: External USB HD blocking wireless connection

Discus and support : External USB HD blocking wireless connection in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : External USB HD blocking wireless connection Thats the weird part, the signal from wi-fi and connection to the router keeps the same, it justs lose... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by AlexBRrs, Sep 13, 2019.

1. AlexBRrs
    AlexBRrs Guest

Thats the weird part, the signal from wi-fi and connection to the router keeps the same, it justs lose the connection to the internet.

In AUTO mode it loses the IP address and DHCP error appears and in static mode it just loses the internet connection. But the connection to the router, the Wireless keeps the same.

i will test it on my brother in law's xbox one to see if it happens as on my one.

:)

AlexBRrs, Sep 13, 2019
  2. AlexBRrs Win User

External USB HD blocking wireless connection

All USB ports the same issue. It's really weird.

How a storage device can cause a network issue on DHCP?

Wireless signal are strong, 80%. It just lose IP address soon as i connect the storage device.

The IP and connection to Xbox Live returns after removing the same device.
  3. JTL1E Win User

have you tried all the usb slots or just the ones in front or back? also have you tried moving the xbox to a more open space? I know dumb question but it might just be the usb slot you are using?
  4. AlexBRrs Win User

Thats the weird part, the signal from wi-fi and connection to the router keeps the same, it justs lose the connection to the internet.

In AUTO mode it loses the IP address and DHCP error appears and in static mode it just loses the internet connection. But the connection to the router, the Wireless keeps the same.

i will test it on my brother in law's xbox one to see if it happens as on my one.
  5. AlexBRrs Win User

Hi Brad.

i'm using Kross Elegance Waves 1TB KE-HD10TW. i already formatted this HD to be sure there's nothing inside causing any problem.

Using a USB flash drive with 4GB the Xbox don't face any trouble, connection OK. This external HD is the only one i have and its new, just 3 months of use and was working fine on PC.

On the first moment, IP address was set to AUTO. When i plug the device, Xbox One lost IP from the gateway and some error with DHCP appears.

Set the IP and DNS to static on Xbox and my router. Without external HD, everything works fine. Just plug and again Xbox lost the internet access.

The wireles connection remains the same, same signal and connected. But it loses the access to the internet.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information on the external HD. Try the HD on a different console like a friend or family member see if it cancels out the wifi. If it does then there is something with the make of the external that causing it to disconnect or block wifi.
    For example magnets/metal will disconnect Wifi, not saying there are magnets in this external as only the manufacturer would know. But could be composite of the housing or drive that causing the block.

If it doesn't do this on another console, there could be a hardware issue within the console.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. : External USB HD blocking wireless connection - Similar Threads - External USB blocking

2. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  3. Can't play video from external usb drive. [Error Code: 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play video from external usb drive. [Error Code: 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)]: I'm trying to watch movies that I have on my Seagate 8gb External Desktop Drive. I've recently passed the 2gb in the amount of data stored, and it seems that anything I put on it now cannot be...
  4. Disc games on Xbox One S All Digital Edition through USB External Disc Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc games on Xbox One S All Digital Edition through USB External Disc Drive: I Was thinking about getting an Xbox ONE S All-Digital Edition for my Entertainment Center (I Have a regular Xbox ONE S for Personal Gaming, too) and I was wondering if the Xbox ONE S All-Digital...
  5. Disque dur externe neuf SATA 3.0 UP Gbps 2.5'' HDD USB 3.0 non reconnu sur ma xbox one S ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disque dur externe neuf SATA 3.0 UP Gbps 2.5'' HDD USB 3.0 non reconnu sur ma xbox one S ...: Nouveau disque dur externe non reconnu sur ma Xbox One, mais après avoir effectué les manipulations indiquées dans le support technique. Quelqu'un peut m'aider s'il vous plait [Translation- New...
  6. XBOX One external usb 3 hard drive not powering up after Oct 2018 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external usb 3 hard drive not powering up after Oct 2018 update: After the October 2018 update to my XBOX One Console, my external usb 3 hard disk(where I have lots of games installed to) is not powering up from a soft power-on with the controller. I have to...
  7. Xbox One X - USB-powered external drive always on!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - USB-powered external drive always on!: Hi there, Ok read a ton of similar threads but most official microsoft answers thus far seem to either side-step or avoid answering some not quite so direct questions, so I thought I'd ask a...
  8. How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on ...: How many USB ports with the XBOX 1 X read? and how big a external HD can I use for movies on the XBOX1 X? 2e9f8243-f8db-4ab0-8724-d73430db9680
  9. Since 1806 Preview Update on 28 June 2018 USB External Drive disconnects on use

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since 1806 Preview Update on 28 June 2018 USB External Drive disconnects on use: Since 1806 Preview Update on 28 June 2018 USB External Drive disconnects on use. I removed y console from the Insider Program and the drive started to work fine. Added the console back into the...
  10. looking for cheap USB or external hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    looking for cheap USB or external hard drive?: No Idea where to post this so going to post this here. I bought a xbox one S 2 months ago (it was well used lol) It only came with 500GB of storage & well gears of war 4 & Halo 5 take up most of...