Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere.

Discus and support Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, About three days ago, suspiciously after the console update, my ping, latency, and packet loss had gone so far up its miserable to play any game.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JPBryan1, Feb 28, 2020.

1. JPBryan1
    JPBryan1 Guest

Hi,

About three days ago, suspiciously after the console update, my ping, latency, and packet loss had gone so far up its miserable to play any game. My Xbox one has a wired connection and usually runs at a ping of 40-50. I have not been over 100 ping since
    I can remember. I very rarely have latency or packet loss issues either; however, about three days ago, my ping went up to 200 and Im having latency and packet loss issues. The ping fluctuates like crazy too. Nothing has changed via my router/network/internet/connection.
    Also, Ive tried every fix in the book, none of it has made any difference, and my internet connection is really good and stable with everything else in my apt (including my friend’s ps4). I know there isnt a fix yet but if your experiencing this issue or have
    any advice please let me know. Thanks

:)

JPBryan1, Feb 28, 2020
  2. ICx Killa MyWay Win User

Three things I can suggest at this point...

1: Contact your ISP

2: Check to see if your router has restricted your Xbox in anyway, as far as lowered bandwidth or something similar

or 3: Reset your console, either keeping or removing your games & apps
  3. zeroice007 Win User

just rest everything or get a better dns possibly or get a wifi booster. You can always wait to see if it will pass. Most likely your secondary dns is not great
  4. zeroice007 Win User

Good point when all else has been checked its always the internet company . Sometimes on new installs I have found they sometimes mess up anothers set up outside sometimes. But soon as you call they can diagnose and already figure its an outside issue
  5. ItzAprilLol Win User

This is the right answer. This happened to me and I had to have my isp come to my house. Some wires outside went bad.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"however, about three days ago, my ping went up to 200 and Im having latency and packet loss issues."

Packet loss issues indicates a fault somewhere. It may be a line fault that your ISP needs to address. It may be the ethernet cable you're using is damaged, crushed or abraded and needs replacing, or reseating in the sockets. Or your network hardware
    is failing.

Try testing your network with only your console connected and swap out the ethernet cable. Try testing the Wifi instead of wired.
Thema:

1. Extremely high ping, latency, packet loss out of nowhere. - Similar Threads - Extremely high ping

2. extremely slow downloads and a lost of installation stopped on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    extremely slow downloads and a lost of installation stopped on xbox one: this xbox has been starting to get really really bad at you know downloading stuff even with 5G wifi which is the best wifi there is (I think)... anyways it has not been downloading things at a...
  3. Gamepass Windows Extremely Slow Download Speeds

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepass Windows Extremely Slow Download Speeds: Why are Gamepass download speeds so slow? On the same computer, the same network, using ethernet I can reach beyond 15 MB/s on competitors like Steam, yet Xbox App can barely get to 5 MB/s on a...
  4. Xbox community support system extremely poor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox community support system extremely poor: Recently I have been trying to contact the Xbox support team and every way possible they try and escape the situation I recently sent out my Xbox one X to get a service repair and my Xbox was lost...
  5. Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Left 4 Dead 2 extreme lag and voice chat issues- XBOX One: Hello, I purchased a new XBOX One just to play Left 4 Dead 2 a few months back. I use the backwards compatible physical disk version of the game. There is always an extreme amount of lag in...
  6. Extremely frustarted - Controller broken and cannot create Service Request for the Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely frustarted - Controller broken and cannot create Service Request for the Elite...: Firstly my Elite Controller 2 has now for second time within warranty broken shoulder bumper: When pressing Right Bumper it doesn't always react - sometimes when pressing Right Bumper it reacts...
  7. My xbox one started to act extremely slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one started to act extremely slow: There is no dust on the vents and I've done everything I've sceen on the internet to reset the issue but my apps and games take forever to load and videos sometimes only play audio and no visual....
  8. My headset audio is extremely choppy

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset audio is extremely choppy: I've had this issue for a while now. My audio when I'm in a party and trying to play a game becomes choppy. It works fine if im just playing a game or just in a party on the home screen. It's only...
  9. Extremely Slow Download Speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download Speeds: Hello All! I need some help. I am currently trying to update a game, but the download speed is super slow. (20 KBPS!!!) And is meant to be 60mbps. So I done a speedcheck. Wifi is fine at 50-60...
  10. Console takes an extremely long time to recover after an update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console takes an extremely long time to recover after an update.: This has been going on for a while now but after I have a system update (which is every other day or so). My One X is essentially unusable for a long time after the update completes. My games and...