Extreme Bandwidth Usage

Discus and support Extreme Bandwidth Usage in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am hoping this is some type of error and was wondering if someone else encountered it. According to my Bandwidth usage on my Xbox, I have used 2.12... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Omega Realities, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Extreme Bandwidth Usage

I am hoping this is some type of error and was wondering if someone else encountered it. According to my Bandwidth usage on my Xbox, I have used 2.12 TB of data. Not really possible overnight and while I am at work.

Last night it was only around 150 GB. Has anyone else have this occur?

EDIT: Clarified where the usage show up.

:)

Omega Realities, Mar 11, 2019
  2. IRB Win User

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

I have seen this before ,where the bandwidth usage screen reports incorrectly. Perhaps a bug.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

Hi there Omega,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the current issue with bandwidth usage. I recommend to try the following resource article from the Xbox Support website:

Manage network bandwidth for game downloads on Xbox One

Features that are implemented in bandwidth usage are game updates, system updates, multiplayer matches, party chats, game DVR uploads/downloads, and any new downloads.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
  4. GreenJester8559 Win User

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

i think it is a system bug
  5. Omega Realities Win User

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

The only thing set to auto update is the system. My internet bandwidth is 100 Mbs so it seems almost impossible that that much data could be used. I checked with my isp, but they can not tell me anything until after midnight. The Xbox was turned off overnight.

This data comes from the settings -> network -> network settings -> bandwidth usage screen. From 5:00 am until now shows only about 100 MB.

I was wondering if anyone had heard of something like this before.
  6. XBF Nestor S Win User

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

Hey Omega thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

The only thing that might possibly cause this would be that the console is set to

auto update
    . We're constantly improving Xbox One. If your console is set up to get automatic updates, we'll update your console when one is available. If not, you'll be prompted to update. Is this the case? Let us know so we can get this ironed out.
Thema:

Extreme Bandwidth Usage

1. Extreme Bandwidth Usage - Similar Threads - Extreme Bandwidth Usage

2. Having extremely low Upload speed on Xbox One, causing FIFA and other games to be unplayable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having extremely low Upload speed on Xbox One, causing FIFA and other games to be unplayable.: I have a network cable out of my router and to a switch which connects my PC and my Xbox One S, I have terrible, terrbile FPS stutters on FIFA 20 and I think I might have found why, when I run a...
  3. 极限竞速地平线4下载速度显示5m/s,实际速度很慢 [Translate] Extreme Race Horizon 4 download speed shows 5m/s,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    极限竞速地平线4下载速度显示5m/s,实际速度很慢 [Translate] Extreme Race Horizon 4 download speed shows 5m/s,...: 电信100兆宽带,dns也改过了,下载速度还是慢 [Translate by Mod] Telecommunications 100 mega-broadband, dns has also been changed, download speed is still slow 481cafb9-1aa9-42b8-a092-c05f48b78849
  4. Potential issue Alpha: Extremely slow downloads

in XboX Insiders
    Potential issue Alpha: Extremely slow downloads: I have a 400 Mbit line and typically get around 150 MBit on Xbox. Right now I am downloading Pinball FX3 on the newest Alpha version and the speed constantly switches between 1,47 MB/Sec and...
  5. Fortnite extremely laggy.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite extremely laggy.: Seeing if someone can comment or staff check into this.. was playing fortnite with my cousin mailny team rumble with him and the game was so laggy everything was freezing and charatcers skipping...
  6. Xbox One S Deadzone Extreme

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Deadzone Extreme: There is one other thread about this but it was never resolved and locked. Standard xbox one s controller. My deadzone on both sticks takes up like 80% of the stick with only the last 20% to the...
  7. Extreme Bandwidth usage on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extreme Bandwidth usage on Xbox One X: So, I tried to turn on my Xbox One X after not using it for a few days, and it wouldn't connect to either my Wireless Network or Wired Internet. So, after troubleshooting it for a while, I checked...
  8. Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Download speeds are extremely slow after last Alpha Skip ahead update: Hello, after last Alpha Skip ahead I tried downloading game but the download speeds are very slow. I get on average 15-60Mbps when before I got 600-900Mbps. When I do network test it comes back...
  9. Whenever I move my left stick in the home screen it moves extremely fast and goes all over...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Whenever I move my left stick in the home screen it moves extremely fast and goes all over...: So when i press the home button when im in a game it immediately puts me to the bottom of the page (where it says game pass & gold). Also, when i slightly move he left stick it goes crazy and...
  10. How to fix extremely slow bandwidth?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix extremely slow bandwidth?: Long story short, BattleField Hardline (digital) was only 53% complete after 12 hours of installing. Some time later, I accidently canceled it (meant to hit pause) and in 1hr 30m it's zoomed up to...