External Storage Device Removal

in XBoX Accessibility
    External Storage Device Removal: So I plugged a 32GB Toshiba USB into my Xbox One S and when I unplugged it from my console the option to open it remained. Is there a way to remove this option? Apologies if the 'Accessibility'...
  8. External Storage Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Hard drive: I store all of my games on an external storage hard drive but one day my Xbox stopped recognizing the connection. Does anyone know what to do other than the basic troubleshooting steps (turning...
  9. External storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage: I turned on my novatech 1tb external storage for xbox one n the xbox didnt show all of my games n data on it and i dont know if it is the xbox or the external storage as i have tried everthing...
  10. Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error

in XboX Insiders
    Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error: I bought a USB 3.0 device with 64gb of space off amazon, I correctly formatted it for Xbox and started recording game clips on it, everything was fine. However it randomly started saying "to...