External USB recordings

Discus and support External USB recordings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was recording gameplay on my One S to an external USB drive. At one hour it ended the recording. So I started another and kept going. On my computer,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nthnu, Aug 1, 2021.

1. nthnu
    nthnu Guest

External USB recordings

I was recording gameplay on my One S to an external USB drive. At one hour it ended the recording. So I started another and kept going. On my computer, I can can open and copy the files, except I can't copy/move the one hour recording. I can open it and watch the whole hour though. Any ideas? I'td this an issue?

:)

nthnu, Aug 1, 2021
  2. nthnu Win User

External USB recordings

Non that appear. There are no messages that pop up, and the copy operations say it can't and asks if I'd like to Try Again or Skip it.
  3. SammyGomes1 Win User

External USB recordings

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you, mate?

Is there an error message when trying to copy this file?
  4. FearToXic123 Win User

Why doesn't Microsoft add the ability to record audio on a USB 3.0?

PS4 can record clips up to 1 hour without a external. And can have the option to include your audio along with peers. Then export it with a USB onto your computer and edit. Xbox can only record up to a max 10 minutes internally. That's why if you can add
    a external - USB 3.0 recording up to 1 hour is awesome. But it lacks the audio option?
  5. DakkaRaptor Win User

What would you like to see added to Xbox 2020?

I would like the ability to record an actual decent amount like say over 1 to 3 hrs of recording the ability to edit it and use an external usb mic.
  6. corepyq Win User

3 WEEKS Game Captures Corrupted!!!!!

Before the problem will be solved you can upload your clips on external harddrive connected through usb, if you have some..
    I am using external harddrive and I often get corrupted files when recording. Instead of 1 minute they are only few seconds long.
Thema:

External USB recordings

1. External USB recordings - Similar Threads - External USB recordings

2. XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE-S 1Tb: Is it possible to connect external USB disc reader and play disc games?: Hello to all, as in the subject: I have a XBOX ONE-S with an internal 1Tb disc. My question is if it is possible to connect an external USB disc reader and play disc games? Searching on the...
  3. Most externally installed game (be it on the official external card or usb) has disappeared!

in XboX Insiders
    Most externally installed game (be it on the official external card or usb) has disappeared!: I had 183 games installed: internal storage, official expansion card and on my 6TB external drive. Now it says 74 !! 109 disappeared, BUT the space they occupied hasn't returned. I am not...
  4. External hard disk for Xbox One X: can I buy a USB key?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard disk for Xbox One X: can I buy a USB key?: Hi I need an external hard disk for my xbox One x. I think that I need not more than 256/512GB at maximum and if possible i would like to avoid to buy an external hdd. I would prefer a little usb...
  5. what is the maximum bandwith for usb external drives on the Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is the maximum bandwith for usb external drives on the Series X?: what is the maximum bandwith for usb external drives on the Series X? 5f25d434-b006-4449-9d9e-e99600c9966d
  6. External USB Drives not attaching correctly to SeriesX

in XboX Insiders
    External USB Drives not attaching correctly to SeriesX: Since the latest update for my SeriesX been having issues where my external USB drives are not recognized or show as being 100% utilized. Any one else seen this issue? submitted by...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Wireless Controller + USB-C Cable (Xbox Series X/S) doesn't connect to external...: The controller was updated to the latest firmware today. The Bluetooth connects immediately to my Pixel phone, a Raspberry Pi400, an old Lynx 7 Windows tablet and a 2018 iPad. It won't connect...
  8. Please help: No increase in capture length using USB 3.0 external drive as storage...

in XboX Insiders
    Please help: No increase in capture length using USB 3.0 external drive as storage...: So, this is freakin' driving me NUTS; I bought a brand new, Seagate, two terabyte drive (USB 3.0) specifically for capturing game play. I plug it in, get asked how I want to use it (media), then I...
  9. Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Seagate - Game Drive for Xbox 2TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive: So i gave my little brother my Xbox and im gonna go the PC route now. Can i use the external hard drive on the PC and play the digital copy games that are on it? If there is a certian software or...
  10. Issues with external Series X USB SSD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with external Series X USB SSD: I had a external USB 3.0 SSD for the One X working without issues, now I plugged it to the Series X, it started updating games (no problem) but meanwhile I plugged a second, newer, better USB SSD...