External Storage

Discus and support External Storage in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; External Storage I was researching the best external hard drives to use for Xbox One and saw that the Western Digital My Book was the most recommended.... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Chambi Church, Dec 27, 2016.

1. External Storage

External Storage
    I was researching the best external hard drives to use for Xbox One and saw that the Western Digital My Book was the most recommended. I happened to have a My Book Live that I bought a while back and never really used. Will this work as an external hard
    drive, or does it have to be something that directly connects to my console via USB?

:)

Chambi Church, Dec 27, 2016
  2. SiNAR 212
    SiNAR 212 Guest
    Yes, the PlayStation 4 Supports External Storage, but There’s a Catch

Well now I am wondering if the X1 will let us use it to put game son it, probably not External Storage :(

Via: Yes, the PlayStation 4 Supports External Storage, but There?s a Catch | TIME.com

SiNAR 212, Dec 27, 2016
  3. Yes, the PlayStation 4 Supports External Storage, but There’s a Catch

I don't think that it's that bad of a catch to prevent me from using the external storage. Though I am not sure if I will ever need to actually use external storage. The fact that there will be 33 games at launch makes me think that eventually, a lot of users will need the external space. I'm OK with it not being functional for downloadable games. No biggie.

incredibleone, Dec 27, 2016
  4. WPAK Win User

Xbox one games crashing upon launch

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on the internal storage device or an external storage device?

If they are installed on an external storage device, please try and see what happens if the game is installed on the internal storage device and the external storage device is disconnected.
  5. BraddingoHD Win User

All digital games won't install saying "installing"

Do you have room on your internal/external storage? sometimes games require storage on internal and external
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

External storage

Hey, guys! Bazajaytee is on the right track with this one! This thread is a bit old. If you need assistance with any other support issues, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community
    can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  7. Psyact Win User

External Storage

These might help you identify the problem:

1. Power the Xbox One down completely and plug the external drive into a different USB port on the Xbox One. Power the Xbox back on and see if the problem persists. If it does, it's that particular USB port that's the issue.

2. If the external HDD has a power cord, try plugging it into a different outlet. If it's plugged into a surge protector, try plugging it directly into a wall (temporarily, just to see if the power is the issue).

3. Last option -- move your data on the external HDD to your internal HDD, and reformat it. I doubt this is the problem, but occasionally I've seen this work.
  8. LegoNinja187 Win User

External Storage

Just make sure your console is connected to Xbox Live while playing and you shouldn't have any issues with game save data.
Thema:

External Storage

1. External Storage - Similar Threads - External Storage

2. xbox one x external storage not fast enough

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x external storage not fast enough: So I have an Xbox one x and after many years of working well on its own I need to include some extra storage on it to play a few more games. I bought a 2 tb 3.0 flash drive and plugged it in to my...
  3. Xbox Series X External Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X External Storage: Just let us use external hdd and transfer games to internal to play. Im not buying stupid little cards to hold games, that is the most stupidest thing ive ever heard. I already have 5 10tb hdd....
  4. External storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage: I just bought a brand new 2TB Seagate game drive for my xbox, but my xbox will only recognize it as a media device. I have plugged the drive into my PC and it works perfectly fine on there. I have...
  5. External storage problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage problems: My xbox one x kept losing the external hard drive. I tried the solutions, more as it kept happening. after this last time i reset my xbox settings. Now the xbox can see the harddrive but does not...
  6. Problems with external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with external storage: Hello all. I've been using an external storage for a couple years now. Within the past year I have been having some issues. Sometimes the Xbox will not detect it at all. Mostly and my current...
  7. my external storage

in XBoX Accessibility
    my external storage: my x box external memory does not light up but hear it running and does not show saved material is it shot or broke ? 767d45ac-a39d-4f43-9a8e-a34c1963e68d
  8. External Storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage: Is there anyway I can add an external storage device to my son’s xbox one without having to format it on a computer/laptop. 6853b59a-d55e-4e82-80d6-611e727858f0
  9. External Storage Not Registering on XBOX ONE

in XBoX Accessibility
    External Storage Not Registering on XBOX ONE: I purchased a POSS Portable Storage System "aVolusion" HD250U3-Z1 500GB (XBOX FORMATTED) however it is not being recognized by my XBOX. I've gone through all of the troubleshooting exercises...
  10. My external storage device is not connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device is not connecting: [img] [img] I have check every thang. usb ports and if it die and it runs fine it just don’t want to connect it did this ones be for and i had to reformate it and xbox is up to date. I payed...