External storage

Discus and support External storage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned on my novatech 1tb external storage for xbox one n the xbox didnt show all of my games n data on it and i dont know if it is the xbox or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by killa coolio, Feb 15, 2020.

1. killa coolio
    killa coolio Guest

External storage

I turned on my novatech 1tb external storage for xbox one n the xbox didnt show all of my games n data on it and i dont know if it is the xbox or the external storage as i have tried everthing Microsoft have recommend to me and nothing has changed

:)

killa coolio, Feb 15, 2020
  2. BraddingoHD Win User

All digital games won't install saying "installing"

Do you have room on your internal/external storage? sometimes games require storage on internal and external
  3. Misses Quinzel Win User

External storage

Hey, guys! Bazajaytee is on the right track with this one! This thread is a bit old. If you need assistance with any other support issues, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community
    can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)
  4. Psyact Win User

External Storage

These might help you identify the problem:

1. Power the Xbox One down completely and plug the external drive into a different USB port on the Xbox One. Power the Xbox back on and see if the problem persists. If it does, it's that particular USB port that's the issue.

2. If the external HDD has a power cord, try plugging it into a different outlet. If it's plugged into a surge protector, try plugging it directly into a wall (temporarily, just to see if the power is the issue).

3. Last option -- move your data on the external HDD to your internal HDD, and reformat it. I doubt this is the problem, but occasionally I've seen this work.
  5. DragonSamurai75 Win User

External Storage

If I might make a suggestion on a particular brand, go for a Toshiba brand external 7200 RPM HDD, I have two 1TB Toshiba external HDD's and they have never let me down. I know at my local Walmart they have the 1TB for $49.99 a piece and they have the 2TB
    for $69.99 a piece, so be sure to check them out if you can afford the right one you want.
  6. Ice DjKilla Win User

External Storage

Hello Tamer,

I currently am using a WD MyPassport Ultra 3TB USB 3.0 external hard drive that I picked up awhile back for around $80.00 on sale.

I havent had any issues with it so far, I have it set to default so everything is loaded to it, so I can always take my games to go if needed.

If you have any one your looking at in particular, make sure it is capable of higher Rpms in order to read/write data quicker. Make sure to get one that is USB 3.0 (some companies still try to sell the 2.0 versions). I prefer ext. drives that use the power
    through USB from the xbox versus having to plug it in to a seperate outlet.

Also space is very imporant, as for example, lets say each game you download or install is roughly 40GB. So that means 1 TB drive will provide you enough space for approx. 25 Games. Which is why I went for the 3TB version.
Thema:

External storage

1. External storage - Similar Threads - External storage

2. External Storage Not Able To Download/Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Not Able To Download/Update: Hi, I have an external storage device that connects to the left side of my xbox, kind of hangs to the side as if its another part of my xbox. I can play games from it that I had once downloaded,...
  3. External storage problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External storage problem: My question is, what should I do if the games on the external storage drive do not work? The CDs were completely wiped off what was on the external storage drive, the rest won't boot and says "...
  4. External Storage Detection continuously disconnects and reconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Detection continuously disconnects and reconnects: Hi All, I have recently run out of space and purchased a Kesu 1TB external drive from amazon. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GKCQM3C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 When...
  5. External Storage Device Removal

in XBoX Accessibility
    External Storage Device Removal: So I plugged a 32GB Toshiba USB into my Xbox One S and when I unplugged it from my console the option to open it remained. Is there a way to remove this option? Apologies if the 'Accessibility'...
  6. External Storage Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Hard drive: I store all of my games on an external storage hard drive but one day my Xbox stopped recognizing the connection. Does anyone know what to do other than the basic troubleshooting steps (turning...
  7. Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error

in XboX Insiders
    Bug With Game Clips / External Storage, USB 3.0 Error: I bought a USB 3.0 device with 64gb of space off amazon, I correctly formatted it for Xbox and started recording game clips on it, everything was fine. However it randomly started saying "to...
  8. We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d)

in XBoX on Consoles
    We see your external storage, but the connection is too weak to use. (0x8082000d): I have a My Book 2TB Hard drive and I've had it for about 5 years now hooked up to my xbox one. I went to play on it today and in the middle of a cut scene to the game I was playing, it died out...
  9. In "Manage Storage", check individual content from internal or external media isn't working.

in XboX Insiders
    In "Manage Storage", check individual content from internal or external media isn't working.: Games panel shows it has X number of games filtered, but nothing is shown. Meanwhile, if we manually filter games by internal or external storage, it works. I'm so sure it was working normally...
  10. Bug Report - External Storage Issue - Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bug Report - External Storage Issue - Xbox One: Hi Everyone I know it is a little late in the day to be talking about errors so close to the series x release, but i still think it might prove helpful to know Recently, whilst playing a game -...