External Xbox Storage devices not displaying.

Discus and support External Xbox Storage devices not displaying. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hooked up a new SSD to my Xbox One today. The Xbox One X however did not recognize the device. Upon trying everything in the support page for this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XPGWallsch, Sep 13, 2019.

1. XPGWallsch
    XPGWallsch Guest

I hooked up a new SSD to my Xbox One today. The Xbox One X however did not recognize the device. Upon trying everything in the support page for this the final step to restart console completely, my other already connected and working external HDD does
    not show up now either. Is there any reason why the Xbox would not read a device then decide to not read the other one? Any help on either issue would be wondrous. Thanks

:)

XPGWallsch, Sep 13, 2019
  2. XPGWallsch Win User

Thanks for the suggestion. So all drives are working now. I had to format it to exFAT for some reason for the xbox to recognize it
  3. XPGWallsch Win User

Yes sir. So I got the old one working again by resetting my console. However the new hard drive works fine on PC and does not show up on xbox.
  4. Zero420override Win User

Have you tried formatting it?
  5. XPGWallsch Win User

Sir I have done that page several times.
  6. XPGWallsch Win User

Yes sir. I have tried all of that. I tried that before I started searching deeper for answers.
Thema:

1. External Xbox Storage devices not displaying. - Similar Threads - External Storage devices

2. Xbox One won’t pick up my external storage device

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One won’t pick up my external storage device: My xbox one won’t pick up my external storage device to play games on it, ive tried resetting the console and switching the console etc off from the wall, unplugging everything etc, what do I do?...
  3. External storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage device: I have an external storage device with a usb 2.0 input, my xbox recognises it as a storage device but not for games as usb 3.0 is required. Is there any way I can use this storage device, perhaps...
  4. Trouble with internet and external storage devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with internet and external storage devices: I'm trying to move some games to my external storage device, but the game is there already but it has a different game size as the other one. I don't think I made a copy of that game and It will...
  5. External storage device questions

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage device questions: I'm trying to move my games from Xbox one to an external hard drive (Seagate 1TB) and I'm having difficult. I have formatted the device. The games have been on queued for hours with 0 transfer of...
  6. What is the best external storage device for the Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best external storage device for the Xbox One: I Have exceeded the amount of space on to my Xbox and now I am looking for a quality trybyte and I need a recommendation 3aeea59a-a564-432c-b4b7-27df4a3f38fc
  7. xbox one no longer recognizes external storage device

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one no longer recognizes external storage device: My xbox one no longer recognizes my external storage device so I can not install any of our new Christmas games! 937d0a1a-8c4f-43dd-b5f8-5840dff7b4f4
  8. My external storage device disappeared.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device disappeared.: I have a Seagate 3TB USB 3.0 drive that I have attached to my XBOX ONE. It was working fine until recently; however, we don't know exactly when it stopped. I have tried the recommended trouble...
  9. I cant get my xbox 1 to recognize my external storage device even after all troubleshooting

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get my xbox 1 to recognize my external storage device even after all troubleshooting: i went as far as to do a factory reset on the system and the only thing I acomplished was loosing my master chief preloaded game and halo channel. Any ideas on what to do next, and how to get my...
  10. Xbox One will show my External HD in storage but when selected it tells me "No Devices ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One will show my External HD in storage but when selected it tells me "No Devices ...: Hello, I'm just curious about my Toshiba 2TB 3.0 external HD not being recognized. It shows up under storage and when I plug it in I get the "Hold the Home button to access" but when I press it or...