Extreme Bandwidth usage on Xbox One X

Discus and support Extreme Bandwidth usage on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I tried to turn on my Xbox One X after not using it for a few days, and it wouldn't connect to either my Wireless Network or Wired Internet. So,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sean8P, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Sean8P
    Sean8P Guest

So, I tried to turn on my Xbox One X after not using it for a few days, and it wouldn't connect to either my Wireless Network or Wired Internet. So, after troubleshooting it for a while, I checked the Bandwith Use in Settings and feom 5AM-12PM (When I was
    asleep, alone in the apartment, and the Xbox turned off/Hibernating) it apparently was using a total of 54TB of Bandwidth over that period. I don't thing it's feasible or possible to use that much in that short a time when its pretty much turned off, but can
    anyone else think of how it could do that? Thanks for any help you can provide

:)

Sean8P, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Sean8P Win User

I was kind of hoping that was the case, as the numbers shown were astronomically high for that period. I just needed to see if there was any other case I could miss that may get something relatively close. Thanks for the answers.
  3. x2NF Win User

i had this problem before so i totally rest the xbox and load all back up an i was a able to reconnect
  4. darkist1 Win User

Hi Sean8P,

Is there any chance there are other devices connected to the router? the xbox can do updates while in hibernating mode, but to do 54TB in that time period, seems like alot.
  5. Sean8P Win User

I managed to get the Network back to working by changing out the Ethernet cable, but I'm really just curious how it's physically possible to use 11TB of bandwith in an hours time (the peak logged on the Xbox Network log) let alone the total 54TB of bandwidth.
  6. Chudamaru Win User

Do you have any admin logs from your router from that time?
Thema:

1. Extreme Bandwidth usage on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Extreme Bandwidth usage

2. xbox adaptive controller and Logitec extreme joystick

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox adaptive controller and Logitec extreme joystick: Hi I wanted to know if the Logitech Extreme Joystick can work with the xbox adaptive controller? Ultimately I wanted to be able to play call of duty with it as I have broken my left hand. Luckily...
  3. Extreme issues with live support and enforcement pages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extreme issues with live support and enforcement pages: So ive been trying to get in contact with someone from the enforcement team for 15 hours now and have been redirected through both internet and phone call services to try and apply for a case...
  4. Menu actions extremely fast and buttons unresponsive

in XboX Insiders
    Menu actions extremely fast and buttons unresponsive: Posting it here as I couldn't even get the internal error reporting to work. Alpha Skip Ahead OS Version 10.0.19041.3805 I'd loaded the Xbox Game Pass app which triggered the rewards...
  5. Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox x game updating, the games are updating extremely slow even though a speed test on the...: My games are updating at 1mb/s with a ethernet plugged in which is extremely frustrating and unusual because i ran a detailed speed test on the console and it says its at roughly 500mb/s but the...
  6. Screen is extremely dim while game streaming.

in XBoX on Windows
    Screen is extremely dim while game streaming.: When I stream games to my pc it is dimmed to the point that I can't see anything, all my auto dim settings are turned off, I have reset the xbox, the router, and the computer. My brightness is all...
  7. Extremely disappointed with Xbox hardware support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely disappointed with Xbox hardware support: So I've been an Xbox fanboy since 2004. Had every single console, even bought every iteration within a single generation and have two One Xs right now. The Scorpio edition recently started running...
  8. Xbox audio extremely glitchy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox audio extremely glitchy: I have the original xboxone and as of tonight the audio has been all over the place. I've changed the HDMI cord, switched headphones, restarted the xbox, checked that the audio settings were...
  9. Extreme Bandwidth Usage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extreme Bandwidth Usage: I am hoping this is some type of error and was wondering if someone else encountered it. According to my Bandwidth usage on my Xbox, I have used 2.12 TB of data. Not really possible overnight and...
  10. How to fix extremely slow bandwidth?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix extremely slow bandwidth?: Long story short, BattleField Hardline (digital) was only 53% complete after 12 hours of installing. Some time later, I accidently canceled it (meant to hit pause) and in 1hr 30m it's zoomed up to...